• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

offtheball

I'd love to see him play for us, but we signed an NPL record breaking striker LAST year and he spent most of the season on the bench. It may be better for him to go to a club that will actually play him.
Hopefully a new coach will make a marked difference with who plays and who sits on the bench.

turbo

Picking up another young striker when we have Murray and Majok on the books doesn’t make a lot of sense to me if we subscribe to the theory that we’re looking for a visa striker. That puts the line 4 subs deep with the likelihood we only play a single striker. The only way I see that working is we commit to one of the young blokes starting them and backing them to have an impact. It also means that it will be practically impossible to give Matty minutes and develop our talent.

Ads

Doesn’t make sense for this year.

However,
Could be very smart setting up for next year and year after.

As well as possibility of maybe Murray or him scoring some goals than selling one, or simply early preparation for when 2/3 of them are off contract so we can develop now and maybe spend more to secure future midfield and fullback and work out way forward.

Picking up another young striker when we have Murray and Majok on the books doesn’t make a lot of sense to me if we subscribe to the theory that we’re looking for a visa striker. That puts the line 4 subs deep with the likelihood we only play a single striker. The only way I see that working is we commit to one of the young blokes starting them and backing them to have an impact. It also means that it will be practically impossible to give Matty minutes and develop our talent.

JoyfulPenguin

Hope you're OK Middy.

By the way has anyone heard from Joyful Penguin?
The last time he went AWOL he had a heart problem I think.
Back in hospital unfortunately, got to have more surgery and have minimal access to the internet. Hopefully be back conversing with you all soon.

turbo

However, Could be very smart setting up for next year and year after.

That's a fair point. We have Murray until the end of 20/21 but if we were to get a new player on say 2-3 years it could be a smart play. I could also see us extending Majok mid season if Staj is happy with him. If transfer fees and a second division are on the horizon it could be smart to lock up some talent early as long as we feel like we can give them the time they'd need to develop and be happy at the club. Restarting the develop and sell pipeline would be a great step towards our ongoing viability.

Coastalraider

I guess this means no Marko Markovski??

No intel at all, but given we have been linked to x2 strikers in teh UK this week id be farily confident we are loking for a Visa triker - whether that ends up being MArkovski I have no idea.

I dont think the young bloke from Brissy is being looked at for the same position on the roster.

localpom

Doesn’t make sense for this year.

However,
Could be very smart setting up for next year and year after.

As well as possibility of maybe Murray or him scoring some goals than selling one, or simply early preparation for when 2/3 of them are off contract so we can develop now and maybe spend more to secure future midfield and fullback and work out way forward.
I think it would be for a more mid term view. If Matty is gone after this season, and Muzz, Pengelly and Majok develop well we are set for strikers for the next few years.

Reactions: adz

Ironbark

I'm happy to get another young gun - provided it's not a last second cover for the visa striker options falling through.
This may be our reality though. If it is we are still better off than we were last few seasons.

Forum Phoenix

I'd love to see him play for us, but we signed an NPL record breaking striker LAST year and he spent most of the season on the bench. It may be better for him to go to a club that will actually play him.

He played in 23 games last year and got plenty of game time, just not not in his preferred position.

What club is that? If you can’t get on at the Mariners you’re not getting on anywhere.

TysonP

No intel at all, but given we have been linked to x2 strikers in teh UK this week id be farily confident we are loking for a Visa triker - whether that ends up being MArkovski I have no idea.

I dont think the young bloke from Brissy is being looked at for the same position on the roster.
I spoke to some staff at the Weston game and they confirmed we won't be signing Markovski.

Big Al

It’s a vision signing and at worst we are just having a look. Could just be a chance to get to the front of the Que for next season.

Really Aussie strikers are wear it’s at when you don’t have money for top notch imports.

Give him time to adapt over a season but also put pressure on the current batch.

I have no problems in us picking up strikers like this. He has also had a phenomenal season so showing he is better than QLD NPL level.

We could farm him out to Wolves or Manly or Apia to replace Murray for a season to see how he goes then bring him in next season (don’t see it happening but would be smart)

pjennings

That's a fair point. We have Murray until the end of 20/21 but if we were to get a new player on say 2-3 years it could be a smart play. I could also see us extending Majok mid season if Staj is happy with him. If transfer fees and a second division are on the horizon it could be smart to lock up some talent early as long as we feel like we can give them the time they'd need to develop and be happy at the club. Restarting the develop and sell pipeline would be a great step towards our ongoing viability.

There is also talk of a reserve grade competition to replace the NYL. Is he part of that?

Big Al

Back in hospital unfortunately, got to have more surgery and have minimal access to the internet. Hopefully be back conversing with you all soon.
Stay strong brother. It’s a very hard time emotionally and physically but keep pushing. Positive thoughts lead to positive outcomes. Worst case it’s only preseason anyway :overheadl: but I’m sure you missing your VIC NPL.

Your probably not feeling up to the concentration anyway but those little dongle things are pretty good to get an Ipad running or just use the mobile.

Even if you just come on and talk utter gibberish you’ll be just like the rest of us :p

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred