• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Look out Riley Morton’s on for South Hobart...he was on the goal of the year video for this season in the Tas PL

BrisRecky

Lol at the constant calling of Shabow as Shabbo....although can’t disagree

BrisRecky

Can Melling EVER hit a pass to someone in the same shirt as him...missus says he only got re-signed cause his little fella is cute as

Corsair

any info on how they scored? I feel like we really should be keeping a clean sheet against these state league teams...
We were dicking about passing it around in our 6 yard box, hospital pass from keeper to defender who's touch was poor and they pounced. When will we learn. This play out from from the back crap catches us out eventually every time. Not a strategy I'm keen on.

Reactions: adz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We were dicking about passing it around in the box, hospital pass pass from keeper to left back whites touch was poor and they pounced. When will we learn. This play out from from the back crap catches us out eventually every time. Not a strategy I'm keen on.
That's even worse.
I was hoping somebody was going to say we were experimenting with all our reserve backs and they made a mistake....but no, instead it sounds like they did something that even the U/8 team I used to coach knew not to do.

So far most of the goals we've conceded have looked like they could have come anywhere out of the last 3 years. And that IS a worry. If we can't fix the amateur hour stuff at the back, it won't matter that we don't have a striker. I have high hopes in Ziggy.

Forum Phoenix

Every time I see Nisbet I am impressed.

Best prospect since Amini. :thumbup:

Calmest most consistent footballer on the park tonight. Kept our team cohesive. So arrely mishits a pass or makes a bad decision. Covers. Played through balls. Literally made his first actual error in the 79th minute. Incredible. Great game. He's ready for HAL.

I'm no longer feeling optimistic about Majok.
Weemac was pedestrian again.
Our finishing is flattered by Matty's flurry.
Esposito was excellent for first half, then looked out of gas and started to make errors.
MIller very good till his horror touch in the box.
Clisby was good.
Oar was good.
Fox was average.
Matty was poor first half but played very well in the second. However Fullham is dead right. The way he succeeded tonight will not happen in the HAL.
Throw GG, Ziggy, Silvera, Kim, Duric and DDS in and I think we'll be competitive. But I have to say, I'm still not finding us convincing. And thhink we still need that injection of quality up front.
At least we have a decent keeper at last.

Forum Phoenix

That's even worse.
I was hoping somebody was going to say we were experimenting with all our reserve backs and they made a mistake....but no, instead it sounds like they did something that even the U/8 team I used to coach knew not to do.

So far most of the goals we've conceded have looked like they could have come anywhere out of the last 3 years. And that IS a worry. If we can't fix the amateur hour stuff at the back, it won't matter that we don't have a striker. I have high hopes in Ziggy.

The play was fine, just an individual error by Miller.

I worry about over playing out form the back too. But against this opposition, we should absolutely be looking to keep the ball. That said, if I was coaching Hume, I'd be all about sitting deep and then picking key moments to press and try to capitalise on a Mariners mistake.

Ironbark

All our attacks came from crosses, too, and were mostly covered by SH. A HAL team would have laughed off our attacks of the last two games.

marinermick

We really haven't played our first eleven all season so it is difficult to gauge progress.. Nice that players are getting miles under their belts but I expect Staj will start honing in on a preferred XI nearing the start of the season when everyone is available.

Pirate Pete

The play was fine, just an individual error by Miller.

I worry about over playing out form the back too. But against this opposition, we should absolutely be looking to keep the ball. That said, if I was coaching Hume, I'd be all about sitting deep and then picking key moments to press and try to capitalise on a Mariners mistake.

Look on the bright side of the error by Miller.
In previous seasons we'd have been one nil at that point.
He would have lost the ball, dragged the player to the ground. Giving away a penalty, getting sent off and suspended for a week.
We would have been down to ten men and gone on to lose 5-1.
I'd like to think they learn from that and we won't be seeing any stupid balls from keeper to defender against better opposition.

Jacob

Haven't seen anyone mention anything about Skotadis? I thought he looked alright, considering he hasn't played many minutes with any of the boys before.

joe bailey

What would Sth Hobart be compared to here in NSW? NPL3 level? tbh don't see us doing any better than last season! and the one before that etc. etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred