• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

JoyfulPenguin

Good special feature on Mariners backroom staff on tonight's Shootout. You can watch it at 9:30 or on anytime after it finishes.

Reactions: adz

Wombat

More of a reverse swinging arm.....i think forearm. Heff shouldn't have been tugging at him but a bit OTT.

Not exactly a good Muay thai elbow but not very friendly either.

Tevor

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/act-spo...-to-canberra-next-season-20170330-gv9mwm.html

Heading is doubts about our commitment to Canberra as haven't secured any funding.
Also looking at alternative venues

"It was a positive catch up with Capital Football... we had to do a bit of a review as to what went right and wrong from our games in Canberra which were a financial struggle for us.
Pretty sure we all predicted this, fix the team and get management rights to CCM then you don't have to rely on Gov funding. Simples.

pjennings

I'm in a quandary about this. While we have 13 or 14 games at home I would prefer that we play all our home at home.

However, consider this. This year I paid $220 for 11 home games and got entry to 2 derby games at Hunter Stadium. If we go to 12 teams and 16 or 17 games I would suggest that my ticket would go to $320 -$340. My position will be that I will always follow the team - especially at home. The question comes though, what is the tipping point for our members and fans. At what stage does it become acceptable/preferable to play each of the teams at home once (11 games) plus all NSW games based games at home. This would mean 11 games plus games against SFC, WSW, NUJ and maybe Wollongong Wolves or Les Murrays Southern Expansion. If the NSW games were spread evenly that would mean a minimum number of games at home of 13 games out of 16 or 17 games and a likely season ticket of $260.

If we get management rights there will be no need to do this except to broaden our base. Ideally, a situation of strength like that would make our travelling decisions based on whether it is worthwhile from both a business and football sense.

Big Al

I'm in a quandary about this. While we have 13 or 14 games at home I would prefer that we play all our home at home.

However, consider this. This year I paid $220 for 11 home games and got entry to 2 derby games at Hunter Stadium. If we go to 12 teams and 16 or 17 games I would suggest that my ticket would go to $320 -$340. My position will be that I will always follow the team - especially at home. The question comes though, what is the tipping point for our members and fans. At what stage does it become acceptable/preferable to play each of the teams at home once (11 games) plus all NSW games based games at home. This would mean 11 games plus games against SFC, WSW, NUJ and maybe Wollongong Wolves or Les Murrays Southern Expansion. If the NSW games were spread evenly that would mean a minimum number of games at home of 13 games out of 16 or 17 games and a likely season ticket of $260.

If we get management rights there will be no need to do this except to broaden our base. Ideally, a situation of strength like that would make our travelling decisions based on whether it is worthwhile from both a business and football sense.
That's the clubs argument, membership becomes out of reach especially for a family.

Even with management rights I got the opinion they were still looking at other venues for revenue. Shaun talks about not wanting two games in a row.

I'm already at breaking point financially (just life's curve balls) but certainly enjoy the night out. The club is right on this issue and while they get crap for it you can see the rationale. It is more about going somewhere that everyone likes.

I'd like to go to Sydney and WSW games as well but at $30/$40 each it's to expensive, I believe this is also the case for fans of those clubs.

I'd rather a $20 members ticket to away games. So instead of free I'd happily pay $20 to go to all 3 NSW away days and I'd think plenty would come here to.

Wombat

Who else apart from the f**king Mariners would even have this ridiculous discussion.

pjennings

No. And those that do are trying to broaden their base. We are just whores.

My point was the more about the cost involved for a limited base when we go to 12 teams. Our family spent $660 this season and my son can only come if the game corresponds to his weekend off (He pays - not me). At $340 the cost goes to $1020 for the three of us. If you are Sydney or WSW in a city of over 5 million people if somebody drops off because of the cost there are plenty more to churn through. On the Central Coast we don't have that luxury. You burn people here just aren't the people to replace them.

Sure it might work and more people will be prepared to pay for 17 games - but that will only happen when people are turning up for the sparking football - not just the faithful turning up for loyalty at the moment. There is a tipping point.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

he discussed this on the podcast too. He also suggested that this weekend would be a huge crowd and a massive atmosphere if relegation was on the table, and argued that by having more to ride on some games then that helps overcome sponsorship issues of an uncertain league.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No. And those that do are trying to broaden their base. We are just whores.
"trying to broaden the base" is largely what we're doing - and that's largely because the FFA told us we have to. Getting a fair bit of money from them does help the bottom line, no doubt. whores? What a load of rubbish.

Forum Phoenix

My point was the more about the cost involved for a limited base when we go to 12 teams. Our family spent $660 this season and my son can only come if the game corresponds to his weekend off (He pays - not me). At $340 the cost goes to $1020 for the three of us. If you are Sydney or WSW in a city of over 5 million people if somebody drops off because of the cost there are plenty more to churn through. On the Central Coast we don't have that luxury. You burn people here just aren't the people to replace them.

Sure it might work and more people will be prepared to pay for 17 games - but that will only happen when people are turning up for the sparking football - not just the faithful turning up for loyalty at the moment. There is a tipping point.
Great post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred