• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners and Van Stratten

Jesus

Jesus
My sources tell me we have offered a guest contract to the juve keeper.

He has recieved offer from a few clubs overseas, and interest in australia, and is willing to take a bit of a pay cut to play in australia to get in front noticed for the roos.

He would be a great player for the mariners i think Having been understudy to the greatest keeper in the world.

He also in my opinion symbolises what the mariners are about. A local lad who has played overseas, at the biggest club of any australia player.

But i wonder why we are only offering him a guest stint?

Danny, if he wins his appeal and goes to the olympics may never play for us again. Which would leave us in the same situation with trott and red, whom it seems the coaching staff do not want to relax with.

I love danny, and think he will be a great keeper, but i think with the chance to sign a keeper with the experience van stratten has, being a local, we should be jumping at it.

Even if danny misses the olympics his contract is up at the end of the year and will probably be looking overseas. I think we should be looking more long term replacement.

GC are interested in VS for next season. I would prefer to have him play for us, this season and next, than have him return to europe for a year gain more experience and play for GC against us while we are looking for a keeper to replace danny.

I know alot of ifs about danny. But hutcho got a call up to the roos training camp last year, and lawrie is looking for someone better than him. Kwas now has to try and get past elrich and caceras despite scoring the most goals in the clubs history. I think we should be giving danny a challenge to make it back into the first team, if he returns from the olympics. He will be a better player for it.

skilbeck

good post Jesus, We should sign Vanstrattan but it needs to be long term, as Danny isnt going to be with us forever

~Floss~

Not sure if we could offer him enough to outbid other offers for a fulltime contract.

But yes, it would be perfect if he could come back to the Coast over anywhere else in Oz.

Jesus

Jesus
~Floss~ said:
Not sure if we could offer him enough to outbid other offers for a fulltime contract.

But yes, it would be perfect if he could come back to the Coast over anywhere else in Oz.

We are offering around 90k for the short term. I dont think money is a problem. Plus i have not heard anything about a marquee, so there is that avenue. Plus moving someone like boogs outside the cap with junior marquee.

marinermick

~Floss~ said:

yeah, the salary cap would be an issue if we went for a longer contract

for a guest stint we can pay what we like and not worry about the cap

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
~Floss~ said:

After moving someone to the junior marquee, and also having the full marquee available, i dont think it would be too huge an issue.

marinermick

Jesus said:
marinermick said:
~Floss~ said:

After moving someone to the junior marquee, and also having the full marquee available, i dont think it would be too huge an issue.

hopefully we keep thyat marquee slot open for an attacking midfielder

i reckon we should go after troisi for that junior marquee spot - he is in limbo at the moment

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
~Floss~ said:

i reckon we should go after troisi for that junior marquee spot - he is in limbo at the moment

Agree on both, would be good.
But if AM is marquee, then there should be money for VS?

marinermick

Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
~Floss~ said:

which of the current keepers would you get rid of?

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
~Floss~ said:

which of the current keepers would you get rid of?

Trott. Though he is contracted. Red could be moved to youth squad.

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
the latter would be a more realistic option as lawrie is a pretty loyal bloke

I agree. And think Red will play most of the season in the youth, so not a bad option given his age.

Ofcourse that assumes danny will be here come season start

skilbeck

The only problem would be that another U21 player would need to be signed to the senior squad which makes it harder to drop McAndrew to the Youtn. This is how I see it:

Redmayne out Van Strattan in
McAndrew out D'Apuzzo in
sign U21 Centre back
sign experienced and potentially marquee attacking midfielder
that would leave us with a senior squad of:
Trott, Simon, O Grady, Porter (youth), Hutchinson, Heffernan, Mrdja, Caceres, Macallister, Owens, Clark, Boogaard, Osman, Wilkinson, Kwasnik, Vukovic, Elrich, Petrovski, Jedinak, Vanstrattan, D D'Apuzzo (youth), (U21 Centre Back), (Attacking Midfielder)

Which would be an awesome squad to field. I know its using a squad that consists of the full 23 players, which Lawrie, Lyall or Tobin i think said they wont going to use in 442

is it possible to get an exemption on 1 of the 3 U21's spots in the senior squad if we rotate members from our youth squad into the senior squad weekly as the club has planned or not? or do we have to go with the 3 U21's players and the rotation would be a 4th youth player? if it is the former you can scrap that U21 centre back from the squad and rotate youth players in and out on demand otherwise, the youth players would only be used in the capacity of being an injury cover

Jaza_SFC

You cant just drop a player to the Youth squad.
Youth players are not paid full-time pros. You cant just take Redmayne's living away from him (even if it is the ~$36kpa minimum wage) and make him a youth player because it suits you, you have to honour the contract.

skilbeck said:
is it possible to get an exemption on 1 of the 3 U21's spots in the senior squad if we rotate members from our youth squad into the senior squad weekly as the club has planned or not?

You must have 3x U21s. Youth players can only be called up to first team in the event of injury as injury cover. It's pretty black and white.

Jesus

Jesus
Jaza_SFC said:
Youth players are not paid full-time pros. You cant just take Redmayne's living away from him (even if it is the ~$36kpa minimum wage) and make him a youth player because it suits you, you have to honour the contract.

skilbeck said:
is it possible to get an exemption on 1 of the 3 U21's spots in the senior squad if we rotate members from our youth squad into the senior squad weekly as the club has planned or not?

You must have 3x U21s. Youth players can only be called up to first team in the event of injury as injury cover. It's pretty black and white.

Has red got a conract already for this year? I did not think he had yet.
Also the club could drop his wages, but not have him in line with other youth players easy enough.

Paolo

Jesus said:
Jaza_SFC said:

skilbeck said:

Has red got a conract already for this year? I did not think he had yet.
Also the club could drop his wages, but not have him in line with other youth players easy enough.
there is a minimum salary, which i assume he is already on. They can't just drop his wages.

skilbeck

Redmayne is out of contract this year. They can drop him to the youth team

Also is the youth squad completely unpaid or is it semi-professional?

graaant

I'd have to think it was semi-pro, though I don't actually know.
I wish they'd hurry up and release a bit more info on the Youth League. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred