• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Michael

This is matty’s final season, ofcourse hasn’t been announced yet. But he’s already got the dual role, he’s 35. He’s running on adrenaline at the minute and Kuol is getting better by the day right now. He can’t block kuol’s path much longer. I anticipate Kuol/Urena being the starting pair from here on out. And unless one gets injured or Urena doesn’t start scoring as he gets fitter then matty will start.
The club has helped alou settle on the coast perfectly and is looking after him, Monty signed his brother purely based on Alou’s word. He loves the coast.
Don’t he anxious about losing him just yet people, just enjoy the show.

Tevor

This is matty’s final season, ofcourse hasn’t been announced yet. But he’s already got the dual role, he’s 35. He’s running on adrenaline at the minute and Kuol is getting better by the day right now. He can’t block kuol’s path much longer. I anticipate Kuol/Urena being the starting pair from here on out. And unless one gets injured or Urena doesn’t start scoring as he gets fitter then matty will start.
The club has helped alou settle on the coast perfectly and is looking after him, Monty signed his brother purely based on Alou’s word. He loves the coast.
If this is Matt's last season and I think you may be right then what a way to go out. I agree on Kuol and I feel he will show some loyalty, if he was looking to get out quick why bring your Brother on board.

I understand why people may be a bit apprehensive however not only do we seem to have changed on the field however off the field you can see the club is also making gains and heading in the right direction so I'm now feeling more confident that they will handle player retention etc better than the last 5 years.

Huddo

This is matty’s final season, ofcourse hasn’t been announced yet. But he’s already got the dual role, he’s 35. He’s running on adrenaline at the minute and Kuol is getting better by the day right now. He can’t block kuol’s path much longer. I anticipate Kuol/Urena being the starting pair from here on out. And unless one gets injured or Urena doesn't start scoring as he gets fitter then matty will start.

Agree with most of what you said, but Urena was never bought in to be a goal scorer (though goals are a massive positive).
He was brought in for his sustained pressure, and his abilities to assist, e.g the Simons 1-2 vs MC. He's never been a goal scorer, and if he becomes one here great but that not what we got him for.

Michael

Agree with most of what you said, but Urena was never bought in to be a goal scorer (though goals are a massive positive).
He was brought in for his sustained pressure, and his abilities to assist, e.g the Simons 1-2 vs MC. He's never been a goal scorer, and if he becomes one here great but that not what we got him for.

he’s an out and out striker. You pay and sign strikers to score goals. Not to sustain pressure and anyway, at the moment due to his fitness... he doesn’t sustain pressure on defenders.

Huddo

Berisha and Fornaroli didn't have that record prior to coming to the A-League either.

Fornaroli's record for Nacional was 1 in 2 (19 in 38)
Besarts record for Horsens was 1 in 3 (15 in 45)
Urena has a record of 1 in 5 ( 5 in 25) for San Jose.
The first two have shown form in there careers of scoring goals (not to mention Besarts unsettling nature), Urena never has.
the Mariners would never have paid for something that never existed.

Last edited:

finally retired

The first two have shown form in there careers of scoring goals (not to mention Besarts unsettling nature), Urena never has.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

priorpeter

If you want to cherry pick the stats, might have been more relevant looking at Urena’s most recent spell at Alajuelense, where his record was 1 in 3. Alternatively, you could look at Fornaoli’s spells at Sampdoria or Panathinaikos (0 in 11 and 17 respectively), or Berisha’s time at Bielefeld (2 in 28).

Huddo

If you want to cherry pick the stats, might have been more relevant looking at Urena’s most recent spell at Alajuelense, where his record was 1 in 3. Alternatively, you could look at Fornaoli’s spells at Sampdoria or Panathinaikos (0 in 11 and 17 respectively), or Berisha’s time at Bielefeld (2 in 28).
It's not cherry picking, it's acknowledgement of past performance. Not all players perform in all league's, but you do look at previous performance and make a calculated risk, and form has existed in one way or another for the 2 mentioned.
But you are right I over looked his record at alajuelenese (honest oversight).
Where his record was 22 in 99 (or around a 1 in 4.5). Still a long way off 1 in 3.

priorpeter

It's not cherry picking, it's acknowledgement of past performance. Not all players perform in all league's, but you do look at previous performance and make a calculated risk, and form has existed in one way or another for the 2 mentioned.
But you are right I over looked his record at alajuelenese (honest oversight).
Where his record was 22 in 99 (or around a 1 in 4.5). Still a long way off 1 in 3.
Picking one or two seasons out of their entire career seems like cherry picking to me but hey we’ll just have to agree to disagree there. And as I said, Urena’s most recent spell at Alajuelenese (which was also more recent than his time at San Jose) netted him 12 in 40 - not all that far off 1 in 3. And yes, that’s me cherry picking :piralaugh:

Last edited:

pinklady

Picking one or two seasons out of their entire career seems like cherry picking to me but hey we’ll just have to agree to disagree there. And as I said, Urena’s most recent spell at Alajuelenese (which was also more recent than his time at San Jose) netted him 12 in 40 - not all that far off 1 in 3. And yes, that’s me cherry picking :piralaugh:
I commented on this when we signed him. Without "cherry-picking" my observation was that he had a good goalscoring record when playing in Costa Rica and for the Costa Rican National team. His record playing in Russia, Denmark, USA and Korea isn't as good - in fact pretty poor (1 goal every 10 games). That could be for any number of reasons - football, culture, climate, personal. Lets hope that he likes and adapts to all of these here because I think his ability, experience and style will benefit and complement Matty, Alou, Janota, Boumann and De Silva.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami