• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

pjennings

. i thought it was 1 spot for the premiership, half a spot for runner up and half a spot for the cup. nothing for the GF winner

. but i'm too grumpy at the moment to look
I've had a look tonight and according to Micallef

FFA Cup winner - full spot - our only chance now.
1st qualifier - 1st on the ladder - Melbourne City
2nd qualifier - seems to be second on the ladder - Sydney

priorpeter

Could be wrong here, but I thought the Roma money ended last season? Their option on him definitely did.
In any case, plenty of clubs in the AL much more flush for cash than us that will offer what he thinks he’s worth.
Probably got okunt in his ear advising him to go to that plastic f**king curriculum wasteland tbh.

Michael

God I hate signings for next season being announced during the current season. Absolutely f**ks with my chi. Let the pain start in the off season so I can wholeheartedly support the players in my bloody team.
It’s annoying but we’re in that 6month window where players can freely talk to other clubs.
It’s better than the shambles of the NRL where players sign for another club for the next season before the current season starts. Laughable

Ironbark

To be honest we had very few players contracted past this season and after sitting on top of the table for so long many of our off contract players were always going to be targeted for higher offers than we can give them.
The two sides of the successful season coin.

Unfortunately there is no way around it, next seasons squad will look very different.

Staj going would be the biggest blow. Ollie would be the next biggest but he'll be here. Urena, I think, too will stay.

I'd want Rowles, Ruon, Nizz, Stens, Ollie, Hall and Urena to be locked down firmly.
Happy to keep Bouman, DDS (unlikely), and some of our cheaper subs (Miller, Smylie et al.).

We NEED to improve on our fullback/wing situation, but I don't see it happening.

Michael

These rumours now coming out about Staj tells me that there’s no concrete offer to buy the club which is more terrifying than the coach or players leaving for me.
he’s probably been told he can’t offer off contract players that deserve a reward for their efforts this season, more money. These players are now in a position to demand more money and frustratingly you can’t hold that against them.

aside from that, my biggest gripe is why Janota has been used so sparingly whilst so obviously being in the top calibre of technical players in the league.

Ozhammer

aside from that, my biggest gripe is why Janota has been used so sparingly whilst so obviously being in the top calibre of technical players in the league.
He probably answered that question himself last night I would suggest. Whereas Marco has shown why he should play each week, Janota has simply failed to do likewise imho.

Some of the stuff he did last night was very poor from a visa player tbh, although he was far from alone in having a poor night at the office.

Ozhammer

Not sure I buy into the Staj leaving conspiracy theory but I have noted him raising the issue of our lack of resources in his last few pressers, so that might speak to an underlying issue?

Big Al

Roma money runs out this month. No way will we pay him what he believes he is worth - just hope Staj has the balls never to play him again.
No way. We are owed some decent playing time. He’s only put in for this season so let’s get the last drop of blood out of his toe before his bro packs his bags again.

Our team is shit without him and looks like it will be worse next year. Play him into the ground and get what we can while we can.

He was never going to stay past the contract and it is no surprise in a contract year he’s been decent

Forum Phoenix

Not sure I buy into the Staj leaving conspiracy theory but I have noted him raising the issue of our lack of resources in his last few pressers, so that might speak to an underlying issue?
Yeah he has, I’m hoping it’s just Staj making the necessary point to bring a shade of perspective to annoying journos and highlight (deservedly) that he’s worked a near miracle that speaks volumes about his ability,

pjennings

Yeah he has, I’m hoping it’s just Staj making the necessary point to bring a shade of perspective to annoying journos and highlight (deservedly) that he’s worked a near miracle that speaks volumes about his ability,
It's also not new. He has been making the same point throughout the season.

Michael

He probably answered that question himself last night I would suggest. Whereas Marco has shown why he should play each week, Janota has simply failed to do likewise imho.

Some of the stuff he did last night was very poor from a visa player tbh, although he was far from alone in having a poor night at the office.

Janota hasn’t been given a run of games to prove anything and if his training level has dropped off then that a lot of the time is a sign the player has cracked it for feeling like his manager never trusted him, happens even in grass roots. It’s a crying shame. And has turned out to be a waste of vital visa money. And let’s not get started on the Serbian lad.
Whilst I do like Urena a lot, I see SO many holes in his game. Yes he will provide one maybe two big passes for a clear chance maybe. But how many times does he so softly give away the ball? Look super unsure of his own touch and just plain loose in controlling the ball, stray passes when they’re simple, under hit passes, needless flick ons. I find myself more often frustrated than wowed by him. He should be in double figures for goals in all honesty. Imo he’s slightly over hyped by the commentators each game, they basically put him at the ninkovic/diamanti level and he’s just not that. Yeah he is good but he could be more influential when our attack is getting stale like it has been ALOT recently. He should be the X factor since we don’t have that coming from a goal scoring midfielder (which Janota could’ve been given a genuine chance)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred