• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Insertnamehere

For a reason imo.

My guess is Sainsbury will do everything he can to stay in Europe for a while or at the least head to Asia for a better paying gig before coming home again.

Mile though... hard to know. Be a terrific signing and would be easily one of the best CB’s in the league if we deployed him there. But might head to Asia for a pay day too.
Japan wouldnt be bad for Sains.

midfielder

Just sharing some thoughts...

Like many others on the forum, we understand the need for a sense of balance in a team....

When I look at AS I see a coach from his time as a national coach who has a deep understanding of structure and matching players to structure.

When I look at our midfield hand on heart not the other thing we have an incredible structure and something I have not seen since Arnold.

To explain...

Number 6, i.e. the defensive mid who can defend organise and create for those in front in Kim we have this.
Number 8 i.e. the box to box mid who can drop back and defend, organise, run at a defence and link with those in front and behind in Duric we have an this.
Number 10, i.e the attacking midfielder who will fall back if needed but can both run at a defence and create, in DDS we have this.
Numbers, 7 & 11, i.e. the wide mids or wingers, who can both run at players, pass, show for the ball etc in Oar & Silvera we have this.

As subs on the side we have Nisbet Melling, Shabow,

Another aspect in Duric, DDS, Oar & Silvera we have proven goal scores meaning far less pressure on the striker and more incentive for our striker to hold the ball...

Me thinks AS if he is still looking for a striker will want a striker who can play back to goals as we can score across the midfield positions.

HHHMMMM or maybe it's bias and rose tinted glasses...

Coastalraider

Just sharing some thoughts...

Like many others on the forum, we understand the need for a sense of balance in a team....

When I look at AS I see a coach from his time as a national coach who has a deep understanding of structure and matching players to structure.

When I look at our midfield hand on heart not the other thing we have an incredible structure and something I have not seen since Arnold.

To explain...

Number 6, i.e. the defensive mid who can defend organise and create for those in front in Kim we have this.
Number 8 i.e. the box to box mid who can drop back and defend, organise, run at a defence and link with those in front and behind in Duric we have an this.
Number 10, i.e the attacking midfielder who will fall back if needed but can both run at a defence and create, in DDS we have this.
Numbers, 7 & 11, i.e. the wide mids or wingers, who can both run at players, pass, show for the ball etc in Oar & Silvera we have this.

As subs on the side we have Nisbet Melling, Shabow,

Another aspect in Duric, DDS, Oar & Silvera we have proven goal scores meaning far less pressure on the striker and more incentive for our striker to hold the ball...

Me thinks AS if he is still looking for a striker will want a striker who can play back to goals as we can score across the midfield positions.

HHHMMMM or maybe it's bias and rose tinted glasses...

Stop it Middy.

I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked in so easily this time....

midfielder

I got behind the paywall

Brisbane Strikers ace on trial with Central Coast Mariners
AUGUST 13, 2019Brisbane Strikers goal-scoring machine Andy Pengelly is gunning for an A-League contract with the Central Coast Mariners.

The Courier-Mail has learnt that Pengelly, the scorer of 46 goals this season – including a record 36 in the NPL Queensland competition – is in Gosford this week trialling with the Mariners.

The 22-year-old marksman netted for the Strikers in their FFA Cup round of 32 success against the Wellington Phoenix last Wednesday night at Perry Park.

The Strikers advanced to the Cup round of 16 via penalty shootout after scores were locked at 2-2 at the end of extra-time.

Strikers gun Andy Pengelly.
Pengelly was subsequently rested from the Strikers’ 3-0 NPL Queensland weekend loss to the Gold Coast Knights.

It’s expected Pengelly will be back in action for the Strikers on Saturday night when they host Olympic FC at Perry Park.

“He’s got great potential,” Strikers coach Owen Baker last month said of Pengelly.

“He can score goals, he’s got the right attitude, athletically he’s good, so I’d love to see him get a chance at a higher level.”

" dir="ltr" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 67); font-family: "Adobe Garamond Pro", Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", "Droid Sans", "Helvetica Neue", "PingFang SC", "Hiragino Sans GB", "Droid Sans Fallback", "Microsoft YaHei", sans-serif, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Brisbane Strikers goal-scoring machine Andy Pengelly is gunning for an A-League contract with the Central Coast Mariners.

The Courier-Mail has learnt that Pengelly, the scorer of 46 goals this season – including a record 36 in the NPL Queensland competition – is in Gosford this week trialling with the Mariners.

The 22-year-old marksman netted for the Strikers in their FFA Cup round of 32 success against the Wellington Phoenix last Wednesday night at Perry Park.

The Strikers advanced to the Cup round of 16 via penalty shootout after scores were locked at 2-2 at the end of extra-time.

0efc7d819c806ec86cdfe0de01bf0900

Strikers gun Andy Pengelly.
Pengelly was subsequently rested from the Strikers’ 3-0 NPL Queensland weekend loss to the Gold Coast Knights.

It’s expected Pengelly will be back in action for the Strikers on Saturday night when they host Olympic FC at Perry Park.

“He’s got great potential,” Strikers coach Owen Baker last month said of Pengelly.

“He can score goals, he’s got the right attitude, athletically he’s good, so I’d love to see him get a chance at a higher level.”

Wee-mac

I think the squad is coming along nicely, but I’m not sure the young Brisbane player is the best option. 2 relatively inexperienced NPL strikers didn’t work out well last year. You can argue, bring him in and hope he develops, but do we have the capacity to do this at the moment?

What is our current squad numbers?

localpom

I'd love to see him play for us, but we signed an NPL record breaking striker LAST year and he spent most of the season on the bench. It may be better for him to go to a club that will actually play him.
In fairness, last year was him getting accustomed to pro football and develop. This is Muzza, yes? This year is a better gauge to see if the time spent on him is worthwhile as he should get more time on the pitch. Same with Pengelly. If they both turn into gun players we have recruited 2 good strikers at a good age for minimum output.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred