• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Ancient Mariner

Does anyone still wonder why I cannot take this whole league seriously and see no future?

Corsair

INDEPENDENT DISCIPLINARY & ETHICS COMMITTEE HEARING OUTCOME – MARCELO
Independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee Hearing Outcome – Marcelo
On Wednesday, 12 April 2023, the Football Australia independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee comprising Anthony Lo Surdo SC (Chair), Ben Jones, and Peter Tsekenis (the Committee) convened to consider an incident referred to it, which occurred in or around the 93rd minute of Western Sydney Wanderers FC’s Round 22 Isuzu UTE A-League Men match against Adelaide United FC on Friday, 31 March 2023 (the Match). The incident involved Western Sydney Wanderers’ player, Marcelo Guedes (Marcelo).

On 4 April 2023, in accordance with the A-Leagues Disciplinary Regulations (Regulations), the matter was referred directly to the Committee by the independent Match Review Panel (MRP) as it formed the view that a sanction of greater than four (4) matches was warranted and was therefore required to refer the matter under the Regulations. The MRP had jurisdiction to consider the incident as Marcelo was issued with a direct red card in the Match.

The Committee determined that:

Marcelo must serve a suspension of two (2) A-League Men matches; and
Marcelo be issued with a suspended sanction of a further two (2) A-League Men matches or Australia Cup matches, as applicable, which will be triggered in the event that the Referee issues Marcelo with a direct red card or an indirect red card in any A-League Men match or Australia Cup match (as applicable) up until, and including, 31 December 2023.

This is all about a Sydney team in that stadium. Sooner Townsend goes the better.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I class this as in the "piss weak" category.
The Match Review Panel ,yes the ones who gave Peres 2 weeks for simulation (The only player in the history of the A League to receive such a suspension) thought Marcelo should receive more than 4 weeks.
Instead the Independent Disciplinary & Ethics Committee decide to show no ethics and f**k all discipline and hand out a watered down piss weak ruling.
What a joke!
Those idiots would give a 2 week holiday at the Hilton as a sentence for murder... :popcorn:

Meerkat

Atleast we all saw this coming.

Also it is laughable that they tried to justify it by saying he gets an additional 2 weeks if he gets another red.... As if that is part of the punishment. That's literally the rule.
Exactly… I actually choked on my drink.

style_cafe

Last Thursday 6th Dad (89) was taken to Wyong hospital for tests.
He was airlifted to Gosford later that day for an endoscopy which revealed multiple stomach ulcers & two bleeding duodenal ulcers and airlifted again to Royal North Shore.
I got the news just as I got to Meringandan just north of Toowoomba (12hrs drive)
The doctors there did another endoscopy and decided they had to operate.

We were advised by the doctors to gather the family.

After 3 hours sleep I drove back to Sydney arriving at his bedside at 1am. (15hrs drive)
Hooked up to machines in the ICU, with breathing tubes in his mouth and suction tubes in his nose he was barely alive.
I sat there holding his hand and talking to him.
The only response I got was when I told him the Mariners had beaten Western Utd 3-0, he weakly squeezed my hand.
I took out my phone and played him the highlights package and he squeezed my hand a few times.

I walked back to the hotel my son had booked for me with a glimmer of hope.

When I returned a few hours later he was much the same and clinging to life. The doctors told me to go and get some rest.
I returned on Saturday afternoon and dad hadn`t improved but the nurse had music playing on a monitor.
I asked her if she could get Paramount on the monitor and she said yes.

I got the nurse to raise his bed so that he could see the monitor and I told him I was going to put the game on the monitor and he squeezed my hand.
So I signed in and put the replay of the game on.

When dad heard the match start he sat forward lifted his arms ,opened his eyes and in a garbled way yelled Mariners! Mariners! which brought the nurse running in.

She was amazed as she stood there watching him watching the game.
He watched the entire first half only closing his eyes for a few seconds at a time.
She later asked me what i`d done, and I told her she just needed to know which button to push.
Football is dad`s button.

It`s now a week later and dad is in a ward and recovering more and more each day.
I`ve arranged to be with him to watch the game v City on Saturday.
He desperately wants to go to Newcastle.

My father is the most football crazy person i`ve ever known and others have said the same.
He loves the Mariners so much he even goes to the training sessions and chats with the players, Matty and Monty.

I honestly believe his love of the Mariner`s has saved his life and look forward to getting him to our finals matches.

I can only say my heartfelt thanks to Richard, Shaun,Monty,Matty,the staff and especially the players for giving dad the strength to live.

He didn`t "back down"

Ironbark

Last Thursday 6th Dad (89) was taken to Wyong hospital for tests.
He was airlifted to Gosford later that day for an endoscopy which revealed multiple stomach ulcers & two bleeding duodenal ulcers and airlifted again to Royal North Shore.
I got the news just as I got to Meringandan just north of Toowoomba (12hrs drive)
The doctors there did another endoscopy and decided they had to operate.

We were advised by the doctors to gather the family.

After 3 hours sleep I drove back to Sydney arriving at his bedside at 1am. (15hrs drive)
Hooked up to machines in the ICU, with breathing tubes in his mouth and suction tubes in his nose he was barely alive.
I sat there holding his hand and talking to him.
The only response I got was when I told him the Mariners had beaten Western Utd 3-0, he weakly squeezed my hand.
I took out my phone and played him the highlights package and he squeezed my hand a few times.

I walked back to the hotel my son had booked for me with a glimmer of hope.

When I returned a few hours later he was much the same and clinging to life. The doctors told me to go and get some rest.
I returned on Saturday afternoon and dad hadn`t improved but the nurse had music playing on a monitor.
I asked her if she could get Paramount on the monitor and she said yes.

I got the nurse to raise his bed so that he could see the monitor and I told him I was going to put the game on the monitor and he squeezed my hand.
So I signed in and put the replay of the game on.

When dad heard the match start he sat forward lifted his arms ,opened his eyes and in a garbled way yelled Mariners! Mariners! which brought the nurse running in.

She was amazed as she stood there watching him watching the game.
He watched the entire first half only closing his eyes for a few seconds at a time.
She later asked me what i`d done, and I told her she just needed to know which button to push.
Football is dad`s button.

It`s now a week later and dad is in a ward and recovering more and more each day.
I`ve arranged to be with him to watch the game v City on Saturday.
He desperately wants to go to Newcastle.

My father is the most football crazy person i`ve ever known and others have said the same.
He loves the Mariners so much he even goes to the training sessions and chats with the players, Matty and Monty.

I honestly believe his love of the Mariner`s has saved his life and look forward to getting him to our finals matches.

I can only say my heartfelt thanks to Richard, Shaun,Monty,Matty,the staff and especially the players for giving dad the strength to live.

He didn`t "back down"
You should share this story with the club

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred