• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners home final in Sydney

adz

Staff member
skilbeck said:
Thats melbournians for you they flock to their public events regardless of how shit they are, a lot of them would probably turn up to the opening of a letter if you did it in the MCG. .....

and is that such a bad thing? ;D

skilbeck

adz said:
skilbeck said:
Thats melbournians for you they flock to their public events regardless of how shit they are, a lot of them would probably turn up to the opening of a letter if you did it in the MCG. .....

and is that such a bad thing? ;D

TBH id rather go to the opening of a letter than the AFL GF

Omni

I think Stadium Australia would sell out for an AFL Grand-Final even in its Olympic Mode IMO. I'd go, even if the Crows weren't in it.

Like I said, I'm torn, Grahame Park deserves the final should CCM qualify, if Sydney FC don't make it (which I don't think they will) that eliminates my big issue with moving it to Sydney, but they'd have to guarantee season ticket holders, sponsors and corporates the same rights they would have at Gosford, including signage for me to really support this.

If we followed Auburn's idea I'd have no issue at all, but it needs to be just one rule, the moves to Subi were something Perth Glory decided, not something forced on them. Gate and the like is not a debate as the Grand Final is an FFA event.

brett

CCM-JAM80 said:
I can see the "big picture" argument that the FFA will argue though can also see our very own "big picture" argument for the Central Coast.

I have been apart of this club since day one (like many of you no doubt) and if we are fortunate to play in our second Grand Final and we earn the right to host the event, I can see a certain sell out and yet another shot in the arm for our club on the Central Coast.

A home Grand Final would attract even more members for next season and see us continue to grow on the Central Coast where one day I envisage packed home games.

Our own bigger picture is something I had not thought of until this and it's a very good point. Home Grand Finals for any club would be a great way to lock in a certain amount of support for that region. You could see this really being the case on the Central Coast. The same as Melbourne's brilliant crowds this season (still almost double what anyone else gets), we could go on to 15,000 crowds every week in the future if given the opportunity to harness the Grand Final opportunity.

The FFA would be hoping this success gets shared around (proof: salary cap) so in a way, moving our Grand Final away would be a season wasted in this regard.

I don't agree that the FFA is trying to move all Grand Finals to Sydney and Melbourne...as others said they won't move it interstate under the current system although bigger grounds in Adelaide and Perth would be used.

Also, for what it's worth, I believe a Mariners vs Qld GF for example would sell 60,000+ at ANZ.

- If Beckham can sell the joint out on a weeknight, we can go close on a weekend.
- The 8,000 odd tickets we got to the Sydney GF sold out super quick. After building the support for a further two years, I could see 20,000-30,000 Coasties down there.
- The Sydney boys would come in massive number to cheer for us, or against us,, or just to be there.

B

bakery5

who in sydney would go to a Mariners Vs Queensland final? except for the mariners fans that live in sydney

djebella

bakery5 said:
who in sydney would go to a Mariners Vs Queensland final? except for the mariners fans that live in sydney

I reckon quite a lot of the Cove would, but they'd sit in a neutral zone and pretend they weren't Cove people.

B

bakery5

djebella said:
bakery5 said:

I reckon quite a lot of the Cove would, but they'd sit in a neutral zone and pretend they weren't Cove people.

True, but would someone who has been to a few sydney Fc games go to the game. If you played the game in Gosford, you would sell the place out, just like the semi-final against Newcastle.

serious14

This is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarkin' buuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllshhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit........

Central Coast Stadium or nothing.  F*ck the FFA, we would have _earned_ a home final.  We've got a toilet seat to win.    :naughty:

The Camel

If the Mariners got a home GF the only way the crowd would be a sell out at Blue Tounge was if the Opposition were the Jets or Sydney as their supporters would fill up the stadium.

djebella

The Camel said:
If the Mariners got a home GF the only way the crowd would be a sell out at Blue Tounge was if the Opposition were the Jets or Sydney as their supporters would fill up the stadium.

And here come the scum trolls  ::) :headbutt:

The Camel

djebella said:
The Camel said:

And here come the scum trolls  ::) :headbutt:

Whatever, I live in Queensland and hoping the Galaxy will get a start next year, Im just stating the obvious

brett

Another point is that Socceroos fever will be catching on again around that time, elevating football to the top of the interest pile. Hence people such as the 80,000 who went to see Beckham will want to go the to A-League Grand Final.

bobandbill

The Camel said:
You serious??? Even Mariners v Perth Grand Final at Bluetoungue would sell out.

I personally would like the Grand Final at Bluetougue, even if one could fell another stadium in Sydney. I mean, isn't that the whole point - the winner of the major semi gets the right to host the final? Kinda going back on the agreement if the FFA say otherwise... not to mention how'd it'll look to coasties if it happened.

Firstly, let's get there.

bikinigirl

. should be in Gosford ONCE we earn the right

. members must be looked after first and foremost - if they move the location, free seats for members would be a good idea (we've earned it as well and obviously don't want to travel)

. bidding for the GF is flawed as there will only be a couple of destinations that could/would bid successfully and will often be held away from home supporters - i am not interested in the spectacle i am interested in supporting MY team

. when it is held in Gosford we'd better pray it doesn't rain ....

northernspirit

Yeah i hate to think of it moving to sydney to accommodate a mariners v sydney grand final and immediately giving away the home ground advantage, that stinks of unfairness and could even go so far as to say bias towards SFC. If we are good enough to make the top 2 and then win on aggeregate then it must be at Bluetongue no matter who the opposition. If that doesnt happen ill seriously consider a petition on the FFA

kevrenor

northernspirit said:
Yeah i hate to think of it moving to sydney to accommodate a mariners v sydney grand final and immediately giving away the home ground advantage, that stinks of unfairness and could even go so far as to say bias towards SFC. If we are good enough to make the top 2 and then win on aggregate then it must be at Bluetongue no matter who the opposition. If that doesn't happen i'll seriously consider a petition on the FFA
NS, give it up ... budget fc will not be there!  ::)

Sean

imagine the train to stadium australia for a mariners vs newcastle grand final. rough.

northernspirit

kevrenor said:
northernspirit said:
Yeah i hate to think of it moving to sydney to accommodate a mariners v sydney grand final and immediately giving away the home ground advantage, that stinks of unfairness and could even go so far as to say bias towards SFC. If we are good enough to make the top 2 and then win on aggregate then it must be at Bluetongue no matter who the opposition. If that doesn't happen i'll seriously consider a petition on the FFA
NS, give it up ... budget fc will not be there!  ::)
haha i agree

marinersman

One of the unique and beautiful things about Football in Australia is that the team who is first into the GF gets hosting rights unlike the egg ballers. It is only fair and right that this happens, surely there has to be an advantage for the fist team there.

This could set a very dangerous precedent for the future. Let's say for instance next year the sheep lovers and the tards qualify for the GF with the sheep lovers earning the right to host the GF. Then the FFA turn around and say your grounds not big enough for the event, what happens then? There's no way in the world it would be transferred to the Olympic Stadium or Testra Dome. I know it's probably an absurd proposition to suggest but it's the same principle.

It doesn't matter a bugger the size of our stadium, if we earn the hosting rights it should be at BT. End of story.

I know at the end of the day we may have no choice but I can't see anyone in the front office willingly agreeing to give up home advantage. Sydney, tards or Roar wouldn't have to and nor should we. We should never be penalised for the size of our stadium.

After all it was the FFA who granted our licence in the first place and therefore our ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred