• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

booney

If the offer is right for the club by all means let him go to Europe.Always a risk for a young player but from what I have seen the Aussie African boys in the A-league -Kuol,Tongyik,Kamsoba,Yenghi,Kamau,Yeboah and the Toure brothers-are very confident in their abilities.Perhaps things that happened when they were young have given them resilience and strong characters so they can cope.

Look how well Mabil has gone in Denmark so Kuol should use him as a good example if the move comes off.

pjennings

Best case for us is sale and immediately returned for another season or 2 to us on loan
This so much - though I think Alou would be keen to prove himself at a higher level. I'm not sure what is best for him and hope he considers his options carefully. Stuttgart play a relatively young side so if he can prove himself he may get some game time.

BaysideMariner

A-League’s brightest young star Alou Kuol of Central Coast Mariners poached by Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart (smh.com.au) More information in this article

The Mariners signed him to a senior contract this season, which will net them a six-figure transfer fee if the Stuttgart deal goes through - although the real money for the club will come through sell-on clauses, entitling them to a slice of any future fees.

“We extended Alou’s contract a few weeks back, so he’s with us for next season,” Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said. “Whilst there’s interest, that’s exciting - it’d be great if all our players can get as much interest to go to Europe, and we’ll see how things play out towards the end of the season.”

Pirate Pete

A-League’s brightest young star Alou Kuol of Central Coast Mariners poached by Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart (smh.com.au) More information in this article

The Mariners signed him to a senior contract this season, which will net them a six-figure transfer fee if the Stuttgart deal goes through - although the real money for the club will come through sell-on clauses, entitling them to a slice of any future fees.

“We extended Alou’s contract a few weeks back, so he’s with us for next season,” Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said. “Whilst there’s interest, that’s exciting - it’d be great if all our players can get as much interest to go to Europe, and we’ll see how things play out towards the end of the season.”
I must admit I don't know much about German football.
But I'm a bit surprised by the article saying..... Stuttgart have a reputation as a leading development club in Europe.
I thought Dortmund were the "moneyball" team in Germany.

Having said I don't know much about German football.
North Macedonia.....
icon_lol.gif

And not really related to the Mariners, but I see Sheffield Utd are looking for a new coach.
Alexander Blessin
United owner Prince Abdullah is believed to be looking for a young coach with fresh ideas and has been attracted by Blessin's work with young players and his ability to operate on a budget at Oostende.

So a young coach able to work within a budget and with young players. Sign Staj up now.

Insertnamehere

Too soon for Alou to go. It almost always ends in failure when they've haven't even cracked the full first xi.
Matty will probs step or retire end of this season and Alou could easily start every game next season. Go after that

Big Al

I must admit I don't know much about German football.
But I'm a bit surprised by the article saying..... Stuttgart have a reputation as a leading development club in Europe.
I thought Dortmund were the "moneyball" team in Germany.

Having said I don't know much about German football.
North Macedonia.....
icon_lol.gif

And not really related to the Mariners, but I see Sheffield Utd are looking for a new coach.
Alexander Blessin
United owner Prince Abdullah is believed to be looking for a young coach with fresh ideas and has been attracted by Blessin's work with young players and his ability to operate on a budget at Oostende.

So a young coach able to work within a budget and with young players. Sign Staj up now.
The guy who found all the stars for dortmund is now at Stutgart. However they seem to be more of the cheaper younger moneyball than Dortmund

Big Al

For me if you don’t make it in Europe by 24 it’s a lot harder. I think Aaron Mooy was the exception to the rule but even he had already been once.

I think he needs to go and if he doesn’t make it at least he had a crack. He will only know once he is there. Every time someone has given him ago he has taken his opportunity.

Tevor

If I recall reading about Kuol a while ago it was quite a big step moving from Vic to the coast so a move to Germany must be blowing his mind. I just hope he gets good advice and if he goes on a journey I’ll be happy to follow his progress and wish him the best. He has been a breath of fresh air this year.

Insertnamehere

For me if you don’t make it in Europe by 24 it’s a lot harder. I think Aaron Mooy was the exception to the rule but even he had already been once.

I think he needs to go and if he doesn’t make it at least he had a crack. He will only know once he is there. Every time someone has given him ago he has taken his opportunity.
He's 19. If he goes at 21 he's still 3 years short of your benchmark.

Insertnamehere

Yeah i get the point but I think he’ll need 2 or 3 years to adjust and learn. Look I won’t complain if he stays here but I just think back yourself and see what happens
The record for guys going overseas when not a regular starter vs those that are is pretty stark. Mostly they fail
Leckie may be the only really successful one I can think of.

Big Al

The record for guys going overseas when not a regular starter vs those that are is pretty stark. Mostly they fail
Leckie may be the only really successful one I can think of.
Yes this true in an A League eara but about the golden generation and prior who went and stuck it out.
It comes down to many factors but skillis a big one especially as you say they are all skilled over there.
Time will tell and there’s a good chance your right but at least we will know

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb