• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

Forum Phoenix

Melling, Ziggy, Murray and clisby are being because of “general soreness”
Majok is sick apparently.
Silvera and DDS have been lively according to ccm twitter.
What about sun? Wonder why Lee is only playing 30 still also. Obviously going slowly with Oar too.

turbo

The probably cannot play the Cup so giving others more minutes in their legs, that is my guess.
Even if they're not sure it makes a lot of sense. The listings for each half showed Ingham and Nisbet getting a full game which is good as they could both be needed. Is this really CCM with forward planning and making sensible decisions?

Does anyone know where Ingham played? At the back like the Manly game or as a more traditional winger (where I think we should be using him) ?

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Dont think Staj plays with traditional wingers does he?
Against Manly the fullbacks played as high pressing wingbacks and allowed the 2 wide midfielders to either come inside or overload.
How and where Oar plays will be interesting too

Pirate Pete

Even if they're not sure it makes a lot of sense. The listings for each half showed Ingham and Nisbet getting a full game which is good as they could both be needed. Is this really CCM with forward planning and making sensible decisions?

Does anyone know where Ingham played? At the back like the Manly game or as a more traditional winger (where I think we should be using him) ?
Ingham played on the wing in one third of the Manly game. He was on the grandstand side and I thought he did OK.
Others weren't so positive. Then he moved to the back on the other side of the pitch and I really didn't take much notice.
I was wondering if he was at the back as a trial for when Ziggy gets sent off for a perfectly timed sliding tackle.
Or when Rowles gets a red, which is pretty inevitable at some point in the season.

I would imagine that as part of referee preseason they'll be practicing how to spell Ziggy.

turbo

I was wondering if he was at the back as a trial for when Ziggy gets sent off for a perfectly timed sliding tackle.
I'm pretty happy with Staj looking at his options and asking those questions in preseason so we can see if there's any gaps we need to bring someone in to fill even if thats with a junior player as a backup. It seems we're ok for left backs between Rowles and Clisby but are a bit thin with GG, Tongyik and Ziggy to cover 2x CB and 1x RB especially if Rowles is playing left back. We either need another CB or a RB that can step in if needed, the new triallist Abdelrahman Kuku (thanks to Elite for finding a name) is an ex NYL CB and was in the US on a scholarship from last year.

Michael

It’s honestly just nice to have a normal, professional pre season happening.
And that thought shouldn’t ever be in a fans mind.

marinermick

Seems like there are plenty of players being rested because of soreness. Let’s hope conditioning is based more on science rather than just smashing the players.

Reactions: adz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I would imagine that as part of referee preseason they'll be practicing how to spell Ziggy.
Well, that, and how to make sure the WWC zero tolerance on keeper encroachment will only ever apply to CCM.
And the penalties the aforementioned Ziggy gives away when he gets sent off for perfectly clean tackles.

Seems like there are plenty of players being rested because of soreness. Let’s hope conditioning is based more on science rather than just smashing the players.
Agree. Makes me a little worried - why are players too sore to play? What is going on there?

Insertnamehere

If they are sore they are being asked to do more than their bodies are used to. The only difference between a smashing and science is the periodisation.

Insertnamehere

Well, that, and how to make sure the WWC zero tolerance on keeper encroachment will only ever apply to CCM.
And the penalties the aforementioned Ziggy gives away when he gets sent off for perfectly clean tackles.

Agree. Makes me a little worried - why are players too sore to play? What is going on there?
Its preseason mate. IMO they can do alot more than they have been asked to so far.

pjennings

I'm less worried. - firstly because we're more than 2 months from the start of the season. almost and secondly because this 'soreness' is allowing Staj to try out different players in different positions (after all isn't that what pre-season is about). That said - if Clisby or Murray are to be involved it may well be off the bench since they have zero competitive minutes in their legs..

Last edited:

MrCelery

A couple of observations from last night...

Tommy Oar ran riot in what looked like an advanced midfield position. Very sharp and committed, and importantly, injury free.

Our #17 (couldn't catch his name, but a small nuggety frame) ran his heart out and was committed to every tackle. Took a couple of heavy knocks that required attention, but never gave up.

Looked like plenty of traditional wing play, but also some very crisp interchanges through the middle too.

Not sure who the very tall black dude was in the central defence, but he was very calm and poised and distributed well. Have to say he was rarely under any real pressure though.

We will definitely have a height issue, with only a few tall players involved. Matt Simon looked like a giant surrounded by midgets!

Some lovely goals. I especially liked that we were prepared to have go from distance, not just try to walk it into the net. two cracking goals that way.

I left thinking we are well prepared for the FFA Cup if we play like we did in the final 2/3rds of last night's match.

turbo

Not sure who the very tall black dude was in the central defence, but he was very calm and poised and distributed well. Have to say he was rarely under any real pressure though.
Sounds like Tongyik, he's 6ft tall and quite dark skinned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred