• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners selected for Socceroo squad

neverwozza

------------Galekovic-------------
M.Thompson-Moore(c)-Vargas-Jamieson
----------Reid-Mckay--------------
-A. Thompson------Pondeljak-----Zullo-
--------------Allsop----------------

Drop Celeski, Cole and Heff (how did he make the squad???) off the bench

serious14

Alicia said:
Surprising no sackwacker?

Poor form this season.  4 goals and one assist versus the multitude of goals from Simon, Allsopp, and Archie.  Plus, he's only 6.8% as hard as D-Mac.

dru

serious14 said:
dru said:
Hyphen, seriously? you do remember him playing for the olyroos? get Vargas in surely and push one of the defenders wide.

Oh, I do.  I was there.  It was awful.

I also recall the manager in question was Graham Arnold.  Said f*ckwit deployed our mate Hyphen into the No. 10 spot.  :fireup:    Given a chance in his PROPER SPOT I reckon he'd go alright. 

Vargas would be fine, but Cornthwaite and Moore together bring the height - a big time advantage over SE Asian nations.

The olympic qualifier in Newcastle, he played in the back line there didn't he. know he was woeful that game it may just be that he didn't know where he was supposed to be.

Alicia

serious14 said:
Alicia said:

Poor form this season.  4 goals and one assist versus the multitude of goals from Simon, Allsopp, and Archie.  Plus, he's only 6.8% as hard as D-Mac.

6.8% .....  you're being very generous james

serious14

Alicia said:
serious14 said:
Alicia said:

I am a generous person - anyone who's ever asked me for Coke will attest to that.

;D

Sym

I wouldn't let out that You supply coke Serial
We could all end up in a lot of shit ;)

finally retired

dru said:
serious14 said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--------------------Galekovic-------------------
Jamieson-----Moore--------Cornflakes----Hyphen
Elrich---------Pondeljak------Reid-----------Zullo
----------------D-Mac-----Thompson-----------

Yay, nay??  Having said that, Pim has been talking about established combinations a lot, so perhaps Archie and Allsopp will start together and have Tommy feeding them??

Quite why Heff is within light years of this squad is beyond me, but the rest of it looks quite good.

Hyphen, seriously? you do remember him playing for the olyroos? get Vargas in surely and push one of the defenders wide.

Shakes head hyphen.
I'm with you.....Hyphen is useless....he shouldn't be anywhere near an A-league team let alone the national team....I am soooooooooooo glad he's joining the Jets next season.....and not a proper A-league team...like what we've got  :p

Bear

almost retired said:
I am soooooooooooo glad he's joining the Jets next season.....and not a proper A-league team...like what we've got  :p

Snatch7.jpeg

"wat, proper f**ked" ;)

Alicia

serious14 said:
Alicia said:
serious14 said:
Alicia said:

I am a generous person - anyone who's ever asked me for Coke will attest to that.

;D

ahhh.... .true...  but tbf, I steal the coke :D

dru

Sym said:
I wouldn't let out that You supply coke Serial
We could all end up in a lot of shit ;)

I always wondered why bozza didn't recieve any abuse from serious, now I know.  ;)

serious14 said:
I also recall the manager in question was Graham Arnold.  Said f*ckwit deployed our mate Hyphen into the No. 10 spot.   :fireup:    Given a chance in his PROPER SPOT I reckon he'd go alright.  

You do realise that Arnold is in charge for this match as Pim is serving the first of a three match sideline ban.

dru

Guns of Melbourne said:
dru said:
You do realise that Arnold is in charge for this match as Pim is serving the first of a three match sideline ban.

I knew Arnold was in charge, but not about the ban. What was it for/when?

Is regarding the last Asian Cup, when we was coach for Korean Republic, in the last match against Japan he got sent off.

Paolo

dru said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
dru said:

Is regarding the last Asian Cup, when we was coach for Korean Republic, in the last match against Japan he got sent off.
along with just about everyone else on the coaching staff

MattSimon

keensy said:
dru said:
Guns of Melbourne said:
dru said:

along with just about everyone else on the coaching staff

Pim's a hard ass

Guns of Melbourne

Seems like Pim is going for 2 up front. Maybe a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2

Despite putting my Melbourne bias aside for a moment, it will be Archie & Allsopp that start. I'd like to see Matty Simon come on as a sub and probably drop D-Mac from the bench.

Galekovic will be in goals (it would be a crime for him not to be). Probably Vuko on the bench and Theo dropped.

I'd expect it to be a pretty defensive lineup.

-----------------------------Galekovic---------------------------------
-Elrich------------Vargas----------------Moore---------------Jamieson-
------------------------Reid----------Celeski---------------------------
--Cole----------------------------------------------------------Zullo--
-----------------------Archie----------Allsopp-------------------------

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members