• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Pre Season 2022

Big Al

Looking like Dougie might not even make the starting side this year which after 10 goals since his arrival is interesting. So far Ayongo has been starting all the games and they haven’t been used together. They don’t look like they will play together like he did with Marco.

He looked lively but he can’t play anywhere else but ST. Not sure We are wanting to go with two strikers with our our wingers looking good and Rhus looking to be the hybrid winger striker

For you young ones do some googling and you’ll understand the Dougie name

Tevor

Looking like Dougie might not even make the starting side this year which after 10 goals since his arrival is interesting. So far Ayongo has been starting all the games and they haven’t been used together. They don’t look like they will play together like he did with Marco.

He looked lively but he can’t play anywhere else but ST. Not sure We are wanting to go with two strikers with our our wingers looking good and Rhus looking to be the hybrid winger striker

PP mentioned in his commentary that he was being rested for this game having played 90mins against Broadmeadow. Last night was a very experimental game and I don’t think too much can be taken from it. Storm played about 4 positions last night. Also we haven’t seen many pre season games. I see him using Ayongo similar to Marco as he does create chances. CD to lead the line.

Wombat

PP mentioned in his commentary that he was being rested for this game having played 90mins against Broadmeadow. Last night was a very experimental game and I don’t think too much can be taken from it. Storm played about 4 positions last night. Also we haven’t seen many pre season games. I see him using Ayongo similar to Marco as he does create chances. CD to lead the line.

JD will definitely be starting as our 9.

midfielder

What are the odds of Kucevski chucking a Farrell this seasons and breaking out as our starting RB come round 1? (and subsequently Aquilina chucking a Smith and being signed with the intention of starting only to be trumped by a youth player)
Be brilliant

Rising Sun

Give yourself an uppercut Michael. Kaltak was MOM. Quick, reads the game, can tackle and passes the ball like Dutchy.
Silvera did well but a few mistakes but looks like he is going to be useful this season. Ruhs was excellent.
Both Fullbacks had good games. Aqualina has redeemed himself. Ballard was solid.
I was also very impressed with Kelechi John's cameo.
I like what I see of Kaltak but might be a bit OTT to put his passing on the same pedestal as Dutchy at this stage.
Silvera has exceeded my expectations for his work rate and attitude. HIs finishing has been spot on. Really excited by Ruhs. Does he remind anyone else of a younger Matty Simon - will be a realhandful to defend against with his combination of pace, strength/physicality, determination and work rate.

Disagree that Aqualina has redeemed himself. I think he has been decent attack wise, especially when he has played on the right, but where redemption is required (after the Sydney game) is defensively. He has done nothing wrong defensively in the last 2 games but not been stress-tested enough to call it a redemption.

In fairness he was also badly let down by those around him in the Sydney game, but that is a strength of Kuzlevksi's game is that he is vocal - and smart - in organising his RW, right-side DM, and others around him when needed. Aqualina seemed quiet in that regard when I was on the sideline on Sunday. Obviously still a young bloke, there is plenty of potential there but if R1 was tomorrow then I would be picking Kuzlevski.

I will also hold my hand up on Roux. I didn't want him resigned - because I thought we had 2 youngsters (behind Aqualina) in J Bayliss (who seems to have been released) and Kuzlevski who were ready to be given an opportunity. I stand by that, but Storm could be a useful bench option / squaddie with the versatility and form that he is showing

Rising Sun

I say this as a sincere and genuine comment, not just to be kind and polite to one of our own, I though both commentators were outstanding last night and worked really well together, and actually added value to the broadcast. It was as good as anything I have heard - including the "pros" on Fox, P+, BeIN, Optus Sports etc - for a long while. (I am usually at Pluim Park for the academy games so don't get to listen to how Pete goes on his own).

This coming from a grumpy old git who has a low irritation threshold for anyone gibbering on top of a football match I am trying to watch, and many times to the extent of hitting the mute button.

Michael

Give yourself an uppercut Michael. Kaltak was MOM. Quick, reads the game, can tackle and passes the ball like Dutchy.
Silvera did well but a few mistakes but looks like he is going to be useful this season. Ruhs was excellent.
Both Fullbacks had good games. Aqualina has redeemed himself. Ballard was solid.
I was also very impressed with Kelechi John's cameo.

I complimented him mate! Hahaha
He did look good, the passing was a personal highlight. Stings the ball in to his team mates. Just saying I’ll wait and see a few more games.

the biggest thing for Silvera is that he shows willingness to work hard and not go missing (like he has had a tendency to do in the past) he did that last night. Promising signs already.

Michael

I say this as a sincere and genuine comment, not just to be kind and polite to one of our own, I though both commentators were outstanding last night and worked really well together, and actually added value to the broadcast. It was as good as anything I have heard - including the "pros" on Fox, P+, BeIN, Optus Sports etc - for a long while. (I am usually at Pluim Park for the academy games so don't get to listen to how Pete goes on his own).

This coming from a grumpy old git who has a low irritation threshold for anyone gibbering on top of a football match I am trying to watch, and many times to the extent of hitting the mute button.
Couldn’t agree more, Pete gave great insight about our club and the other bloke did the same about the Canberra region.

Big Dog

I will also hold my hand up on Roux. I didn't want him resigned - because I thought we had 2 youngsters (behind Aqualina) in J Bayliss (who seems to have been released) and Kuzlevski who were ready to be given an opportunity. I stand by that, but Storm could be a useful bench option / squaddie with the versatility and form that he is showing
James is still recovering from shoulder surgery a few months ago and working towards fitness. He is still in and around the squad as far as I can tell.

Tevor

Spot on, they worked very well together and made it enjoyable to watch. Should have been advertised so much more than a last minute it's on NPL TV. I've only started watching NPL TV the last few months and wish I had started earlier. It's a really good football fix in the long off season. It's been great watching the NPL finals as well with so many close games and pen shoot outs and seeing snake O'Donovan miss out on the GF. It's going to be really interesting to see how the academy go next season and it will no doubt be great preparation for players looking to step up into the A League.

Back on topic, Pete does very well by himself which is not easy and in my opinion speaks better than most of the commentators. Also I chuckle at his comments like "who will find the keys to open this one up" or something along those lines. Keep it up Pete and you can tell you enjoy doing it which makes the difference.

Rising Sun

James is still recovering from shoulder surgery a few months ago and working towards fitness. He is still in and around the squad as far as I can tell.
I hope you are right.

Dumb error on my part, I looked on the squads page on the clubs own website, why would anyone expect that to be a reliable source of who is in the squad <insert sarcasm emoji>

Hong, Bulic, Kuzevski, Kalisevic and Tapp are listed so I assumed they have been given scholarships but who knows. Bayliss wasn't listed

JoyfulPenguin

Spot on, they worked very well together and made it enjoyable to watch. Should have been advertised so much more than a last minute it's on NPL TV. I've only started watching NPL TV the last few months and wish I had started earlier. It's a really good football fix in the long off season. It's been great watching the NPL finals as well with so many close games and pen shoot outs and seeing snake O'Donovan miss out on the GF. It's going to be really interesting to see how the academy go next season and it will no doubt be great preparation for players looking to step up into the A League.

Back on topic, Pete does very well by himself which is not easy and in my opinion speaks better than most of the commentators. Also I chuckle at his comments like "who will find the keys to open this one up" or something along those lines. Keep it up Pete and you can tell you enjoy doing it which makes the difference.
Second this, Pete is a fantastic commentator and knows his stuff, often far better than most of the guys Paramount and Fox have dished up.

Paramount should have him for their next age group Internationals broadcast. The guy they got last time didn't even know how to pronounce the players' names let alone know about their careers.

Corsair

What are the odds of Kucevski chucking a Farrell this seasons and breaking out as our starting RB come round 1? (and subsequently Aquilina chucking a Smith and being signed with the intention of starting only to be trumped by a youth player)
The second part looks highly likely to me at this stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred