• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

FFC Mariner

The OSC did approach CCLC about becoming a formal away game venue back in the Walmsley era but they couldn’t have been less interested tbh. All we wanted was a dedicated area to gather and watch the game on a decent screen and even that was too much for them, which is why we ended up at Sidelines that season.

We would be happy to re-open that discussion if I thought that it might lead to a good outcome for fans but that might now only undermine the alternatives that YA and CC16 now have in place at Bay Rd and Baker St.

In all honesty, it staggers me that CCM & CCLC don’t seem to have been able to form a meaningful relationship in 15 years, after all it shouldn’t have been a difficult sell surely? If anything, CCLC almost seems to want to work against CCM and its fans on home game days (limited menu options in the bistro allied to unfriendly match day opening hours for food for instance) and as for away games, it would be the last place I would attend tbh.
Sadly the title gives them away. They are a "leagues club" first and foremost. The thought of sokka being on the coast when the NRL isn't is still a thing for then I suspect.
Let's face it, the place is a dingy 70's shit hole that needs bulldozing.
Exists to suck in people to pour money into their pokies.
As Gosford continues to reinvent itself they will face more competition too.
Gosford RSL is actually somewhere you would want to go and shows what can be done.
Do they do away games?

MagpieMariner

Sadly the title gives them away. They are a "leagues club" first and foremost. The thought of sokka being on the coast when the NRL isn't is still a thing for then I suspect.
Let's face it, the place is a dingy 70's shit hole that needs bulldozing.
Exists to suck in people to pour money into their pokies.
[SNIP]
Exactly true. Wife & I were in there Tues arvo only to escape a bit of the heat before the game. More pokies than I've seen in the past, spread out so that you have to go through them to get to food & drink. Wife asked for previously used (by others before us) food dishes to be removed & table cleaned twice, only got some action when she chucked a tanti and demanded it be done NOW. No hot food available until 6pm, so few people there for the games would have bought anything -- we didn't, we bought our dinner in the stadium. As I've said elsewhere, the only reason I keep my membership is so I can be a member of the Bridge club.

offtheball

First time I’ve been in the Leagues Club for three or four years. Had heard it had been renovated. What a soulless hole.

Shaun Mielekamp

Hey guys, just following on the new CEO at the Leagues club was really good and open to working hard to make the experience better for Mariners fans and members with a view to rekindle the partnership between CCLC and CCM.

I went through some of the challenges from previous seasons and the experiences that have caused us as a club and also you as a fanbase to slowly walk away from the leagues club.

We will be working closely with them on building a strategy and hopefully there are some really positive outcomes that are driven from this before the end of the season.

Happy to bring any suggestions and specifics that you guys might have up with them over the next few weeks. One concept that I would be keen to hear would be to have a post match function at the leagues club after the Brisbane Roar game on the 25th Feb? It would probably be around 8pm but to meet all the players and hear from Staj straight after the match could be a potential function that we put on? Thoughts?

Tim

Hey guys, just following on the new CEO at the Leagues club was really good and open to working hard to make the experience better for Mariners fans and members with a view to rekindle the partnership between CCLC and CCM.

I went through some of the challenges from previous seasons and the experiences that have caused us as a club and also you as a fanbase to slowly walk away from the leagues club.

We will be working closely with them on building a strategy and hopefully there are some really positive outcomes that are driven from this before the end of the season.

Happy to bring any suggestions and specifics that you guys might have up with them over the next few weeks. One concept that I would be keen to hear would be to have a post match function at the leagues club after the Brisbane Roar game on the 25th Feb? It would probably be around 8pm but to meet all the players and hear from Staj straight after the match could be a potential function that we put on? Thoughts?

Shaun Mielekamp

Great idea, Shaun!! Will it be family friendly or adults only?
What would we prefer? Long weekend and 8pm at night, my wife will hate me for it as I know my boys would nag her endlessly to take them over after a win!
It might however be a members only event though?? still in planning phase

Tim

It will be the same for our boys (9 and 11) who would love to come along (if that is possible), cheers

FFC Mariner

Thanks for this

I can't think of any reason to go there pre game. Limited food options in a dingy gambling den when Gosford is opening pleasant new venues (Coast, Bay Rd, Bon, Baker St etc) as a consumer, I don't want to go there.
Post game as a club sponsored event sounds good as it's specific to us.

bikinigirl

One concept that I would be keen to hear would be to have a post match function at the leagues club after the Brisbane Roar game on the 25th Feb? It would probably be around 8pm but to meet all the players and hear from Staj straight after the match could be a potential function that we put on? Thoughts?

. Shaun, maybe this would have been more appropriate after the last match while the YA were advocating a retro round

. for years the club held these functions after every game and it was at these functions that many friendships were formed as fans talked about the match, the performance and the future. but what really made these events special was the interaction with the players when they were willing to have an individual chat (or a beer in some cases) ... these are the things that connect people to the club - and from what i have seen is just another thing, having dropped away, which has 'allowed' people to fall out of love with the club

. so it should be no surprise that i think it is a great idea

... trivial sidenote: it was at one of these post-match functions in season one that a couple of the players labelled me with my forum name

Forum Phoenix

I recall a heated forum debate between myself and dibo over CCLC over a couple of years... early on...

I have always held the opinion it was a leagues club that wanted Norths... dibo always maintained it was a club of leagues and we got treated more than fairly...because of LM and Singo they gave us some tid bits early on IMO but no more.

I also posted we should look to forming some kind of voting block and over time vote on known and supportive Football folk and one day turn the name from CCLC to CCFC ..

Open to suggestions... Forum Phoenix, ADZ, Wombat, all local Football folk with business backgrounds... would make good board members and have CV's to support nomination..

Is it worth forming some kinda special group to take a serious look at getting control of the board... maybe PM' me, which I will share with all that PM me....

Interesting thoughts Middy. Going off what Shaun has said sounds like it might be heading in a good direction at last.

Forum Phoenix

. Shaun, maybe this would have been more appropriate after the last match while the YA were advocating a retro round

. for years the club held these functions after every game and it was at these functions that many friendships were formed as fans talked about the match, the performance and the future. but what really made these events special was the interaction with the players when they were willing to have an individual chat (or a beer in some cases) ... these are the things that connect people to the club - and from what i have seen is just another thing, having dropped away, which has 'allowed' people to fall out of love with the club

. so it should be no surprise that i think it is a great idea

... trivial sidenote: it was at one of these post-match functions in season one that a couple of the players labelled me with my forum name

But being the more sophisticated bunch we are on here, we’ve upgraded to you to BG. :tophat:

Michael

post match functions are awesome especially for the kids.
Years ago they used to be in the bowls club under bay 16. I can’t remember exactly when it was last done, I think it may have been before arnie. But they were brilliant, the players would have their post match meal the coaches answered questions. I was a young lad keen as mustard, has to be said I only managed to get in when we won though and it was first in best dressed for 100 people or so and it was basically just a celebration of 3 points. The players got right amongst the fans once they’d eaten.

bikinigirl

But being the more sophisticated bunch we are on here, we’ve upgraded to you to BG. :tophat:

. haha!
... by 'more sophisticated' do you mean: too polite to say that bikini-wearing is something i should no longer be known for
... by 'upgrade' do you mean: i am now far too old to dream of calling myself a girl

Pirate Pete

. haha!
... by 'more sophisticated' do you mean: too polite to say that bikini-wearing is something i should no longer be known for
... by 'upgrade' do you mean: i am now far too old to dream of calling myself a girl
Are you asking for a name change to middleagedonepieceswimmingcostumewoman?

that is a joke. I've been drinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami