• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

turbo

I thought that might have happened too but even with a cut I'd imagine he is on more than he would get elsewhere otherwise he might have gone to ISL or something. If he's still here at this point he's likely staying. Are Roma still covering a big chunk of his wages or is that done now?

Wombat

"if a Mariner signs in the forest, and the World Game isn't around to watch him sign, did he really sign?"

Is this the right thread to talk about how pathetic and out of touch The World Game has become at covering Australian football?

SBS are Dogs. Since the great Les left them they have wallowed in the gutter.

Last edited:

Wombat

I'd argue it wasn't niz but our coaches... I saw 15min of his first preseason and would have started him

Mulvey gave him his first start and tbh he looked out of his depth. But as everyone knew he is quality and slowly he is starting to shine.

Now we have Olly.......for my Money Stens drops to the bench and Niz starts, unless we sign an international.

Insertnamehere

Mulvey gave him his first start and tbh he looked out of his depth. But as everyone knew he is quality and slowly he is starting to shine.

Now we have Olly.......for my Money Stens drops to the bench and Niz starts, unless we sign an international.
Absolutely disagree he looked out of his depth

Pirate Pete

And the answer is: Daniel Bouman!

Looks like an interesting and potentially decent pick up, especially given his Dutch schooling in the game, so hopefully he can add a bit more punch in the front third for us.

Anyone know where the trial game against Edgeworth that Staj mentions being played tomorrow will take place?
CCS had goals up & pitch marked out yesterday. Something is on now.

Tevor

I’ll reserve my judgement until I see him play but all our attacking hopes are resting on a 22 year olds shoulders. We wouldn’t have accepted that previously so our expectations are so low now. Seems like a promising young player but we will be putting a lot of pressure on him and still with no quality strikers on the books. Fair enough we now have Olly but who is going to score the goals we will need to cover the leaky defence. I’m not as optimistic as some and feel our only goal is not to spoon again which we will probably still be competing for.

marinermick

I’ll reserve my judgement until I see him play but all our attacking hopes are resting on a 22 year olds shoulders. We wouldn’t have accepted that previously so our expectations are so low now. Seems like a promising young player but we will be putting a lot of pressure on him and still with no quality strikers on the books. Fair enough we now have Olly but who is going to score the goals we will need to cover the leaky defence. I’m not as optimistic as some and feel our only goal is not to spoon again which we will probably still be competing for.

Agree 100%. Still missing a prolific, experienced striker and an older, dominant centre back as a bare, bare minimum.

We came last by a long way and lost plenty of quality as well as a heap of experience. The gap to even be not fighting for the spoon is massive and we have come no where near bridging that gap by signing Ollie and this boy.

Our only saving grace may be the weakening of other teams.

Ads

There is lots of great things that may eventuate in the background but I also feel it will be a difficult slog this year.

Loosing Dylan Fox who really stood up in those last few games got us over the line from a narrow loss to a draw or win scenario.
Directing and yelling the backline as well as Nizzy of-course who managed not to give the ball away every 2 seconds in dangerous positions.

We do have an advantage in that along with Sydney and maybe 1/2 others that we still have a similar core and style that can be transferred from last year where we finished well and more competitive it is likely that we have a better chance at starting with more wins or draws this season.

But looking at each squad side by side we are still very outgunned in almost every position so far.

Each year we only have 1 or 2 players that would make the starting squad of another team. It would very nice if by the middle to end of the coming season we could finally say we have 4 to 6 players that could take a position off a respective team.

And although we ended strong we need to use the width and maybe give Miller a chance further up the pitch to really create chances and unsettle other teams which is something we have really lacked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred