Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Apr 12, 2019.

1. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Any theories on who Dylan Fox told to go and get f**ked ?

2. bikinigirl

bikinigirl Well-Known Member

. my theory (and i have absolutely no info to substantiate any of this):
    • Fox was signed at the last minute when we had no CBs (Kye was suspended and both GG and Ruon were injured in pre-season when they looked like being first choice CBs
    • he was signed to a one year deal with an extension clause based on number of games played
    • he was dropped for what he may have perceived bad luck or being made a scapegoat even when covering for the inadequacies of others
    • he expressed this opinion
    • and showed a lack of contrition
    • which didn't help his relationship with decision makers and influencers
    • in the meantime:
      • our visa player RB was moved into the middle to cover
      • activated his extension clause due to minutes/games played
      • our youth chappy has proven at least as capable at RB (or whatever they he is playing as)
    • they don't want to give him minutes as it will trigger a contract extension ... we can only hope that means someone even better next year (if anybody is still here to watch or care)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  3. Tim

Tim Member

That all seems quite plausible given the way he was yanked at halftime in a game early in the season. I wonder if we will ever find out? I assumed Fox would be the one out the door in the Jan transfer window, not GG...

4. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

I'd imagine at least some of that is right. Must be very frustrating being hooked and banished when others have played poorly and made critical mistakes then find themselves back next game or a week later. I'd be chucking him into LB at training and seeing how he goes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

can't be worse than Clisby at LB can he?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. jacobclear

jacobclear Active Member

Call me crazy but I do believe Fox and Ruon are our best CBs with Ziggy right, Miller left.

Problem is is that none of them are left-footed and it would also mean Milan would take all the set pieces. But if they can defend, it's light years better.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

I feel like it's f**king embarrassing that the season is almost over and we have no idea what our best 11 is.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

there is nothing more annoying in football than a right footed left back and vice versa.
    Throws the entire balance of a formation out.

• Meh Meh x 1
  9. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

What about back passing to your opposition for a goal ?
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. AuzDutchy

AuzDutchy Active Member

A quality right footed LB is miles better than a trash left footed LB who only has a squad position due to being left footed.
    Look at Galloway, hes consistent regardless of which side he plays on.

Sidenote, why did we ever let Galloway go? i assume it was due to him demanding more money than we were willing to give him, but look how that worked out.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

We are really looking at a horrendous season I fear. Other teams are getting themselves in sync and going up a gear. We appear to be forgetting the clutch and crunching through randomly.

Adelaide are most likely to embarrass us further. Then we play sydney.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jacobclear

jacobclear Active Member

We're going backwards at the same rate every other team are going forwards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

He wanted a shot overseas. And to be fair, he got one

With Wellington.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Galloway is also shit - not Clusby shit but still rubbish

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  15. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree on that. He wasn’t great when he left us and needed to take the path he did to improve. When he was with us he was weak under crosses in particular but now I think he’s a decent A league level defender. Easily in the top half of the wide defenders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. jacobclear

jacobclear Active Member

If I was in charge of signings and he wanted to come back on the cheap, I wouldn't say no

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Clisby is here for another year - and that should be as backup LB with Hatch pushing him for that. Another left back has to be markedly better - not similar in ability

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

No. No he can’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

:piralaugh:

And how about more than once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Well Galloway is markedly better. Adelaide wanted to keep him and City went after him too. If anyone here thinks we could get him cheap they're very mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 2