• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Kareem

Stajcic pretty much confirmed Jair's signing in tonight's press conference.

He said that it is looking very likely that we will sign him...
Which a coach wouldn't admit unless it was locked in.

Tevor

What a depressing thought. An unfit striker who isn't very good.
Not sure that is the case, he has been trialling for a while now, anybody know? I’m guessing a month at least. Fitness may not be a big concern, I thought he did show some class last year in the scum games I did watch. At least we are trying to find something this year and not just waiting until next season.

turbo

I’d expect a free agent to keep themselves in pretty decent shape so hopefully it’s not too long before we can get a productive 60 mins out of him. It’s not like the bloke is in his mid 30s and not sure if he’ll kick on.

Tevor

Simons general demeanor and performance on Saturday indicates that this might be true.
That's why Majok should have been given 20 mins. Classic was when I think Oar put in a great cross and Matty was to busy wrestling the defender and totally missed that the ball was in the right position for him. Then you watch Jamie Mc yesterday afternoon lose his defender and smash in two great headers. Chalk and cheese and why he needs to finish up for the benefit of the team.

turbo

Good, hopefully Staj can get him back in form. We now have a decent option to play 2 up front if we want to or a bench with some attacking depth.

Michael

There’s honestly no reason not to be happy with this signing. Brilliant pedigree. You simply cannot scoff at his K League record. It wasn’t a fluke.
Look deeper than his Jets record, the few times he played as a 9 he scored and they were good goals. And he scored whilst playing as a winger too. His technical ability and movement is high quality. I’d like him to start straight away. And I expect his type of play to match beautifully with our mobile attacking mids. Mattys time is done you’d think. I’d expect him to know that too.

Coastalraider

It wouldn't surprise me if Matty hung it up in Jan.

Id love for WeeMac to do the same and free up a VISA spot, but that is far from likely.

turbo

Look deeper than his Jets record, the few times he played as a 9 he scored and they were good goals.
I'm assuming this is accurate, it's not a great record and I can see why people would feel underwhelmed but the bloke has been training with us so Staj must see some potential, even if desperate he's no fool and he's done his due diligence here.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jair/...lus/0/saison/2018/wettbewerb/AUS1/verein/5551
The way I see it there's a few reasons we should be happy:
- The club didnt just give up and not spend the cash
- They didnt wait for January knowing the player could be 2 months away if we actually get one.
- If nothing else we now have more attacking options and that's something we've been very short on
- He's had a season here and knows the level of the league + playing conditions. He should be better for that experience.

Barring injury or a cameo send off at the back end of the season I'd expect Matty may have played his last A league game. How he takes that might determine if he stays around the squad or gets paid out. Considering he's probably hoping to transition in to life post football with some involvement in the club I would hope he's a voice of reason and leader off the pitch rather than starting a mutiny.

pjennings

Just on Matty. As the players went in at half time Matty stayed behind to encourage Birraz as he came in. I think that sought of thinking of a teammate should be something we would be keen to keep around the club post football

Michael

Just on Matty. As the players went in at half time Matty stayed behind to encourage Birraz as he came in. I think that sought of thinking of a teammate should be something we would be keen to keep around the club post football

I’d be more than happy for matty to stick around in the back ground of the club. Not sure if he has any interest in coaching at any level but maybe the club can help him with that or a community role they gave kwas and browny for a bit. Always been a huge advocate of keeping long serving players either local or have come and fallen in love with the coast, involved in the club. Helps keep a very good culture.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb