Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Apr 12, 2019.

1. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Are you referring to some of the areas on the Coast?...
    Because there are some areas here that need a fence put around them, the ferals sprayed then the places demolished...:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

You having a laugh SC?

You cant compare the Coast to those cesspits of Western Sydney.

Minto
    Macquarie Park
    Liverpool
    Blacktown
    Claymore
    Auburn
    Shalvey
    Mt Druitt
    Plumpton
    Cambrige Park
    St Marys
    Rooty Hill
    Ambarvale
    Miller
    Bankstown

to name a few.

These are seriously f**ked up suburbs and i only go there during the day..... and i used to be tooled up (only joking officer)

There is no equal on the Coast......

maybe... North Wyong, Woy Woy (the bronx area), small area of North Gosford and perhaps Toukley and Gorokan. I have a friend from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne comes and has a coffee or lunch with me whenever he is in NSW and he is a bit of a pussy about Gosford CBD.

My family sometimes eat at the Chinese in Niagara Park and that is a freaky little suburb.

Interesting topic SC. I would love to hear other peoples opinions

3. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Way too far off topic for a football site mate, but I think you answered your own question...:popcorn:

4. bikinigirl

bikinigirl Well-Known Member

. mate, maybe you are a bit out of touch ... i've heard that Minno has changed so much they even put the 't' back in

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Okay, can we bring this back to squad discussion?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. NoDiggity

NoDiggity Well-Known Member

Heading up now, getting the 12pm train from Gosford then straight to pub. Hope to see a few of you at the game, COYY

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

8. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Well - my mind is made up. I'm flooded in :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Trains suspended according to facebook

10. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. sydmariner

I’m stuck at Hornsby waiting for a replacement bus to moriset

12. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

What a shitfight

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Ok.

After today can we talk about suburbs again!

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

You know things are bad when players we all correctly called to be dropped are now being called back in as some kind of saviour...and then they perform like expected and confirm they should have stayed dropped.

Nissy should never have been dropped though. I would play him every game he can if just to develop him.

15. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

I suspect Nissy was dropped because it was thought that Kim and Sten would be tougher in the DM position in a physical derby.
    In my opinion this was a mistakes, as was shown. Kim held back with the centre backs and Stens is not the best link for going forward.
    The Ams were fairly ineffectual, Duric not mobile and Silvera awol.

I agree with your statement about dropped players being recalled. I do not expect them to be saviours, I expect them to be trouble, but I want to see players who want to play, not players just going through the motions.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

I think that players don't know their expected roles and think Staj keeps going square peg round hole. This my overview of what the players ate and informs the role they should play.

Stens is a holder. Not a link player. He shouldn't be passing more than 5-10m
    Kim and Niz are link players. Kim deeper and Niz advanced.
    Djuric is a bit of both but doesnt have the mobility or pace. So he should just be a holder in advance to stens and Kim.
    DDS is a link player. But needs to pass more and dribble less. If he wants to dribble play him as a wide 10 and get him up the wing.
    Oar is a link player. More a 10 or wide 10. He is not a winger. He can't cross and shouldn't be unless its from the byline.
    SS is really the only winger we have. But for whatever reason he's crocked. We don't need pea hearts.
    I don't know much of DRD.
    So all this is my opinion that we lack width and the players lack the knowledge of what role they should be playing. They're playing on instinct which isn't working.
    Midfield should look like... Based on what I see as the players natural position

Niz​
    Oar Djuric DDS
    Kim or Stens

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

If anyone is able to go and watch some training this week and comment on the desire of the players and how hard they’re being pushed
    It would be hugely appreciated

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. jacobclear

jacobclear Active Member

To those who travelled for tomorrow's game, whether it be to a local pub or to the ground, my thoughts are with you today.

19. NoDiggity

NoDiggity Well-Known Member

Absolute nightmare, had to get a bus from Gosford to morriset. Next train north from morriset was an hour and I’d miss the first half the game. Watched the game on my phone at a shitty pub in Morisset then got the bus home again. Shambles

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. sydmariner

IMO the game should’ve been pushed back to 5 or 6 pm to allow for ccm fans to get to the game

• Agree Agree x 2