• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Which has imo on many occasions meant that Matty is the softest target for an insecure or inept referee to hit whenever they’re scared of losing control of a game.
I agree with what you’re saying, the problem is once a perception is there you have to work so much harder, be that much better to have any hope of reversing it so it’s only going to snowball for him. I think going forward handing over the arm band is the best way to put some distance on his reputation.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah....it's amazing how there are other players who play dirty and constantly berate the ref yet aren't treated as poorly as Simon. Look at Muscat when he played - he was a coward yet every ref was intimidated by him.
There is clear bias against Simon. We've all watched him cop 2 handed pushes repeatedly with no action.
Simon needs to be smart enough to realize this and change his approach. But he isn't doing that.

FFC Mariner

Bollocks - remember the "soul of our club" celebrating wildly in front of the Cove after scoring against the club he loves? I do. He should never have been re signed and has underwhelmed ever since. Add his terrible discipline and he is simply a liability.
The clubs marketing about him is nauseating
Him and Judas are tarred with the same brush - used the club at its lowest ebb to milk us of 2 salaries that should have gone to players who would have helped us.
Sooner he goes the better

Michael

Bollocks - remember the "soul of our club" celebrating wildly in front of the Cove after scoring against the club he loves? I do. He should never have been re signed and has underwhelmed ever since. Add his terrible discipline and he is simply a liability.
Him and Judas are tarred with the same brush - used the club at its lowest ebb to milk us of 2 salaries that should have gone to players who would have helped us.

Foxsports jumping on that band wagon is even more nauseating. Robbie slater literally stated in the derby pre game “Matt Simon will be crucial coming off the bench”
WHAT
THE
F^CK

scottmac

Suspended
Yep. 100% Spot on.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Absolutely complete concurrence

Pirate Pete

Funnily enough I was talking to a bloke at work on Monday.
I suggested that someone should go up to Matty, put their arm around his shoulder and say.
"Matty, remember how Cisse retired mid season last year? Well it's like this.........."

Coastalraider

Funnily enough I was talking to a bloke at work on Monday.
I suggested that someone should go up to Matty, put their arm around his shoulder and say.
"Matty, remember how Cisse retired mid season last year? Well it's like this.........."

But remember how we didnt actually replace Cisse - and just banked the wage?? And Golec?

Im all for it - but the main driver is its because we need to upgrade. If theres no upgrade, theres no point.

Pirate Pete

But remember how we didnt actually replace Cisse - and just banked the wage?? And Golec?

Im all for it - but the main driver is its because we need to upgrade. If theres no upgrade, theres no point.
I'm not sure we actually banked the wage for Cisse.
He was made coach of the under 14's or something wasn't he?
At the moment anything would be an upgrade on Simon. As previously stated by others, he's a liability.
Golec's wages probably went on a nice unit overlooking the beach at Terrigal for the two Sheffield United lads.

Last edited:

Michael

Cisse wasn’t replaced because sleazy mike was in charge.
Going off Staj’s current form in the market.. matty would be adequately replaced.
I mean aside from getting in a high quality striker just yet, which I don’t see as a blight on Staj more so charlesworth, his only average signing has been Majok?
Dylan Fox was kind of an emergency signing and he’s now a 1st choice player.

Just quietly what happened with Mr Cisse? Did he last long with the 14s?

midfielder

Just sharing thoughts on Matty...

I think he is the perfect example of that player that plays for one or two seasons to long and what was an excellent reputation becomes somewhat soured.

Then last chance for some big money before going back to the pick and shovel is always a big motivator...

However, if you want to continue your career then arguably coaching is the direction you take, and when your reputation is it place ... study for your coaching certificates and use your name to coach academy sides and built from there... Or maybe sports administration so get into the office and learn how to do the job of a membership manager as an example... Or even use your reputation to become a player agent or maybe do some media work...

Me thinks at times players are very poorly advised by agents wanting to get what they can out of a player and put people in sides where they very often close doors that may otherwise have been open to them...

pjennings

As a player from East Gosford that I assume played for Coasties he is probably suited to managing/improving the links between the Association clubs, CCF, CCUFC, CCMA, NSM and CCMFC. With teams in the three tiers of the NPL as well as the HAL there is no better time to get the development pipeline unclogged.

FFC Mariner

You go a long way to "un clogging" the pipeline when you stop coaches signing all the players they know from other clubs. Is Majok really better than anyone in the development pipeline?
No.

Forum Phoenix

I don’t begrudge Matty at all like some. Didn’t like him going to Sydney or celebrating against us. But I got over that a long time ago

He’s not up to HAL standard anymore, and so with his aggressive style of play - I agree -probably puts him on the liability side of the ledger. BUT, he’s always given his all for us, so for mine will always be worthy of respect and gratitude. To say he’s used the club at its lowest ebb is just way too mean spirited I think.

turbo

I don’t know how anyone could hold it against him when they probably wouldn’t be willing to walk away from that kind of money in a short career. It’s not on him it’s on whoever made the deals and approved them, same for weemac. Any issues aren’t from a lack of effort more so a failed vision and dramatically underestimating the level required to be competitive.

Wombat

Easy target for ................i wont be unkind so i will not finish the sentence.
I cant believe some people would suggest that a player in the twilight of his career should have knocked back a tasty 2 year deal or should walk away early.
For me he is a Coastie legend and i wont join in with your weak bullshit.
I have already stated that none of our 3 strikers are good enough for a starting spot and i'm pretty sure staj is clearly aware of that. I'm sure Pikey put pressure on him to make do with what he had in the deluded hope that 1 of them might do the business.

marinermick

Agree with Wombat in our strikers being an easy target.

For this who follow Kake Morrow in Twitter he posted some interesting data this week on the team not creating enough chances and strikers being fed in the wrong areas.

The data was open to interpretation but the way I read is that the midfield and Staj must share some burden on what is happening in our front third, not only the strikers.

And if you say we are creating enough chances and the strikers are not finishing them off, then this is just not true. They are the least fed strikers in the league.

Forum Phoenix

Agree with Wombat in our strikers being an easy target.

For this who follow Kake Morrow in Twitter he posted some interesting data this week on the team not creating enough chances and strikers being fed in the wrong areas.

The data was open to interpretation but the way I read is that the midfield and Staj must share some burden on what is happening in our front third, not only the strikers.

And if you say we are creating enough chances and the strikers are not finishing them off, then this is just not true. They are the least fed strikers in the league.

Yeah that’s the thing about stats...

You can’t feed a non run and our strikers movement is sub par at best. Nor can you play the ball in to the wrong position - well you can... there are many times I’ve seen our mids get in behind and play a ball to no one or the wrong spot because there is no obvious right spot, which has to be determined by the strikers run unless there is a strong understanding already. Not saying the final balls in couldn’t be improved. I’m sure they can. But I think it's clear our midfields link play, movement and game intelligence, is far superior to our current forward lines.

Furthermore once fed, our strikers have been missing gilt edge chances.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred