• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Financial Crisis in the Daily Tele

cbowden9000

just posted to look at my profile pic

<3

316330_10150355790577282_603577281_8623417_2109027612_n.jpg

localpom

It's as simple as he wanted to play overseas, so get near a million now or get nothing later.
Australia is simply small time

Yep, i agree. We have done well out of this though the timing could have been better. It will be a few years if at all when the A-league isn't a talent pool for Asia and Europe though the good news is the pool is deep and we will do well out of it. Simply not realistic that we will hang on to our very best players(if they want to move on). Money and ambition talks.

We'll be ok. We are developing lots of excellent young talent and if the COE takes off......

One thing i would hate is a takeover by a w***er like Palmer.

As a passioniate fan, am trying to encourage more people along to games and promoting the league.

pjennings

You can read any number of things into it but I thought it was one of the more balanced responses to the Palmer circus. I know some here don't like Peter Turnbull -but as he said - "they are the ones in reality that are fronting the bills on a daily basis". The way I read it is Peter Turnbull is becoming increasingly frustrated in trying to keep the club running but also seems to be saying that he still has commitment to the game and the region.

It's clear the owners want more say - that's been said from before Archie Fraser's time. Apparently headway is being made but too slowly for the owners.

As Lowy inferred the other day - we are running at a comparively small deficit. If the new TV deal goes as planned that will turn into a small profit - with or without more investment, but that is now being threatened. Look at what Turnbull has had to go through. He almost has the Bakries signing up - only the FFA to get past and suddenly the deal becomes the FFA and the Bakries for Brisbane.

This time he lines up Russian investors - with Western Sydney agents. Clive comes along, trashes any goodwill running into the new media deal, buries his own club and raises the spectre of Western Sydney just when the investors are talking to the FFA -potentially threatening both ways out for the club - the new TV deal and another investor being scared away or wooed to bankroll western Sydney.

scottmac

Suspended
The fact that the talks he has had with potential investors always goes to the FFA then no further should not be lost on anyone. The stumbling block may not be entirely of PT's making. He may be wanting something that the FFA will not agree to. Otherwise if PT was the stumbling block and the investors don't agree with his wishes for the club why send them to sit with the FFA at all?

What is it, 7% owned by the FFA?

The FFA may also be saying "look we will ensure your immediate survival but for the good of the game we need this investment elsewhere, here Bakries have 70% of the Roar cause we can't keep them afloat for as little as it will cost us on the coast." Or in the case of the Russians "start your own new team with the largest pool of young players in the country while the mariners survive by other means cause we desperatly need this team started now."

Its not like there pissing anyone off, we have a small supporter base compared with others and seem to be willing to accept things for what they are. FFS, the only people on here with purported inside knowledge are either too scared to out the supposed truth or don't know it in the first place like they think they do.

yellowcake

This bit of PT's statement :-[ :headbutt:
This episode is damaging the game I love, and that we have invested so heavily in emotionally and financially. It goes without saying that this episode has a detrimental effect on the large investment that we have been negotiating to bring to the sport for the last two-and-a-half months," Turnbull's statement read.

midfielder

From the news on GA today ...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/239038,graham-arnold-stays-at-mariners.aspx

Arnold is believed to have negotiated a substantial payrise from the Gosford club to stay, although not as much as Sydney were offering - and a better budget to bring new players to Bluetongue.

It's believe the club has found new cash backing to allow them to hold on to Arnold and put their recent cash worries behind them

pjennings

As long as that is right I will be happy - if not we will be selling players just to stay afloat again.

Forum Phoenix

This thread makes for a good ol chuckle now.

Ironic and not surprising that it's now been revealed that the most detrimental thing to our continuing financial development was in fact plamers throwing our league into turmoil and disrepute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred