• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Pirate Pete

Sheridan (among others) have left the nix. Wouldn't mind seeing him join us if we don't have someone better lined up. As a starting player and a full preseason behind him I think he'd do well and has the smarts to get Murray more service. Probably get a few disagrees wanting someone better but I'm also thinking about who we can actually afford.
Among others, one being a bloke called Golec.
Sheridan would be a visa player too.

ashman89

Very big lack of respect if that is true with Tom. And what a lack of foresight!!!

Fair enough if don’t want to keep him, that’s fine from a football perspective.
But for f**ks sake some common courtesy and customer service could mean the difference in him recommending us to other international players and keep those connections and contacts active.

Very very poor if true. Even give him or organise him a lift to the airport. Pay him 300k or more but then can’t pay for a $100 lift to the airport and a parting gift, etc.

Pure numpty move if true.
We really really need a proper salesperson/recruiter that understands the importance of communication and contacts/connections.
If I knew he was going I'd of offered him a lift down to the airport. Oh well

Michael

Staj was with the infamous Tony Basha in April. With Basha posting the photo and saying “looking forward to working together in the future”....

Now, anyone that has ever heard anything of Tony Basha knows he is a laughing stock. Mentors the likes of Appiah, Duke and Bulut. Best mates with Ahmed Elrich. Self professed coaching expert and agent/mentor yet only coaches in NPL 3. And got the boot from f**king Rydalmere previously. Regularly gets photos with international footballers and claims to be mates with them etc. He’s basically a smaller level Nelly Yoa.

I’m pretty angry about the Tom H situation so I’m probably over thinking this but if Basha is one of Staj’s scouting/agent connections then we are well f**ked before we’ve even started.

Forum Phoenix

Staj was with the infamous Tony Basha in April. With Basha posting the photo and saying “looking forward to working together in the future”....

Now, anyone that has ever heard anything of Tony Basha knows he is a laughing stock. Mentors the likes of Appiah, Duke and Bulut. Best mates with Ahmed Elrich. Self professed coaching expert and agent/mentor yet only coaches in NPL 3. And got the boot from f**king Rydalmere previously. Regularly gets photos with international footballers and claims to be mates with them etc. He’s basically a smaller level Nelly Yoa.

I’m pretty angry about the Tom H situation so I’m probably over thinking this but if Basha is one of Staj’s scouting/agent connections then we are well f**ked before we’ve even started.

“Regularly gets photos with...”

Might explain it.

Anyway not sure who the Mariners are to be looking down our noses, we need to be friends with everyone we can.

Sad to see Tom go. That’s one more quality footballer we have to find.

But personally, though nearly all are completely valid, I’ve had enough of focusing on the endless negatives that we’ve been handed and want to move on.

We really need something positive around here to start talking about.

Insertnamehere

“Regularly gets photos with...”

Might explain it.

Anyway not sure who the Mariners are to be looking down our noses, we need to be friends with everyone we can.

Sad to see Tom go. That’s one more quality footballer we have to find.

But personally, though nearly all are completely valid, I’ve had enough of focusing on the endless negatives that we’ve been handed and want to move on.

We really need something positive around here to start talking about.
How many times do you want to be smashed across the snout with a rolled newspaper.?
Sorry but the club has to lead me back to positivity this year. Im a man on the edge.

pjennings

How many times do you want to be smashed across the snout with a rolled newspaper.?
Sorry but the club has to lead me back to positivity this year. Im a man on the edge.

I understand your sentiments completely. We need to recruit well and we also need get the pre-season right. We have repeatedly failed these simple tasks and have reaped what we sowed.

true believer

So tell us what the clubs doing to turn it around . As far as i can see staj is your only positive from last season .

I not renewing so that means probably half your support base is not renewing .

Wombat

Guys I haven't been on for a long time because there is lots of work to be done.

Hopefully everyone can get to one of the member/fan nights that we will put on in the pre-season. if not happy to meet anyone individually.

Here is my email shaunm@ccmariners.com.au or email Dan who can book in a meeting.

Thank you for posting Shaun. The club have lied to us a fair bit recently so when a player tells you too your face that the club hasn't spoken to him or offered him a new contract it fair to say most people would believe the player.

If this is NOT the case then you have my apologies.

I understand it's impossible to be totally transparent and signing or re-signing players if a tricky business but the communication from the club to its members has been poor at best.

I apologise for the personal attack but as the figure head of the club you are held responsible for our obvious failings and sometimes we need to vent to release the frustration.

I understand that Mr Charlesworth makes your job more difficult than it should be.

There have been NO positive announcements from the club apart from Staj.

To lose Tom H, Jem, Millar, Connor and Aspro has been very disappointing.......all of these players can be replaced by better players, so we live in hope.

turbo

Murray, Clisby and Rowles. But agree with your sentiment, it’s hard watching others announce their new players while we get the odd rumour that’s not a big name/obviously first 11 player.

Shaun Mielekamp

Thank you for posting Shaun. The club have lied to us a fair bit recently so when a player tells you too your face that the club hasn't spoken to him or offered him a new contract it fair to say most people would believe the player.

If this is NOT the case then you have my apologies.

I understand it's impossible to be totally transparent and signing or re-signing players if a tricky business but the communication from the club to its members has been poor at best.

I apologise for the personal attack but as the figure head of the club you are held responsible for our obvious failings and sometimes we need to vent to release the frustration.

I understand that Mr Charlesworth makes your job more difficult than it should be.

To lose Tom H, Jem, Millar, Connor and Aspro has been very disappointing.......all of these players can be replaced by better players, so we live in hope.
Like you said it is tricky to be totally transparent with player signings and re-signings but all I want to say is that Alen has given every player a clean slate opportunity to earn a contract and make his own mind up.

This is evident by the signing of Adam Pearce who would never have been signed by the former coach, even Adam would agree to that. The new coaching staff wanted as much time as possible to see how all the players up for renewal played, trained and behaved. Then they have to compare what they see and what they can get in the player market for the same value, and also how that works with their intended playing style and roster.

This is not a process that we can discuss publicly for every player until there is a final decision. Also the players need to know the outcomes before we can tell the members. There are a few players at the moment still waiting on decisions by the football department and those decisions have not yet been made, this process is designed to be a thorough as possible. As soon as we can make a public statement we will.

So to clarify there is no lying by Tom in telling you that he has not yet been offered a contact or neither had he been told he was not wanted for next year. But his agent has had every email responded to by myself and he confirmed that he will discuss options with Tom when he is back in Holland - happy to show you when we meet. So to say that I have not responded to an agents email is a simple mistruth, I cannot comment on what Toms agent tells Tom.

We will make player departure and announcements very shortly but until things are contractually fully locked away you can all appreciate that we simply cannot comment until this the time is right - often things have leaked before hand as agents, family members, medical staff, hotel staff, travel agents, other players all get involved during a process as it unfolds. This is not to keep members in the dark, this is to avoid saying something that still might change, I am sure that no one wants the club to announce a player and then have them fail a medical and we have to retract a player announcement.

Please stay tuned for details of upcoming members information night when Anton Tagliaferro and Alen Stajcic will be available to meet and answer your questions in person.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Murray, Clisby and Rowles. But agree with your sentiment, it’s hard watching others announce their new players while we get the odd rumour that’s not a big name/obviously first 11 player.
For me re-signing players like Murray, Rowles and Clisby is the bare minimum expectation, not a positive. Murray was unlikely to have been wanted elsewhere, Clisby is the worst starting left back in the league and Rowles is inexperienced and yet to assert himself at A-League level. We lost players we should have resigned, most because we wouldn't pay even when our license is being threatened. We lost the core of our team, we have lost nearly every player who could come close to saying they did well after last season's abomination.

I've tried to be positive but blind optimism in the faith of overwhelming odds has got us absolutely no where. We need to be questioning every decision and making noise when there is a clear abdication of responsibility for how we have travelled the last four years. Is not good enough to say it's too expensive, it's too hard because we simply won't exist with another year of this.

JoyfulPenguin

Vent and hold me accountable by all means, that comes with the territory regardless of the situation. But personal attacks and name calling is going too far especially from a recognised business owner in the community. Like you said it is tricky to be totally transparent with player signings and re-signings but all I want to say is that Alen has given every player a clean slate opportunity to earn a contract and make his own mind up.

This is evident by the signing of Adam Pearce who would never have been signed by the former coach, even Adam would agree to that. The new coaching staff wanted as much time as possible to see how all the players up for renewal played, trained and behaved. Then they have to compare what they see and what they can get in the player market for the same value, and also how that works with their intended playing style and roster.

This is not a process that we can discuss publicly for every player until there is a final decision. Also the players need to know the outcomes before we can tell the members. There are a few players at the moment still waiting on decisions by the football department and those decisions have not yet been made, this process is designed to be a thorough as possible. As soon as we can make a public statement we will.

So to clarify there is no lying by Tom in telling you that he has not yet been offered a contact or neither had he been told he was not wanted for next year. But his agent has had every email responded to by myself and he confirmed that he will discuss options with Tom when he is back in Holland - happy to show you when we meet. So to say that I have not responded to an agents email is a simple mistruth, I cannot comment on what Toms agent tells Tom.

We will make player departure and announcements very shortly but until things are contractually fully locked away you can all appreciate that we simply cannot comment until this the time is right - often things have leaked before hand as agents, family members, medical staff, hotel staff, travel agents, other players all get involved during a process as it unfolds. This is not to keep members in the dark, this is to avoid saying something that still might change, I am sure that no one wants the club to announce a player and then have them fail a medical and we have to retract a player announcement.

Please stay tuned for details of upcoming members information night when Anton Tagliaferro and Alen Stajcic will be available to meet and answer your questions in person.
I commend your response and the fan forum Shaun. I think what is most frustrating, at least to me, is the not knowing whether we will be spending the full cap. Not knowing if we will be spending an amount beyond the cap that we frankly need to. Because all indicators from last season and the players who have left seem to point to the fact that we will not be.

turbo

We lost players we should have resigned, most because we wouldn't pay even when our license is being threatened. We lost the core of our team, we have lost nearly every player who could come close to saying they did well after last season's abomination.

I don’t think any player put their hand up to say they 100% should be retained at all costs. Of the obvious ones leaving Millar had a break out season but some serious defensive weaknesses, Jem seemed good but not irreplaceable, same for Tom. Pain and Aspro were big losses but it’s not like the big clubs were banging down the door for them either.

The big problem isn’t players departing, every team cops that, it’s the very real and justified fear that we won’t be able to attract and afford the decent competitive replacements required to lift us off the bottom of the ladder and stop us being the laughing stock of the league.

Michael

Blown away by your response’s this afternoon Shaun. Genuinely blown away.
Credit where credit is due. You showed some balls.
It does suck that it took a personal attack for something to be said, but that’s the day and age we live in unfortunately. So thanks for the clear and stern response.

There’s more speculation on this thread than actual fact more often than not, so surely you can find the time to come here a bit more with small updates... “hey everyone renewal talks are underway etc etc”
“Hey everyone we are talking to some potential new players etc etc”. Put some people’s minds at ease on here with updates. We know you can’t name names but club silence leads to speculation which leads to anger which leads to aggressive comments which usually land on you, practically the face of the club in a way.

You obviously have to understand the anger from the hardcore people on here. People that put their hard earned into the club each season. There is so much hurt in the fan base and most of the time the club doesn’t appreciate that.

We appreciate that decisions cannot be rushed. But every fan and surely the people in the club know that time cannot be wasted with the position the club is in. And sadly it seems time is being wasted with many player decisions. Every other club, even the successful ones have already acted in regards to player announcements... why is ours the most silent. Why does it seem like the club isn’t trying ruffle feathers? When we need to be aggresive in the pursuit to get away from being the laughing stock.

Insertnamehere

Shaun,
The crux of it is ...... You should just troll wombat like the rest of us. He's just a grumpy mouthy C*nt.
Seriously though, we're out of patience as fans. It's been too long between good seasons. There's been too many fan favourites let slip to other clubs. Too many big dick showy moves that detract from the main game such as Bolt and Phelan.
We're desperate for some bloody relief. And in the absence of information, good will and progress, there's going to be plenty of unpleasant things said by us. Especially when we're surviving on rumour, hearsay, innuendo and the occasional smelly fart.

scottmac

Suspended
What a load of shit this has all become. The fact Shaun is on here confronting a fan (makes no difference if he's a business owner or not) over something he said, which was f**king tame by the way (unless there's something that's been deleted that i haven't seen) , just exudes incompetence. Right now there are thousands of amateur clubs being run more professionally than ours.
No one wants transparency on signings people just want a f**king direction, an ethos, a culture which in turn guides the way things are done. One that represents them and that they can be proud of. Shaun and the club have provided none of that. They've actually dismantled one. Torn to shreds all those things. To see the head of the club on here being upset over names just proves to me he's not the leader we need. This club is not the club we used to love. The shell is the same but that shell is just a balloon. Paper thin and full of nothing but hot air.
I couldn't give a f**k who they sign. And i say they because these leaders are not our club. Until the direction of this club changes it'll be more of the same. Until the people who lead this club, own this club change it'll be more of the same.
The fact that people who have bled yellow and navy have been pushed shoved or shut out is testament to the fact that this club now has no identity or soul.
I'll not be renewing which I'm sure won't be unique.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Cudos for your reply Shaun BUT you can’t honestly expect us to be all sunbeams and rainbows after this horrendous run of shite all the while getting treated like mushrooms ...right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred