• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

JoyfulPenguin

I thought there were no transfer fees allowed between A league clubs.
I know we paid we paid a fee for Jedinak. It could have been called something like compensation though, I'm not sure.
The reason I remember is because the club that he came from called the money laughable. Was it 3 grand or something?
I think all NPL clubs get a small amount of compensation around the $3,000 mark.

Insertnamehere

My thoughts exactly. There’s been plenty down the years.
Remember Kurz blowing up in January he couldn’t get an ex La Liga CB from a south Aus NPL team because transfer fees aren’t aloud.
Laughable.
Thought fees were only intraHAL.? Anyways there’s some changes needed

JoyfulPenguin

De Silva featuring in his last game before his loan spell ends:
Will he be loaned again straight away or is he actually a player we can use?

Ozhammer

Didn't he allude to that being the reason he left?
I'm sure I read that somewhere.
‘Allegedly’ Mulvey froze him out after he spoke up about the standard of training in a group discussion. My view is that he was a decent bloke and player, so we could certainly do worse than Re-sign him imo.

turbo

I’m not sure it would be healthy for him to come back so soon. Maybe in a season or two if we’ve turned things around and he’s got some confidence back but right now he’d be questioning if enough has changed and I doubt it would be a good mindset for either party.

turbo

Will he be loaned again straight away or is he actually a player we can use?

I’m interested in seeing where his stocks are at now. My gut feeling is he’ll be less desirable after failing to impress with the quality of the Sydney team around him. It’s easy to blame the lowly mariners but what did he do to lift us? For every moment of quality there was a time he went missing.

He needs to be somewhere he can be a first team player, he would have been for us and had a heap more minutes. If he isn’t going to play for us he needs to be looking for a mid table team or a move abroad where he will get the minutes. If he is going to come back he needs a reality check and a serve of humble pie but that seems unlikely.

pjennings

DDS certainly has talent. But that is not enough. I wasn't really paying attention to the AFC game tonight but one of the commentators (probably an ex player) said that he really doesn't put in the effort. When other professionals start saying that about you have to seriously look at yourself and realise that you may be the problem.

Wombat

‘Allegedly’ Mulvey froze him out after he spoke up about the standard of training in a group discussion. My view is that he was a decent bloke and player, so we could certainly do worse than Re-sign him imo.

More than a decent bloke, he is a top bloke but i'm not sure about him as a player. Excellent reserve CB but not starting 11 for mine and i absolutely love the bloke. Having said that he could develop into a very solid CB with a decent mentor.

JoyfulPenguin

DDS certainly has talent. But that is not enough. I wasn't really paying attention to the AFC game tonight but one of the commentators (probably an ex player) said that he really doesn't put in the effort. When other professionals start saying that about you have to seriously look at yourself and realise that you may be the problem.
De Silva, Retre and Caceres are the reason Sydney lost so badly, they did far worse than the young players and gave away the ball with absolutely no pressure on them. De Silva is a shadow of his former self.

Forum Phoenix

More than a decent bloke, he is a top bloke but i'm not sure about him as a player. Excellent reserve CB but not starting 11 for mine and i absolutely love the bloke. Having said that he could develop into a very solid CB with a decent mentor.

Sounds like you’re talking Golec not DDS.
I thought jp and turbo were discussing DDS? Maybe I’ve gotten confused.

Anyway, Golec for mine is a great personality but not good enough on the ball and has too many howler moments.

DDS needs to recalibrate. Nothing determines the trajectory of talent like hard work and attitude.

Insertnamehere

De Silva, Retre and Caceres are the reason Sydney lost so badly, they did far worse than the young players and gave away the ball with absolutely no pressure on them. De Silva is a shadow of his former self.
Was watching DDS play LWB late in the game. Every time they game the ball away you could see his head drop and him get lazier. Not a player we want.
His attitude is garbage and his work ethic is poor.
Just release him.

Tevor

Was watching DDS play LWB late in the game. Every time they game the ball away you could see his head drop and him get lazier. Not a player we want.
His attitude is garbage and his work ethic is poor.
Just release him.
Problem is it is not totally our decision, I’m interested to see what happens with him. Don’t want him back and I don’t think he would even contemplate it. Tough decision for every party involved.

turbo

I thought jp and turbo were discussing DDS? Maybe I’ve gotten confused.
I think you’re following it ok. My post about it being too soon to come back was about Golec and the other was about DDS.

but one of the commentators (probably an ex player) said that he really doesn't put in the effort.
I heard that too, right after he was laying the boot in to us. I don’t know how he gets a pass for us being a poor side when he was our attacking play maker and we had the weakest attack in the comp. IMO you need your expensive players to lift the team when it’s down but he practically did the opposite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred