• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Michael

Even with Pearce definitely going be playing the cup I am not in the slightest worried. Maitland are not a threat.
Long term, obviously...
We need to keep the patience and trust things are being done meticulously right this time around, in terms of recruitment, until proven otherwise. Because Staj and co are doing most things right thus far.
And JVS should be considered a secret weapon imo.

And look how transparent Shaun continues to be with us on this forum. Lock in the Seoul bro’s for the cup and I couldn’t be happier at this stage of pre season.

Also. Shaun, can you comment on any news regarding a 4th visa signing? Or a time frame?

scottmac

Suspended
Maitland are not a threat? If anyone in the club thinks that then lock us in for another first up exit. We are a new unit that will have played next to no games together playing against an opponent who knows each other very very well and will be up for it like no other game they've ever played. Aren't we the team that's been done more often by NPL teams in the cup than any other Aleague team?
Yeah. No threat.

Michael

Maitland are not a threat? If anyone in the club thinks that then lock us in for another first up exit. We are a new unit that will have played next to no games together playing against an opponent who knows each other very very well and will be up for it like no other game they've ever played. Aren't we the team that's been done more often by NPL teams in the cup than any other Aleague team?
Yeah. No threat.

In comparison to the other NPL sides we could’ve got, Maitland are probably the best for us to face. Charlestown will be a harder game tomorrow night. Manly were a harder game.

turbo

Maitland shouldn’t be a problem, but that’s not to say they’ll roll over and give us the win. I’m really hoping we can make some progress and show other teams we aren’t going to be an easy win this year. Seeing people’s predictions for the season is getting old when everyone is expecting us to be stuck at the bottom.

FFC Mariner

NBN league is NSWPL2 level at best.
In comparison to the other NPL sides we could’ve got, Maitland are probably the best for us to face. Charlestown will be a harder game tomorrow night. Manly were a harder game.
As someone who spends a lot of time at work in the Hunter, they are fired up like you wouldnt believe. All the scummers I know are going and they will rip and tear into us. Scum are really well represented in Maitland and they will all be there.
Remember, Manly beat us in the 1st 30 without the Koreans on the pitch.
This wont be easy and 1-0 will do me

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/stajci...jK5hal1t_A5TMsNVYTRnjYFy_Ibq0f5ikd8o_s1p0QVCs
STAJCIC INVESTS IN SILVERA
By Shabab Hossain Jul 22 2019 1:27PM
Alen Stajcic’s pre-season rebuild may have been lowkey but among the arrivals of Abraham Majok, Jai Ingham and Daniel De Silva, 18-year-old Samuel Silvera slipped under the radar.

Silvera joins the Mariners on a one-year scholarship deal, to the reported chagrin of former club Western Sydney Wanderers who were reluctant to let go of one of their highly rated prospects.

The teen attacker tasted success with the Wanderers’ U20 side in 2017, where they took home the NPL 2 U20 trophy, after defeating Northern Tigers 6-2 and scored two goals himself. That line-up also featured Tate Russell and Mathieu Cordier who now train with the WSW first team.

Silvera though, wasn’t able to make that breakthrough and advice from now teammates Mario Shabow and Majok made him move to the Mariners and get his shot at the top tier.

“They told me that it would be perfect for me to get more experience within the A-League," said Silvera.

"Whereas Wanderers, I just felt maybe it wasn’t the right time there, but Central Coast came up with the offer and it seemed right for me."

Silvera says he is as an explosive winger, capable of playing on the left or right, or even through the middle. Although he enjoys taking on his man and making runs in behind, he says he’s learning more and more each day, not only from staff but his new teammates as well.

“One of the best pointers that someone has told me so far is from [Korean triallist] Lee Sang-ho," said Silvera.

"He told me to not wait for the defender to come for you, but to move the ball quicker so that they don’t even come close to you.”

Self-improvement is key for the teenager who realises he has an opportunity to make a real name for himself and forge a life-long career in professional football - with one big target in mind.

“For me, going to Europe would be a massive goal for me, I believe I can do that, I just need to continue improving,” he said.

He wants to absorbs as much information as he can from his coaches and teammates in the next few months at the Mariners before breaking into the A-League side and applying that on the pitch.

For a player getting his first taste of professional football, Silvera is hopeful he might be able to push for a place in the squad and has received encouraging words from Stajcic himself.

“It seems like I’m in his plans, he wants to me an impact player off the bench, which I’m very happy to be," Silvera revealed.

“He’s just very encouraging and he’s giving me all these small little pointers on what to do and I think that’s going to improve my game a lot, especially when I’m up more experienced players in the A-League.”

He might make his first professional appearance in the FFA Cup, when the Mariners go up against Maitland FC on July 31 and Silvera is braced for a thrilling clash against the NPL side.

He added: "Hopefully, with a lot of hard work within the coming weeks, my goal is to be on the bench and get an appearance and I’ll be very happy with that.

Maitland are not a threat.
Every single NPL team that finished anywhere in the top 4 are a potential threat. With our FFA record, completely unproven squad made up of largely unproven players and a completely unproven (in this competition) coach, every NPL team is a threat.

It's basically a derby match and it will probably mean more to Maitland than to us. There's really no reason for Maitland to beat us, theoretically, in the sense that an NPL team shouldn't beat a HAL team. If Maitland lose, then NPL lost to HAL, big deal, so what, that's the expected result. But if they win.....then not only have they taken the glory of wiping the floor with a HAL team, but they've done it with their most hated rivals. And I fully expect them to treat this like a derby match.
There are no expectations on Maitland but they have every reason to go at this 110%. That's going to make them incredibly dangerous. Especially when the local derby aspect is going to mean more to them than to our players.

pjennings

As someone who spends a lot of time at work in the Hunter, they are fired up like you wouldnt believe. All the scummers I know are going and they will rip and tear into us. Scum are really well represented in Maitland and they will all be there.

The day you underestimate a team like Maitland, that's the day you get handed your arse on a platter.

While I agree we shouldn't be complacent that first 30 mins team against Manly was without the Koreans (as per FFC Mariner) - but also without Murray, Clisby and DDS.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

While I agree we shouldn't be complacent that first 30 mins team against Manly was without the Koreans (as per FFC Mariner) - but also without Murray, Clisby and DDS.
It also wasn't against a team that despises our very existence and who knows they'll be regional heroes if they win.
It was a nothing game for Manly.
For Maitland? No sirree bob.

scottmac

Suspended
Is got nothing to do with who we've got. We should have won all the other games we've lost in the cup against npl opposition too but how did that work out for us.

NoDiggity

Do we know if the Koreans can play for us in the ffa cup if they haven’t been officially signed? They were playing in the manly game as triallists, not sure if they can do that with the ffa cup game

scottmac

Suspended
Do we know if the Koreans can play for us in the ffa cup if they haven’t been officially signed? They were playing in the manly game as triallists, not sure if they can do that with the ffa cup game
They'll need to have international clearance to play and be officially signed. You can't just play anyone you like in an official competition.

Forum Phoenix

Is got nothing to do with who we've got. We should have won all the other games we've lost in the cup against npl opposition too but how did that work out for us.

Imo we’re already a better coached, better disciplined and fitter side. Never take anything for granted, but I do think we’ll prevail and will be a good game.

scottmac

Suspended
Imo we’re already a better coached, better disciplined and fitter side. Never take anything for granted, but I do think we’ll prevail and will be a good game.
As you've said that's opinion only, none of that is proven. I hope we win but I'm not expecting it.

turbo

They'll need to have international clearance to play and be officially signed. You can't just play anyone you like in an official competition.
Several NPL clubs have made bids for a single game by a big name player. Not to say there isnt clearance involved but it’s as close to just playing anyone you like as it gets.

Ozhammer

Unless their clearances come through soon, neither of the Koreans will be able to play against Maitland, so any worries would be well founded, as we lack too much quality depth in the current roster.

For fear of SM shooting me down again, I understand that Weemac is now out through injury, so looks like a few NPL boys will need to be drafted into the team for tonight’s game against Charlestown.

FFC Mariner

He added absolutely nothing against Manly so no loss whatsoever
Edit: Has added absolutely nothing since we re signed him

turbo

Even without the koreans if their clearance doesn't come through we can put something serviceable together for this round, although I'd be much happier if they were available. Assuming I haven't missed any major injuries we could field something like:

---------- Simon ------ Murray------------
Oar---- Melling --- DDS ----- Ingham
Rowles---GG----Tongyik ---- Ziggy
------------------Pearce--------------------

Which gives us some sub/swap options pending injury in Majok, Silvera, Nisbet, Shabow, Clisby and whatever NPL guys have impressed to round it out. That team should be able to get the job done against a NNSW NPL team and by next round we should have a more settled, fitter squad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred