• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners and Van Stratten

Kanagawa

442 have an "Exclusive" (lol) saying we've had informal talks with him, also a bit about Kwas at the end

Lawrie Hopes Jess Says Yes

Jon Ritson
Jun 23 2008 18:52

EXCLUSIVE: Jess Vanstrattan has held informal talks with Central Coast Mariners manager Lawrie McKinna and the Bluetongue boss admits he'd love to have the Italian-based keeper on board.

Number one Danny Vukovic is facing a lengthy ban and the Mariners have just released second choice keeper Matthew Trott.

McKinna is on the lookout for another quality keeper and while Vanstrattan is one of several options being examined, his Central Coast links make him an attractive target.

The Gosford-born 25-year-old has several friends in the Mariners squad and met up up with the players for a recent training session.

The keeper's last outing on Australian soil was for Juventus in last month's pre-season friendly against Melbourne Victory but last week he was invited to join the Socceroos for training as they prepared for the China game.

McKinna told au.fourfourtwo.com today: "Jess is a Central Coast boy and he's friends with a few of the boys here such as Dylan MacAllister and Andrew Clark.

"He came along to a session to catch up with the boys and I managed to have a chat with him as well.

"I believe his contract with his club is up and he said he was keen to play in Australia. He's certainly a name that's of interest. There are a few we're looking at."

However, McKinna said Mark Bosnich was not one of those options despite recent speculation.

Whether it's Vanstrattan he lands or not, McKinna wants a fit goalkeeper with some games behind him.

He said the outgoing Trott had been unfortunate with injury but neither he nor youngster Andrew Redmayne had enough game time under their belts at this point.

Meanwhile, McKinna confirmed to au.fourfourtwo.com that he expected to see Adam Kwasnik move on to Wellington Phoenix.

He said: "His contract had been updated here but nothing had been signed.

"I believe Wellington have made him a very good offer. We won't stand in his way. Adam has been a great servant here."

Ursus

If they do sign Vanstrattan, and if it is for more than a year. I would see it as an indication that they are prepared for Danny to move on. There is no sense in having a top quality keeper sitting on the bench.

I suspect Vanstratten if interested in playing in Australia would be looking for a solid contract. We are probably only offering 6months or a year at most.

I guess he may sign short term if he doesn't get a better offer.

jaypee

I understand we tabled an offer for 12 months. Jess at his age may look at it as a way back into the reckoning for Representative honours however I would be holding out for 2 years if I were him.

I agree that if Jess signs its a good indication that Danny is gone - probably to sheffield....

Jesus

Jesus
jaypee said:
I understand we tabled an offer for 12 months. Jess at his age may look at it as a way back into the reckoning for Representative honours however I would be holding out for 2 years if I were him.

I agree that if Jess signs its a good indication that Danny is gone - probably to sheffield....

He wants more, but may take 12 months and sign with GC the following year.

FFC Mariner

If we dont sign another keeper, Redmayne will have to start.

Bear in mind that he is about the same age as Danny in V1 when he had to step in for Crawley and has played as many HAL games as Danny had (none).

It worked out fine with Danny and if Redders has to stand in, I dont think he will let us down.

Bear

Greenpoleffc said:

I got no prob with that, he has played quite well so far for us.

Iv heard rumours of a young keeper in State League, could possibly be good for the future if it comes off..

marinermick

Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:

Iv heard rumours of a young keeper in State League, could possibly be good for the future if it comes off..

nash has been going great guns at apia

would be a good pickup IMO

Bear

marinermick said:
Bearinator said:
Greenpoleffc said:

nash has been going great guns at apia

would be a good pickup IMO

Iv heard another name...

Arabmariner

Greenpoleffc said:

Bear in mind that he is about the same age as Danny in V1 when he had to step in for Crawley and has played as many HAL games as Danny had (none).

It worked out fine with Danny and if Redders has to stand in, I dont think he will let us down.
As you say Redmayne is pretty much in the same boat as Danny in V1.He needs to be tried sometime and if it works out he would be a cheaper option than signing a more experienced keeper.Then all we would need is a young up and comer as backup.
Much happier going with this option than I was with Trott.

Deej

mariners4ever said:
anyone got any idea who would be next in line:

-bosnich
-filan
-nash
-some guy from state comp

I reckon it's more likely we'll pick up a state league keeper, Redders has looked composed in pre-season Lawrie might be interested to see how he goes?

I'd rather Filan over Bosnich personally if we were to pick up a named keeper, but given we start in a few weeks IMO it's too late, let's put our efforts into a young keeper (Redders or a NSWPL prospect)

Time will tell anyway

Jesus

Jesus
Id say a nswpl keeper will be the option. Hopefully the extra money will go to an attacking mid or another cb

Jesus

Jesus
My dad told me today on 2bl, i think, he just heard mckinna saying that we are looking at 2 keepers for a guest role. One being VS. Dad did not say the other, or if mckinna said who the other was. Did anyone hear this and know who else?

marinermick

JVS appears to be heading overseas.

With Danny only suspended for five games I think we can rely on Redders or put in a guest keeper.

Rather spend that money in the cap on a stopper and a attacking midfielder.

With Owens likely to be out all season and Stringers perhaps needing an operation we are looking thin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred