• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

style_cafe

We have too many other options now
Did I miss something?
What are the other options we now have?
Fox has gone and I don`t recall us signing another centre back.
Sure Dan Hall has to get a call up but he`s untested in A league and he was only playing NPL2.
He`s at least a year off a regular spot... :popcorn:

turbo

Did I miss something?
What are the other options we now have?
Fox has gone and I don`t recall us signing another centre back.
Sure Dan Hall has to get a call up but he`s untested in A league and he was only playing NPL2.
He`s at least a year off a regular spot... :popcorn:

We have Tongyik, Rowles, Miller and Clisby signed so far. Realistically I would suggest Clisby and either Rowles or Tongyik will start regularly. If Ziggy comes back he will probably start on the right again but can provide CB cover if needed. That leaves us with a senior CB to recruit to tie it all together, probably a Visa player. Hall could get a call up to cover if needed or just lock him up for the future.

IMO we have our depth players and need that 1 main senior signing and Aspro doesn’t provide that. Maybe I’m being wishful but im tempering it with being realistic about how the players we have now will be utilised. I’m also of the opinion that we probably didn’t get Birraz over the line with a pitch that put both Tongyik and Rowles in front of him.

Ads

Would be great to offload Tongyik and Clisby.
Swap for a fresh CB & LB and have Glassock or Hall as the understudy.

Or even give Rowles a chance at LB if he can improve his passing confidence in a forward direction.

I do like the fact that we finished the season stronger than previous seasons with 2/3 improving performances.

Will be interesting to see if Stens and Nizz hold starting positions after being a big part of the build last year and if Olly goes in-front of them.

Ads

If we had to field a side based on current situation or pending rumours would look something like this?

Miller——Ziggy——Rowles——Clisby
——-——Nizzy——-Stens—————
DDS—————Olly—————-New
———————Diaz———————-

Tongyik
Kuol
Simon
Pearce

Potentially:
Hall
Youth

turbo

Will be interesting to see if Stens and Nizz hold starting positions after being a big part of the build last year and if Olly goes in-front of them.

I would think only one of them will be able to hold a starting spot and TBH if we want to be competitive I dont think they’re ready to cover that space exclusively yet. Depending on formation I suspect DDS will find himself playing a bit wider this season.

Wombat

If we had to field a side based on current situation or pending rumours would look something like this?

Miller——Ziggy——Rowles——Clisby
——-——Nizzy——-Stens—————
DDS—————Olly—————-New
———————Diaz———————-

Tongyik
Kuol
Simon
Pearce

Potentially:
Hall
Youth

And that's another Wooden spoon........100%.

Need a starting CB and LB. (Rowles can also play LB) Ziggy can play RB.

DDS as a winger is interesting.

Diaz as our starting CF is f**king alarming

Corsair

I thought DDS had been announced as leaving...i hope we're not paying him much. Perennial underachiever.

I seem to be the only one excited to see more of Diaz...

Yorkshire Mariners FC

We have Tongyik, Rowles, Miller and Clisby signed so far. Realistically I would suggest Clisby and either Rowles or Tongyik will start regularly. If Ziggy comes back he will probably start on the right again but can provide CB cover if needed. That leaves us with a senior CB to recruit to tie it all together, probably a Visa player. Hall could get a call up to cover if needed or just lock him up for the future.

IMO we have our depth players and need that 1 main senior signing and Aspro doesn’t provide that. Maybe I’m being wishful but im tempering it with being realistic about how the players we have now will be utilised. I’m also of the opinion that we probably didn’t get Birraz over the line with a pitch that put both Tongyik and Rowles in front of him.
All hope I had built up for the season was gone when I read that defensive line! Defensive signings are a must!

turbo

All hope I had built up for the season was gone when I read that defensive line! Defensive signings are a must!
If Ziggy comes back and we get another senior CB I think that’s the most we can hope for. The reduced cap and our own funding issues (new owner not done yet) mean we can’t just recruit a whole new line. But I think having someone come in to lead the line will help with some of the issues that caught us out previously. Clisby has improved at the back end of the season too. If Ziggy doesn’t come back I’d be trying to lure Galloway away from City to get more game time.

Diaz as our starting CF is f**king alarming

I believe the club already had a replacement for Muzz lined up and I’d be very surprised if it’s Diaz. I hope we do re-sign him but it can’t be as a regular starting player. Consistently getting 20-30 minutes is the next logical step if we have kept him.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

If Ziggy comes back and we get another senior CB I think that’s the most we can hope for. The reduced cap and our own funding issues (new owner not done yet) mean we can’t just recruit a whole new line. But I think having someone come in to lead the line will help with some of the issues that caught us out previously. Clisby has improved at the back end of the season too. If Ziggy doesn’t come back I’d be trying to lure Galloway away from City to get more game time.

I believe the club already had a replacement for Muzz lined up and I’d be very surprised if it’s Diaz. I hope we do re-sign him but it can’t be as a regular starting player. Consistently getting 20-30 minutes is the next logical step if we have kept him.
Agreed we need a new CB (perhaps along with Ziggy). I liked Clisby to start with and I had hoped Rowles would have improved given the amount of game time he has had. They, along with the other names across that backline, are prone to make at least one howler a week that costs a penalty or silly goal. This means we have to score twice to have any hope of a win. We all know our clean sheet struggles. Its goals conceded v goals scored and sadly we have sucked at both. Let's hope Staj has a clear mandate to right the ship!

Melange

Nizzy must be a starter in midfield. For the last part of he provided the transition and go forward from the back to the forwards that has been lacking for so many years. He also showed he has the engine for 90 minutes.
I agree. We looked a different team whenever he came on. He has a plan, quickly moves the ball forward so teams soon get the chance to settle their defence, no wasted passes, dynamic, determined, smart, excellent. Allowed us to dictate play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred