• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Wombat

Ahemmm..... Wales... All party and no performance. 3 goals in 50 A-League matches as a striker... No team can afford that sort of dead wood.

I watched the first 10 mins of the Roar v City game and Lachie was having a Barry Crocker. Kossie didn't sound like a fan lol.

turbo

Ahemmm..... Wales... All party and no performance. 3 goals in 50 A-League matches as a striker... No team can afford that sort of dead wood.
That was just an example and a player we had on the books previously. Pain would have been fine too. How many has Oar scored in his 1.5 seasons here?

Forum Phoenix

I would be giving Milan a contract and then give him a scouting role over the winter. He has played in a number of the Balkan leagues and I would have him assist Staj over there identifying players.

I would not be adverse to all our imports coming from that region. Their players are technically excellent and they seem to appreciate the opportunity and lifestyle out here and work hard to succeed.

Their success hit rate is far greater than the South Americans who often seem to have a entitled arrogance about their demeanour.

What a brilliant idea. And couldn’t agree more about the work ethic and mentality.

turbo

Kitto had a bad game and got slammed by his coach. If we want to solve the LB issue he might be an option as soon as this window. Under contract but doesn’t exactly sound like they want him. Was decent last year so maybe a run of poor form isn’t just on him.

Tim

Kitto had a bad game and got slammed by his coach. If we want to solve the LB issue he might be an option as soon as this window. Under contract but doesn’t exactly sound like they want him. Was decent last year so maybe a run of poor form isn’t just on him.
I don’t know much about him as a player but for the coach to publicly rubbish him like that is beyond poor form. Stajic would never do that - the sign of an excellent man manager. Sure, take a player aside and let him know the score privately but to do it publicly is very poor in my view...

Reactions: adz

Ironbark

I don’t know much about him as a player but for the coach to publicly rubbish him like that is beyond poor form. Stajic would never do that - the sign of an excellent man manager. Sure, take a player aside and let him know the score privately but to do it publicly is very poor in my view...
Agreed. Clisby gets dropped and deserves to when he does - but that's the only clue we have as to how the coach reacts to his performance. And that's exactly how it should be.

Insertnamehere

The best managers do this. How often did Fergie slam his teams publicly? Maybe when they were being primadonnas and he was about to sell them. Yet you hear the stories of the sprays in the sheds.
Also the generation of players now don't really respond to copping sprays and especially public ones. It's outdated coaching.
The sprays we copped when playing u18s and reserves. Jeeeeeezus.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yeah, Staj doesn’t strike me as a human hair dryer like fergie...BUT, you gotta watch the quiet ones

marinermick

From what I understand Oar hasn’t put pen to paper yet and the club has made a final offer, but he is expected to leave.

There may also be a player coming in but he is having trouble being released by his current club.

We will also hear of some re-signings in the next couple of weeks including visa players. Gordon I suspect.

League is also moving to six visa players next season.

scoober

From what I understand Oar hasn’t put pen to paper yet and the club has made a final offer, but he is expected to leave.

There may also be a player coming in but he is having trouble being released by his current club.

We will also hear of some re-signings in the next couple of weeks including visa players. Gordon I suspect.

Probably Gordon and McGlinchy :doh:

turbo

League is also moving to six visa players next season
That will alleviate the pressure WU and Mac have put on the local player pool. Also makes it more feasible to take a punt on a developing foreigner rather than looking for someone on the other side of 30.

Michael

I’d be very happy to keep Ziggy around more so that we can have another visa, well 2 more when wee Mac jogs on. Overall Ziggy has been a positive. We need to remember he’s come to a place where he knows basically nothing of the attackers in the league. It’s particularly harder for defender visa players to adapt.

onto it

Exactly. That's our place.

Tevor

Kitto may be just another Clisby, I've watched plenty of HAL and he never really stood out over the years so that is saying something and not sure we should settle for another potential "isn't really HAL level player" which is what his coach is saying. He was also part of some good AU teams and now they are a little light on his talent is being questioned.

I'd be happier for us to unearth another Lewis Miller, another solid game by the young man against Victory.

turbo

Kitto may be just another Clisby, I've watched plenty of HAL and he never really stood out over the years so that is saying something and not sure we should settle for another potential "isn't really HAL level player" which is what his coach is saying. He was also part of some good AU teams and now they are a little light on his talent is being questioned.

I'd be happier for us to unearth another Lewis Miller, another solid game by the young man against Victory.

He's played a lot of games and minutes for Adelaide over the last few years and they haven't been a struggling club. On top of that they were happy to extend his deal in October. I just don't see how all of a sudden he's not an A league standard player unless he's got something going on or just doesnt click with this new coach at all, both of which may be able to be addressed with a move.

Can play LB or LW/RW so that opens up options for us if Oar is outbound or we just want more cover in the squad. If nothing else I think it would be worth talking to him about what's going on atm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred