• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

turbo

An odd pick up for them. Without any disrespect to Muzz he isn’t Maclaren. There have been a number of OK but not fantastic players being snapped up by the ISL. Some high quality ones too but quite a few OK players.

As for us I don’t think this is bad, we have Simon on the bench and some youth looking for minutes and Muzz sadly hasn’t been prolific for us to date. This means we can bring in a first choice striker and have options to pair him with or on the bench.

Michael

Will Jordan all the best. Nice we got a fee.
Anyone know where he’s going? I hope not India for his career sake, nice for his bank account though.

pjennings

An odd pick up for them. Without any disrespect to Muzz he isn’t Maclaren. There have been a number of OK but not fantastic players being snapped up by the ISL. Some high quality ones too but quite a few OK players.

As for us I don’t think this is bad, we have Simon on the bench and some youth looking for minutes and Muzz sadly hasn’t been prolific for us to date. This means we can bring in a first choice striker and have options to pair him with or on the bench.

That's what I was alluding to. I'm not sure that he is a lone striker - but I would have liked to have seen Muzz with a first choice striker beside him.

ashman89

Good on Murray for getting a gig in India at KBFC. What a bloke! He’ll partner Bakary Kone at the club if rumours are to be believed

Last edited:

finally retired

unfortunately...it seems he's injury prone.

"After his successful stint in 2015-2016, the following December he suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury. When we got relegated the first time and hoped he would play a part in our revival as a hungry and ambitious player in the championship, he suffered another major injury and was ruled for the season yet again mustering only 11 appearances. Then further down in League One, it happened a third time in March 2018. The pattern was never ending, he’d play a few games, suffer a major injury and that would be it."

perhaps fewer games a season might help him ?

pjennings

This is an old article from before all his injuries. If he is clear now it could be a good pickup. That said Reading has just passed on him.

Sunderland: Duncan Watmore like Gareth Bale - Jermain Defoe
Last updated on24 November 2015

Duncan Watmore

Duncan Watmore signed a new four-year deal earlier this month.
Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe has compared the emergence of team-mate Duncan Watmore to that of Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale.
Forward Watmore, 21, signed a new four-year deal earlier this week and has made six appearances this season.

Defoe previously played alongside Wales international Bale, 26, at Spurs.
"In a funny way he reminds me of Gareth. When he came on the scene at Tottenham, he used to just get the ball and glide," the 33-year-old said.
"He's such a nice boy, I don't think he's bothered about signing new contracts and stuff, all he wants to do is play football and do well for the club.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34910871

style_cafe

Interesting signing if we get him.
I`d say he`d have to have a stringent medical before we signed anything.

Obviously talented,he just needs to get here quickly so he can start preseason training asap.
Lots of swimming and beach running would help build up the strength too...:popcorn:

turbo

Interesting signing if we get him.
I`d say he`d have to have a stringent medical before we signed anything.

You’d imagine it would have to happen offshore in the current circumstances. Expensive flights, mandatory quarantine and then if you don’t pass you get turned around after 2-3 weeks with nothing to show for it.

Edit - Supposedly nothing came of it. No indication of who walked away.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred