• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

SuperHans

He played in 23 games last year and got plenty of game time, just not not in his preferred position.
Hmmm, you are right. BTW if an adjustment to HAL from NPL is needed, I wonder how playing him out of his preferred position helps. Surely it would be easier to make that adjustment in his preferred role? I just hope that Murray and the new lad get the chance to play as strikers where they have excelled to date.

Forum Phoenix

Hmmm, you are right. BTW if an adjustment to HAL from NPL is needed, I wonder how playing him out of his preferred position helps. Surely it would be easier to make that adjustment in his preferred role? I just hope that Murray and the new lad get the chance to play as strikers where they have excelled to date.

Yeah happens to too many young Australian strikers imo. Clubs can’t take the risk of not having a proven striker but see the talent and stick them on the wing. Which typically doesn’t do anyone any favours.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Exactly ! How many “unknown “ strikers with some quite astounding stats get stuck on the wing somewhere and then get flicked for not producing ?

neverwozza

To be fair I reckon it is the best position for Bernie and perhaps Trent.

We even gave Skapetis a go out there.

Yeah Bernie and Trent both have pace so not a big adjustment for them. Even when Bernie was sent out as one of two strikers for us he would still drift out wide to receive the ball. Poor old Josh Bingham though was square peg in a round hole - I'm not sure what the managers where thinking trying to play him as a winger.

garlo

Berisha mutually terminated by Hiroshima. He’s a prick but at least he would be our prick.

His last season dip in form was worrying but for the right price and with his attitude to perform I would be keen

Insertnamehere

Berisha mutually terminated by Hiroshima. He’s a prick but at least he would be our prick.

His last season dip in form was worrying but for the right price and with his attitude to perform I would be keen
Is that you Besarts agent?
No Fkn way do we want him.

Forum Phoenix

I think he could go either way. Have a great comeback year. Or be another terrible Mariners no idea signing. So much would depend on his headspace and fitness.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think he could go either way. Have a great comeback year. Or be another terrible Mariners no idea signing. So much would depend on his headspace and fitness.
This. I'd take him. I mean, we all hate him...but can't deny that he brings a lot to his team. He's the sort of player you love to hate, but he doesn't dive (anymore), doesn't really go out to hurt anybody, doesn't do anything too problematic. Could be the sort of player that can really help guide younger ones too.
But, he is definitely on the downhill slope.

nebakke

This. I'd take him. I mean, we all hate him...but can't deny that he brings a lot to his team. He's the sort of player you love to hate, but he doesn't dive (anymore), doesn't really go out to hurt anybody, doesn't do anything too problematic. Could be the sort of player that can really help guide younger ones too.
But, he is definitely on the downhill slope.

He's literally been let go from two clubs for punching his fellow players in the mouth, he's tried to get it going at least twice that I can think of in the A-league... Something something scorpion and the frog... keep him the f**k away :(

Reactions: adz

turbo

He could be a great pickup or completely rubbish, it all depends on how much we would have to spend (risk) and what his expectations of minutes are. Im pretty sure he’s got his citizenship now so not a visa player. If he’s expecting big bucks and a locked in starting spot I don’t think even we could offer that and we have the weakest striker situation in the league. But if he’s willing to play off the bench and you want a proper super sub to break open a game under pressure I’d back him over Matty any day.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred