• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

FFC Mariner

And that's another Wooden spoon........100%.

Need a starting CB and LB. (Rowles can also play LB) Ziggy can play RB.

DDS as a winger is interesting.

Diaz as our starting CF is f**king alarming
Agree. That side would get flogged at NSWPL level.

pinklady

If Ziggy comes back and we get another senior CB I think that’s the most we can hope for. The reduced cap and our own funding issues (new owner not done yet) mean we can’t just recruit a whole new line. But I think having someone come in to lead the line will help with some of the issues that caught us out previously. Clisby has improved at the back end of the season too. If Ziggy doesn’t come back I’d be trying to lure Galloway away from City to get more game time.

I believe the club already had a replacement for Muzz lined up and I’d be very surprised if it’s Diaz. I hope we do re-sign him but it can’t be as a regular starting player. Consistently getting 20-30 minutes is the next logical step if we have kept him.
Diaz hasn't been seen since the end of the season. He hasn't trained and isn't part of the players group. He refused to play NPL (Monty didn't want him anyway and wouldn't play him unless he was directed to) He was offered an extension of his scholarship but turned it down - obviously hoping for a full contract especially seeing Muzz was leaving. He could well be waiting for that offer to materialise before signing. One of the Youth team has been offered a scholarship but hasn't accepted it as yet as he too is holding out for a full contract.

pjennings

I agree. We looked a different team whenever he came on. He has a plan, quickly moves the ball forward so teams soon get the chance to settle their defence, no wasted passes, dynamic, determined, smart, excellent. Allowed us to dictate play.

I also think that is very important defensively. When he was not in the team we were dithering in our own half, would lose the ball and then be immediately under the pump. When Nizzy was on he moved the ball forward and released the pressure. That immediately makes your backline look better. Throw in Olly next to him and a decent #10 and the midfield looks much better.

I would still like another quality CB but we also need to score goals and I suspect a lot more of the spending will come at that end of the field. We haven't had a prolific scorer since Danny won the Golden Boot.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Diaz hasn't been seen since the end of the season. He hasn't trained and isn't part of the players group. He refused to play NPL (Monty didn't want him anyway and wouldn't play him unless he was directed to) He was offered an extension of his scholarship but turned it down - obviously hoping for a full contract especially seeing Muzz was leaving. He could well be waiting for that offer to materialise before signing. One of the Youth team has been offered a scholarship but hasn't accepted it as yet as he too is holding out for a full contract.
didn't know any of that...

midfielder

Thats interesting as I rated him... and had him down a regular bench player with lots of off the bench starts..

Michael

this was my concern about his attitude.
he’s currently training by himself in the gym and doing sessions with a couple mates each morning. He still needs to prove himself but that last game I now fear has gone to his head as he got a bit of media, I got to know him a little during last season and he seemed very switched on and feet on the ground. Seems to have changed. So I can see why Monty didn’t want him and you can’t argue after how the youth strikers went.
I do hope we get him back though

Ironbark

Attitude counts for so much. I'll leave out names but at the time that boy Trent came through there was another player he went to school with who was arguably a much better player. Attitude stunk, pretty arrogant. I know for a fact both CCM and Syd had a look at him but his character description from his various coaches and those in the Academy hierarchy who knew him meant he now still plays club football.
Talent only gets you so far. You need to be coachable and a team player too.

Ironbark

I hope what I'm hearing about Diaz turns out to be wrong. He's raw and not a starter - but has potential to be developed and I was excited to see him grow and impress.

If his attitude is as bad as implied I'm happy to leave it there though. Culture is everything in a club like this.

Ted Lasso is a fantastic show if you haven't watched. American gridiron coach takes over an EPL club (the owner wants to tank the club). He knows little about football but all about restoring culture he gets the culture up to the Mariners glory days level and they take off. Funny too.

Insertnamehere

this was my concern about his attitude.
he’s currently training by himself in the gym and doing sessions with a couple mates each morning. He still needs to prove himself but that last game I now fear has gone to his head as he got a bit of media, I got to know him a little during last season and he seemed very switched on and feet on the ground. Seems to have changed. So I can see why Monty didn’t want him and you can’t argue after how the youth strikers went.
I do hope we get him back though
You wonder how a 17/18/19 yo becomes a prima donna playing a handful of games. Frankly if this is true its not a player for us. That's not the mentality of the club or what the region wants for the team.
And if Monty cant get through to them I'm happy to see them walk.

turbo

You wonder how a 17/18/19 yo becomes a prima donna playing a handful of games. Frankly if this is true its not a player for us. That's not the mentality of the club or what the region wants for the team.
And if Monty cant get through to them I'm happy to see them walk.
To get to this level they’ve probably been told they’re special often enough that it goes to their head in some cases. A bit of perspective goes a long way though, a bad decision can have a player rotting on the bench and setting them back years.

jacobsfl

To get to this level they’ve probably been told they’re special often enough that it goes to their head in some cases. A bit of perspective goes a long way though, a bad decision can have a player rotting on the bench and setting them back years.
DDS is a great example of this

shipwreck

I don't see how a kid who is just breaking into first teams in the a league can have an ego.... Confirm Kewell was playing in an Epl team before and capped for senior socceroos before he turned 18?

turbo

I don't see how a kid who is just breaking into first teams in the a league can have an ego.... Confirm Kewell was playing in an Epl team before and capped for senior socceroos before he turned 18?
Don’t have to be Kewell, at every level there are kids doing well that are humble and others that think they are hot shit, Local football, up to NPL, A league etc.. there will always be someone better but it doesn’t matter if you believe your own hype

pjennings

Attitude counts for so much. I'll leave out names but at the time that boy Trent came through there was another player he went to school with who was arguably a much better player. Attitude stunk, pretty arrogant. I know for a fact both CCM and Syd had a look at him but his character description from his various coaches and those in the Academy hierarchy who knew him meant he now still plays club football.
Talent only gets you so far. You need to be coachable and a team player too.

Talking about TBT and Bernie being unsettled at the scum I would love to steal both back. Trent will be playing second fiddle to an ALF replacement and Bernie will probably end up at WSW.

But we could make a real statement about playing Coast players (born and bred) or our academy players. That sort of connection shows youngsters that if you come to the CCM Academy and good enough you will get a go which can only serve to attract players. NB I am assuming Ziggy, Matty and the young #10 will be signed and that DRD has moved on. Some of the young players could be on scholarships as Kuol is now I believe.

------------------------Birighitti/Pearce---------------------------
Gordon/Miller-----New CB/Tongyk/Hall/Rowles-----Clisby/Hatch
-------------Bozanic/Stensness----Nisbet/ De Silva---------------------
---------------------- New AM/Bouman-----------------------------
Ibini/Simon---------------------------------------------New LW/Smylie?
-----------------------Buhagiar/Kuol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb