• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Ironbark

We are a heavily depleted side with a core of youth on the books, mainly. Quality youth thankfully.

It's a signing by signing judgement for me now as every one counts. In the past we'd be loading up on squad filler with the odd decent player.
Announcements have been few thus far but at least I/we have been happy with each one. On the evidence so far signings are occuring with careful consideration and planning.
May it continue.

turbo

Agree 100%. Still missing a prolific, experienced striker and an older, dominant centre back as a bare, bare minimum.
I totally agree with this but not so much this
and lost plenty of quality as well as a heap of experience.
Kim was a loss but we never saw the best of him. Fox had a handful of good games and there should be no issues recruiting at least an equivalent if not better player. Duric was the big loss but he wasn’t the player he was from the start of the season and I’d be very nervous pinning my hopes on him being 100%.
We also cut a bunch of dead wood or under performing players that put pressure on our spending. We are one of the few clubs that the cap changes shouldn’t hit as hard because we had that fat to work with.

Each year we only have 1 or 2 players that would make the starting squad of another team.

would you say we have 2 now in Olly and Birraz? If we fill those two core roles we’ll that could easily be 4, Ziggy has the potential to make that list too.

pinklady

Anyone know results of trial game today?
Defeated Edgeworth 4-2. Comfortably up 4-0 - mistakes by Miller and Hatch led to 2 goals in 10 minutes. Clisby , Hall and DDS didn't play due to niggling injuries. Quite a few of the youth boys played - unfortunately none of them (including the ones that have been signed on scholarships) look anywhere near A League standard. That could be because they've just come off the back of a very successful season where they have played to win and get results not develop as professional players, so there is still hope that the potential that is there will come through. Boumann played up front with Simon - and yes as a striker he makes a very good 10. Nisbet played further forward and scored and got an assist. Olly played a lot deeper than I would've thought he would.

pjennings

Ziggy's tweet supporting memberships going on sale strongly suggests he is coming back "I urge every football fan on the coast to support your local team and WE will prosper together" Capitals for emphasis were his not mine.

If so we have 12 signed, 2 more likely in Matty and Ziggy giving 14 with only 1 visa spot used. Min squad size is 18.

I assume you are right there. The next few signings will likely by the announcements of youth players. We may pick up some players from other A League clubs as they try to fit the 2.1M cap. Other than that I think any OS signings will be after the season has started.

We probably need another quality CB and striker and I wouldn't mind upgraded wingers as well.

Coastalraider

He’s a 10. We intend on playing him as a 10. No idea why that ‘journalist’ on Twitter/FTBL keeps insisting he’s Murray’s replacement, when even the media release he was sent by the club described him as an attacking midfielder.
I’d love that. And I’d love us to sign a striker.

but he played up front with Matty today.

turbo

Other than that I think any OS signings will be after the season has started.

We probably need another quality CB and striker and I wouldn't mind upgraded wingers as well.

I think you’re right about the visa players likely being in January/Feb. The league is in a weird place with timing and we didn’t have certainty with the cap or owner to do business earlier in the year when we normally would.

Also hope we get a visa CB and striker. We really need those to be competitive and haven’t had either for a long time. I’d say snake up front and Baro were the last two we had at the required level respectively.

FFC Mariner

He’s a 10. He has been signed as a 10. No idea why that ‘journalist’ on Twitter/FTBL keeps insisting he’s Murray’s replacement, when even the media release he was sent by the club described him as an attacking midfielder.
FTBL is effectively bloggers site - most of it is pure rubbish.

Nizzy is also an AM naturally - can play 10 too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred