• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners selected for Socceroo squad

From the dug out

Sean Francis Lacy said:
Good work guys!

Where did you get this from?

Inside job.

Not sure why it's not common knowledge yet?....Waiting for it to be on footballaustralia website.

Squad of 21, which will obviously go back to 18 for the bench. Heard that they are taking the 21 with them though? could be wrong

Kareem

From the dug out said:
Danny, Matty, Dylan and wait for it.............Hef!

28th January v Indonesia

It's a funny game, we play. ???
Well i did want Heff
I knew Heff would be a bit off his game after coming back from a 12 month injury but was still hopeful he would make train on squad...
but 'a bit off' is an understatement- oh well, hopefully this is the spark + motivation he needs!

loyalist

Danny ALLSOPP Melbourne Victory
Billy CELESKI Melbourne Victory
Shannon COLE Sydney FC
Robert CORNTHWAITE Adelaide United
Tarek ELRICH Newcastle Jets
Eugene GALEKOVIC Adelaide United
Dean HEFFERNAN Central Coast Mariners
Scott JAMIESON Adelaide United
Dylan MACALLISTER Central Coast Mariners
Matthew McKAY Queensland Roar
Craig MOORE Queensland Roar
Tom PONDELJAK Melbourne Victory
Paul REID Adelaide United
Matt SIMON Central Coast Mariners
Michael THEOKLITOS Melbourne Victory
Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory
Matthew THOMPSON Newcastle Jets
Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY Perth Glory
Rodrigo VARGAS Melbourne Victory
Danny VUKOVIC Central Coast Mariners
Michael ZULLO Queensland Roar

Deej

Heff? Mmmmmm all I can say is season 1 and his stint in Germany must have stuck in the selectors minds.....he's been average at best this season.  Well done to Matty and Dyl, well deserved, I can't see Danny getting a game thou.

serious14

forzamariners said:
Danny ALLSOPP Melbourne Victory
Billy CELESKI Melbourne Victory
Shannon COLE Sydney FC
Robert CORNTHWAITE Adelaide United
Tarek ELRICH Newcastle Jets
Eugene GALEKOVIC Adelaide United
Dean HEFFERNAN Central Coast Mariners
Scott JAMIESON Adelaide United
Dylan MACALLISTER Central Coast Mariners
Matthew McKAY Queensland Roar
Craig MOORE Queensland Roar
Tom PONDELJAK Melbourne Victory
Paul REID Adelaide United
Matt SIMON Central Coast Mariners
Michael THEOKLITOS Melbourne Victory
Archie THOMPSON Melbourne Victory
Matthew THOMPSON Newcastle Jets
Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY Perth Glory
Rodrigo VARGAS Melbourne Victory
Danny VUKOVIC Central Coast Mariners
Michael ZULLO Queensland Roar

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

--------------------Galekovic-------------------
Jamieson-----Moore--------Cornflakes----Hyphen
Elrich---------Pondeljak------Reid-----------Zullo
----------------D-Mac-----Thompson-----------

Yay, nay??  Having said that, Pim has been talking about established combinations a lot, so perhaps Archie and Allsopp will start together and have Tommy feeding them??

Quite why Heff is within light years of this squad is beyond me, but the rest of it looks quite good.

brett

Where the f**k is Travis Dodd? Has he scored an international transfer? That should explain the absence of Ruka and Og.
Musialik > Celeski
Surely Cole's glow has worn off by now, Kossie won't even start him.
A couple of inspired choices in Tommy P, Matt Thompson but plenty of ?s too - Heff, being one with Celeski, Cole and Topor-Stanley for me (although these guys are a lot younger than Heff).

Galekovic

Cornthwaite Moore Vargas Jamieson

Reid          McKay
Simon                              Zullo
                      Archie
              D-Mac

A couple of variations (Tarek for Corny, Pondeljak/Matt Thompson for Matty, Allsopp for D-Mac possibly) but that's pretty close to what we're looking at. Goes to show a lot of the best players have either left or are foreigners this season.

Sean

Deej said:
Heff? Mmmmmm all I can say is season 1 and his stint in Germany must have stuck in the selectors minds.....he's been average at best this season.  Well done to Matty and Dyl, well deserved, I can't see Danny getting a game thou.

Galekovic has it in the bag surely.

Bear

serious14 said:

Only changes id have is Vargas in for Cornflakes, and McKay in for Reid

And GOD im glad that waste of space Dodd is not in, cant stand him

serious14

Sean Francis Lacy said:
Deej said:

Galekovic has it in the bag surely.

You'd hope so, he's been on fire this season.

Seems the squad has a lot of fitness freaks in it - your full 90 minutes kinda player.  Considering the conditions we'll be playing in (ludicrously hot, even more so with the humidity, and then there's the crowd factor), I think Pim might be after a 'solid' performance as opposed to a flair oriented one.  Suck them in with the experience at the back, then murder them on the counter with pace (Archie, McKay, Zullo) - or a cleverly held up long ball (D-Mac) for said pacey players to then run off them.

Couple of hard nuts in there as well, give the Indo's a touchup early on - we all know how Asian teams just _love_ Australian tackling (although the ref is from Syria - we'd want to be careful).

P.S.  Bear - I'd spring McKay in the second half when they're a bit tired - the experience from Reid for the first hour wins out I reckon.

dru

serious14 said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yay, nay??  Having said that, Pim has been talking about established combinations a lot, so perhaps Archie and Allsopp will start together and have Tommy feeding them??

Quite why Heff is within light years of this squad is beyond me, but the rest of it looks quite good.

Hyphen, seriously? you do remember him playing for the olyroos? get Vargas in surely and push one of the defenders wide.

Shakes head hyphen.

serious14

dru said:
Hyphen, seriously? you do remember him playing for the olyroos? get Vargas in surely and push one of the defenders wide.

Oh, I do.  I was there.  It was awful.

I also recall the manager in question was Graham Arnold.  Said f*ckwit deployed our mate Hyphen into the No. 10 spot.  :fireup:    Given a chance in his PROPER SPOT I reckon he'd go alright. 

Vargas would be fine, but Cornthwaite and Moore together bring the height - a big time advantage over SE Asian nations.

Mariner Girl

Great news for our guys. Shaking my head about hyphen though.
Equally shaking my head about Travis Dodd.

As for Heff, just goes to show if he wasn't chopped by the Blingers he probably would have been well and truely in the socceroo squad much earlier.

Guns of Melbourne

Knowing Pim and the formation he likes, I'd like to see like this

------------------------------Galekovic---------------------------------
-Elrich-----------------Vargas------------Moore---------------Jamieson-
------------------Celeski--------------------Reid-----------------------
---Archie----------------------Thompson------------------------Zullo---
---------------------------------Simon----------------------------------

Unfortunately, shitkents like Topor-Stanley/Cornflakes/Cole will probably get nods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred