• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Pre Season 2022

priorpeter

So direct clash with the the League One Grand Final if the Academy make it, unless they play the GF on Sunday which is a possibility.
As you would probably know, the family day was scheduled for the same weekend that reason. Shame the academy couldn’t for get the job done last week as that would have made for a huuuuge day at CCS.

Last edited:

Rising Sun

As you would probably know, the family day was scheduled for the same weekend that reason. Shame the academy couldn’t for get the job done last week as that would have made for a huuuuge day at CCS.
Could have been a huge day - but instead is potentially turning into a bit of a mess with the family fun day / pre-season game competing against both the final day of the junior comp and possibly a double GF appearance for the Academy boys.

Not the first time recently that something that probably sounded like a great idea in the original email could probably have benefited from being worked through a bit more before going all in.

Wombat

Yes, but I was thinking of the books. That rather picaresque quote is in Sharpe's Trafalgar. Excellent book.
I was given a box set of the series but didn't get around to watching it. I will definitely sniff out the books. Thanks for the tip.

JackMariner

Could have been a huge day - but instead is potentially turning into a bit of a mess with the family fun day / pre-season game competing against both the final day of the junior comp and possibly a double GF appearance for the Academy boys.

Not the first time recently that something that probably sounded like a great idea in the original email could probably have benefited from being worked through a bit more before going all in.
Yes it is a double grand final for us, 1sts and the U20s. 1st grade dispensed with North tigers(purrrrr) and yes a shamozzle for whoever scheduled family day, my money is on A league derriere polishing bureaucrats.

priorpeter

Yes it is a double grand final for us, 1sts and the U20s. 1st grade dispensed with North tigers(purrrrr) and yes a shamozzle for whoever scheduled family day, my money is on A league derriere polishing bureaucrats.
Shamozzle is harsh in fairness - imagine how big it’d have been to have academy at CCS too! Yet to be seen where the academy GF will be but we’ll find out very soon…

Allreet?

I was given a box set of the series but didn't get around to watching it. I will definitely sniff out the books. Thanks for the tip.
If you like historical fiction, Bernard Cornwell is the master. Reading the Sharpes series for the first time is one of life's great pleasures. Sorry for sidetracking the thread.

Go you mighty Yellows!

JackMariner

Shamozzle is harsh in fairness - imagine how big it’d have been to have academy at CCS too! Yet to be seen where the academy GF will be but we’ll find out very soon…
Contact at FNSW is letting me know early next week! 2 Grand finals should be at Pluim Park but hey CCS would be awesome, but I am terribly biased! Real incentive to poleaxe Melbourne Covid City!

AJames

Contact at FNSW is letting me know early next week! 2 Grand finals should be at Pluim Park but hey CCS would be awesome, but I am terribly biased! Real incentive to poleaxe Melbourne Covid City!
Can’t see it being at home unfortunately.. surely a neutral venue in Syd or Penthurst Park.

priorpeter

First grade didn’t win hosting rights so Pluim is next to no chance for them. It will most likely be at VSP. I should know tomorrow.

priorpeter

Can’t see it being at home unfortunately.. surely a neutral venue in Syd or Penthurst Park.
St George have the hosting rights, but it won’t be at Penshurst. They wanted to play at Kogarah but it’s already booked. They were offered Lily’s but turned it down. The most likely outcome at this point will be Valentine Sports Park, but not locked in just yet.

FFC Mariner

Igguldon is rubbish. I've only read his Ghengis Khan series but it was a struggle to finish. In contrast I've read the entire Sharpe series about eight times. Story telling of the highest order.
His Caesar series was the best. Never really hit those heights again

JackMariner

First grade didn’t win hosting rights so Pluim is next to no chance for them. It will most likely be at VSP. I should know tomorrow.
https://competitions.footballnsw.com.au/ Bah humbug!!!! How the hell does first in grand final achieved by U20s warrant this pack of poo tickets venue. Edensor Park hell you better take your bullet proof vests.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred