• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

midfielder

With Shaun's advise we are looking at signing a decent keeper and maybe a new striker I have done some crystal ball gazing on what we are starting to look like.... being a person who has a lot of time for structure and balance within a team while allowing for numerous attacking options...

Me thinks our team is starting to look just a tad hhhmmmmm inspiring yes thats the right word so let me explain.

AS has played a 4 - 1 -4 1, system or similar ...

----------------NEW and TBA-------------
Ziggy ----Gallifuoco--Tongyik----Clisby
---------------Eun-sun-------------
Silvera---De Silva----Sang-Ho----Oar
-----------------Murray or NEW TBA--------------

Subs of reasonable quality, Rowels, Mellings, Ingham

DDS , Silvera, & Sang -Ho, all can attack and all score goals... Oar also but is better for his passing...

However, Silvera, Oar, DDS & Sang -Ho are ball players and can play balls to whoever is the striker .... Murray has shown if you give him the ball in space he can score.

A quality keeper to organise the defence and support Ziggy is screaming off the page.

Sadly Matty who bleeds yellow and navy, and weeMac seem to be at low quality sub level now...

Last edited:

turbo

I believe rowles will be in the team .
I believe he destined for higher honors
I agree, depending on form I'm of the belief Tongyik will be the backup CB option with Rowles and Clisby in their respective spots from last season. If either of them drop their form Tongyik can drop in and slide Rowles over if needed. It might also depend what Staj wants out of his backs, Clisby offers more going forward but Rowles was a bit more solid defensively from what I remember.
Don't know why but I feel attached to them despite our horrendous showing last year. Maybe it's stockholm syndrome.

Wombat

I think Tongyik gets the nod over Rowles at CB. I would use Rowles as my LB with Clisby very capable cover.

Forum Phoenix

I think Tongyik gets the nod over Rowles at CB. I would use Rowles as my LB with Clisby very capable cover.

Yeah this for me also. Clisby has an advantage over Rowles in attack, but Rowles shows more promise as a defender.

We’re going to really need the extra height in the side too if we have DDS, Oar, the Koreans and Murray in for Matty.

SuperHans

I agree, depending on form I'm of the belief Tongyik will be the backup CB option with Rowles and Clisby in their respective spots from last season. If either of them drop their form Tongyik can drop in and slide Rowles over if needed. It might also depend what Staj wants out of his backs, Clisby offers more going forward but Rowles was a bit more solid defensively from what I remember.
Don't know why but I feel attached to them despite our horrendous showing last year. Maybe it's stockholm syndrome.
Did Tongyik start in the back line against Manly? If hes the one I'm thinking of, he need to be faster transitioning back: a few times he went forward and got caught out when Manly won the ball and counter attacked.

yorkshireman

Heard on the grapevine...
New VISA player (striker) to be announced shortly and a new keeper coupled with a returning keeper!

here's hoping!!!!!!!

turbo

New VISA player (striker) to be announced shortly and a new keeper coupled with a returning keeper!
Returning keeper would most likely be Glover based on connecting the dots of him being back in Aus and a free agent. New keeper would need to be a local if that's true and would take us to 3 keepers plus Munford in the youth team. For a team looking to run a lean squad to better utilise the funds available it seems unlikely we'd be carrying 3 keepers. Could easily get by with one first choice that plays most games and a second choice to back them up, pull Munford on to the bench if needed. Although there's a decent chance Glover ends up at the U23 tournament so will be gone for a few weeks there.

If the rumour is 2 keepers and a visa striker it makes it less credible IMO just by the availability of local keepers. But in the interests of wild speculation maybe they're willing to give Cisak a chance to get past whatever was going on at Sydney and Glover is the insurance that we won't just be left with Pearce if he can't get where he needs to be.

Imagine if it was Kennedy.
No. Don't do that to us.

pinklady

Contracted until the end of 19/20 - https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/it-happened-so-quickly-517624
Not to say a release is off the table if requested but it seems unlikely.
Heward-Belle is in China in the squad to play PSG. Cisak did not travel with the team. My guess would be Cisak as the new keeper and Glover as the returning keeper. Munford is on the bench for the FFA Cup game on Wednesday and will probably be kept as the NYL/NPL keeper for another 12 months.

turbo

Heward-Belle is in China in the squad to play PSG. Cisak did not travel with the team. My guess would be Cisak as the new keeper and Glover as the returning keeper.
I had heard rumours Cisak was out of favour at Sydney and him not getting the nod for their last ACL game or this tour definitely suggests he's on the way out. I posted the same combo above for new/returning above, there aren't many local experienced A league level keepers available at the moment. I believe next season there will be a few out of contract we could look at poaching but we need someone suitable now and might have to take a risk to get there.

Coastalraider

I had heard rumours Cisak was out of favour at Sydney and him not getting the nod for their last ACL game or this tour definitely suggests he's on the way out. I posted the same combo above for new/returning above, there aren't many local experienced A league level keepers available at the moment. I believe next season there will be a few out of contract we could look at poaching but we need someone suitable now and might have to take a risk to get there.

I wouldnt be heartbroken with that outcome - with a good GK coach (which we have now) both should be able to roll out for the first match equal with what Kennedy was displaying - and both have room to move.

More importantly, I think they would both be genuinely fighting for position, and we havent had genuine competition for that spot for quite soem time. If we are unable to recruit a genuine star keeper, this is one position I think its great to have pressure for positions.

Michael

Yeah I wouldn’t be stoked but I also wouldn’t be unhappy if we end up bringing Glover in, I would prefer a more experienced keeper, but Glover has had an excellent apprenticeship at Spurs and does have high potential (way more than Pearce) and could be a project for JVS, similar to how vuka and maty were for JC. And going off Glover’s social media he looks to have filled out and much more solid. Always good for a keeper. And he’s very good with his feet.
We can’t have a repeat of his wollongong shambles if he comes here though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred