• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Michael

Staj sees them train and doesn't pick him. Says volumes
I don’t buy that, you’re intimating that he’s a shit trainer. Anytime he’s been on the pitch for 5 minutes he gets stuck in and demands the ball and does everything to be positive. Countless times we’ve lacked genuine creativity in crucial moments of big games and the shit scrappy game against victory and the jets. The fools that say Urena is a number 10 are kidding themselves. Janota was the key we’ve missed in those moments and I believe Staj has gotten it wrong with him. Just as he’s gotten it wrong by using the exact tactic and formation the entire season never a hint of slight tweaks or freshen ups and it so very nearly brought the early season brilliance to a depressing end. Staj has worked a miracle and I love him for it but FFS he nearly shot himself in the foot. Miller has been sensational when coming off the bench because Nigro is so obviously burnt out, why not just start Miller? Start alou to give matty a rest, start Janota to give niz or Stens a rest. Play with a CAM to create better and more chances etc.

Ancient Mariner

Janota hasn’t been given a run of games to prove anything and if his training level has dropped off then that a lot of the time is a sign the player has cracked it for feeling like his manager never trusted him, happens even in grass roots. It’s a crying shame. And has turned out to be a waste of vital visa money. And let’s not get started on the Serbian lad.
Whilst I do like Urena a lot, I see SO many holes in his game. Yes he will provide one maybe two big passes for a clear chance maybe. But how many times does he so softly give away the ball? Look super unsure of his own touch and just plain loose in controlling the ball, stray passes when they’re simple, under hit passes, needless flick ons. I find myself more often frustrated than wowed by him. He should be in double figures for goals in all honesty. Imo he’s slightly over hyped by the commentators each game, they basically put him at the ninkovic/diamanti level and he’s just not that. Yeah he is good but he could be more influential when our attack is getting stale like it has been ALOT recently. He should be the X factor since we don’t have that coming from a goal scoring midfielder (which Janota could’ve been given a genuine chance)
Mate, I must agree. Urena is not a patch on Lionel Messi.

Corsair

I'm not a Janota fan, however his passing in the scum game was very high quality and showed him reading the game well. Even though the match was a shit show i thought it was the best I've seen him play this season.

Ozhammer

I'm not a Janota fan, however his passing in the scum game was very high quality and showed him reading the game well. Even though the match was a shit show i thought it was the best I've seen him play this season.
Shame about his free kick in the dying stages though

Wombat

I don’t buy that, you’re intimating that he’s a shit trainer. Anytime he’s been on the pitch for 5 minutes he gets stuck in and demands the ball and does everything to be positive. Countless times we’ve lacked genuine creativity in crucial moments of big games and the shit scrappy game against victory and the jets. The fools that say Urena is a number 10 are kidding themselves. Janota was the key we’ve missed in those moments and I believe Staj has gotten it wrong with him. Just as he’s gotten it wrong by using the exact tactic and formation the entire season never a hint of slight tweaks or freshen ups and it so very nearly brought the early season brilliance to a depressing end. Staj has worked a miracle and I love him for it but FFS he nearly shot himself in the foot. Miller has been sensational when coming off the bench because Nigro is so obviously burnt out, why not just start Miller? Start alou to give matty a rest, start Janota to give niz or Stens a rest. Play with a CAM to create better and more chances etc.

He did start Janota recently and he was decidedly average in that game but I get your point. I think the problem is Janota is a bit of a plodder athletically so doesn't fit with what Staj is trying to do. He has favoured Bouman in Janota's spot but that hasn't worked either.

booney

Janota hasn’t been given a run of games to prove anything and if his training level has dropped off then that a lot of the time is a sign the player has cracked it for feeling like his manager never trusted him, happens even in grass roots. It’s a crying shame. And has turned out to be a waste of vital visa money. And let’s not get started on the Serbian lad.
Whilst I do like Urena a lot, I see SO many holes in his game. Yes he will provide one maybe two big passes for a clear chance maybe. But how many times does he so softly give away the ball? Look super unsure of his own touch and just plain loose in controlling the ball, stray passes when they’re simple, under hit passes, needless flick ons. I find myself more often frustrated than wowed by him. He should be in double figures for goals in all honesty. Imo he’s slightly over hyped by the commentators each game, they basically put him at the ninkovic/diamanti level and he’s just not that. Yeah he is good but he could be more influential when our attack is getting stale like it has been ALOT recently. He should be the X factor since we don’t have that coming from a goal scoring midfielder (which Janota could’ve been given a genuine chance)
Your comments are correct regarding some of Urena's passes ,flick ons to no one ,etc but he has played with players in other leagues who understand his style and can anticipate his moves.He may do a lot of things in a match which result in turnovers but he also can do those unpredictable manoeuvres which catch opponents out.He is not as consistent as Ninko,Diamanti,Castro or Davila but they too try things which don't always come off but when they do look brilliant and often result in goals.

I would like to see Janota and Urena start together especially if DDS is not available to see how they gel.Rest Simon and use Bouman as an out and out striker and use Kuol as a replacement or Simon if he is on the bench.Our attack is too predictable and if we are to progress in the finals we need to change things up.

Ads

It’s an interesting topic for sure.

This years competition is fast and furious and do you fight fire with fire, or try for skill and experience.

Melbourne City have had the best balance and probably their biggest coup is very effective wingers issuing the width of the pitch and then turning in sharp and putting it on a platter for the forwards.

We lack width and and our wide men often get blocked and forced to bring it back into centre or back because as mentioned other teams are pushing to 5 midfields to block our passing and channels.

So!

If the results fall our way before Saturday do we try something different the week before the finals?
With great risk comes great rewards.

Miller——Hall——Rowles——Clisby
Niz——Stens—-Olli——Janota—-DDS
——————-Urena————————

Nigro——Hall——-Rowles——Clisby
Miller—--Stens——Olli———Nisbit
——————Urena———————
—————Boumann——————

Janota for Urena
Simon for Boumann

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
He did start Janota recently and he was decidedly average in that game but I get your point. I think the problem is Janota is a bit of a plodder athletically so doesn't fit with what Staj is trying to do. He has favoured Bouman in Janota's spot but that hasn't worked either.
Janota started against the Welligong FireWolves in Welligong methinks , I know I thought he had a good hit out at that game …but then I might be byast , I think his a bit good regardless

Ironbark

Janota is clearly a very good player and technically one of our best. Maybe he hasn't fit the bust your gut culture we took onto the field this year, and I think why he hasn't synced.

Both Janota and Urena have vision and skill a cut above the rest of the team and many passes that seem wayward can at lease sometimes be chalked off as the teammates not reading the play to the same level. Plus lack of game time in the year before, new league, battler team etc etc

I think both players could be great for us next season if we rebuild and set up to include them. With so much turnover it's an opportunity to choose and develop a structure based on players, and vice versa targeted recruitment. I don't think Janota would be included in Staj's plans that way judging on his lack of general inclusion this season.

In theory it's still a covid world and there should still be some bargains out there for good players who want a nice and safe place to ply their trade with their families.

In reality our spend will be dependent on MC's priorities and the likelihood of a sale actually happening.

It's more likely than not we have a mediocre season ahead of us, but it's been great to restore our pride and dignity first. There is hope.

turbo

Seems Mcarthur have signed Craig Noone... let's hope the rumors of them poaching DDS are not true....

Signs that Macarthur are building a more attacking lineup, will they be able to move away from the current negative style?

shipwreck

Is the salary cap a thing anymore? Those 3 would be over a million easily. That leaves 1.5 million for 20 something more players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred