• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners home final in Sydney

Troy

If CCM were to play Sydney in the Grand final it would be stupid on FFA's half not to put it at
SFS wouldn't it?
I agree with the whole "they deserved it" thing but the FFA needs money to develop the growth of the A-league and Australian football in general. Besides international matches, including SFC Vs Galaxy, this would be there biggest income puller.

If you play anyone besides Sydney, play at your home ground, sounds a bit bias coming from a sydney fan, but it is the right idea.

The only two teams that could possibly sell out ANZ would be Sydney vs Victory.
No way would any other two teams sell out 80,000 at this point in time.

rosko

Surely if there is a Coast v Sydney Final, it would be held at Telstra, not the SFS... They may not fill Telstra, Im sure they will get more than 40000 there though... We still have to get there though guys...  :pirashoot:

Lloydo

Half-filling the Telstra Stadium with 40,000 won't be as effective as completely filling the SFS. The atmosphere of a packed house vs the atmosphere of a half-filled one.
If the FFA believe over 45,000 will attend the match, then it'd definately be a better idea to play at Telstra Stadium, to fit more people in and to get more of a profit from ticket sales. But if you remember the first Grand Final at the SFS, the stadium was packed (I sat on the stairs for the whole match), and the atmosphere was great.

serious14

So if it's Mariners vs. Sydney (which it won't be, Sydney won't even make the finals, let alone the GF, so this debate is pointless) GF, would that mean that the Marinators get Bays 23 - 26??  Because that's the Home End at the SFS is it not??

pjennings

If we qualify first I want it at BlueTongue. The rules on the HAL site says:-

The winner of the Major Semi Final (A1-2), will have the option to host the Hyundai A-League Grand Final, subject to venue availability.

This seems pretty unequivocal. If the FFA force a move it seems to cut across the community built club that Lyle and his team are building.

pjennings

I believe the FFA take the gate receipts from the final series. If the FFA want to move it then surely the Mariners should be recompensed with a decent percentage of the increased gate. Most Mariners supporters could probably live with that - if a lot of the money came back to the club and not the FFA. 

P

Pete

pjennings said:
I believe the FFA take the gate receipts from the final series. If the FFA want to move it then surely the Mariners should be recompensed with a decent percentage of the increased gate. Most Mariners supporters could probably live with that - if a lot of the money came back to the club and not the FFA. 

From what I've been told, the Finals series and the GF are put on by the FFA irrespective of which venue they are held at. The Home and Away Semis are even put on by the FFA, which is why there are sometimes different seating arrangements, even for the home side's supporters.

The $$ for these Finals and GF are all taken by the FFA and then there's a split to all 8 HAL clubs. So the Mariners and Sydney, playing in the first GF, got only the same share as the other 6 clubs. Same, I believe, happened when Melbourne packed out the Telstra Dome last GF. Spoils went to FFA and then they split it up with the 8 HAL clubs. Don't know if there's prizemoney for actually participating in the Semis or the GF, from that revenue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred