• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

FFC Mariner

Most of the posters on here are better than Clisby. Hatch may not be the real deal yet but he shits all over him.

I think we need a real, AL left back, a strong experienced CB and a genuine 10 goals a season striker. The youngsters are great but we need an experienced quality spine around them.

When we had the so called "golden generation" we had Rosey, Pedj, Sterj, Patrick and McBreen as well.

midfielder

Diaz hasn't been seen since the end of the season. He hasn't trained and isn't part of the players group. He refused to play NPL (Monty didn't want him anyway and wouldn't play him unless he was directed to) He was offered an extension of his scholarship but turned it down - obviously hoping for a full contract especially seeing Muzz was leaving. He could well be waiting for that offer to materialise before signing. One of the Youth team has been offered a scholarship but hasn't accepted it as yet as he too is holding out for a full contract.
Pink lady any updates also any idea re Monty and not wanting him

FFC Mariner

DRD wouldn't have added to Montys side and it doesn't look like he has the attitude he wants.
Another Patafka, DDS in the making perhaps? All the talent in the world gone to waste eventually

pinklady

Pink lady any updates also any idea re Monty and not wanting him
At the moment we have Kuol and Hatch announced on scholarships. There are two more from the Youth team who have been signed (not finalised yet) - one on a scholarship who will be loaned out overseas and one on a full contract. With Bouman signed as a 10 with also the potential to play DDS, Bozanic or Nizzy in that role, 2 strikers so far on scholarship deals and Matty to re-sign on a reduced role, I can't see there being any room for DRD. As far as Monty is concerned I think it is a combination of his attitude and his style of play. DRD is a creative player and Monty plays a very direct style.

priorpeter

Dan Hall just announced on a senior deal. Huge, and just reward for an exceptional couple of seasons in the Academy & NYL setup.

pinklady

At the moment we have Kuol and Hatch announced on scholarships. There are two more from the Youth team who have been signed (not finalised yet) - one on a scholarship who will be loaned out overseas and one on a full contract. With Bouman signed as a 10 with also the potential to play DDS, Bozanic or Nizzy in that role, 2 strikers so far on scholarship deals and Matty to re-sign on a reduced role, I can't see there being any room for DRD. As far as Monty is concerned I think it is a combination of his attitude and his style of play. DRD is a creative player and Monty plays a very direct style.
With Dan Hall being announced thats the full contract one I mentioned above. At least one that I know of still to be finalised.

Corsair

I can't see there being any room for DRD
This club amazes me.

2019/2020:
Our best player scored 5 goals (Duric) in 26 appearances.

Our "seasoned striker" scored 4, mostly off penalties from memory

Our 2 other strikers that had way more game time (Murray and Harold) have left or retired in disgust.

Diaz scores 2 putting him equal 3rd top scorer in only 6 appearances and we kick him to the kurb.

He should be an arrogant selfish little prick, they seem to score the most goals. Let's put some nice guys up there that don't score instead.

P.S. DDS - 24 appearances = 1 goal.

midfielder

^^^^

Feel the same way ... in the games I saw he ran his arse off as well its not like sat back and waited for others...

I always had him in my side ...

turbo

and we kick him to the kurb.
Who said anything about kicking him? if his expectations aren't realistic or he thinks he's too good for us now that's not on the club. They also can't wait forever for him to make a decision or shop himself around. IMO with the squad we have announced we need a 1st choice striker, experienced CB and probably some wide attackers. There could still be room for him if he fits our needs and at a realistic price, probably senior minimum wage but if he thinks he's above that with a handful of games then maybe he needs a market value reality check.

Keepers Birraz, Pearce
Defenders Ziggy (likely), Rowles, Clisby, Tongyik, Hall, Miller, Hatch
Mids Nisbet, Olly, DDS, Stensness, Bouman (maybe a forward depending on setup)
Forwards Simon (likely), Koul

Seems like the backline is pretty much sorted although I would like a CB leader. Midfield needs a little more depth but is close. Forwards need to be addressed. 16 announced/known players and I'd imagine we're likely to see 18-20 in the squad.

Maybe I'm crazy but 3-5-2 is starting to fit who we have lined up more and more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred