• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

JoyfulPenguin

So according to Richard this week, "we have to sell a million dollars of talent each year to survive".

But last week, in a year when we must have raked well over that amount AND got a supposed $1m from the WC, that still left us $2m short.
This is what I don't get about Richard Peil's email. The figures are dramatically different to what he said when he took over, and then later in pre-season over various interviews.

With all the additional extra revenue from transfers and the World Cup, as well as having the season basically covid unaffected, how have the finances gotten so significantly worse?

gemkayem

This is what I don't get about Richard Peil's email. The figures are dramatically different to what he said when he took over, and then later in pre-season over various interviews.

With all the additional extra revenue from transfers and the World Cup, as well as having the season basically covid unaffected, how have the finances gotten so significantly worse?
I don’t think we’ll ever know how it all adds up. Too many factors and things we just aren’t privy to. I’m sure it’s not an easy job, at least we have someone investing for now

Tevor

That’s because his email the other week was purely designed for the stadium deal situation that has to be delivered. I wouldn’t read anything into it at all.

Rising Sun

Selling 2 or 3 players every year will be a tall order even with our production line. We will have seasons where we can do that but not every year.
The word missing from Richard's sentence is "average". If your sustainability strategy is selling players then you have got to allow for the fact there will be lean years and good years. You need to build up a reserve to sustain the lean years and have an owner with deep enough pockets to cover any gaps until you do.

If you need that $1m consistently every year then you will not optimise the income because you will often have to sell players below market value or before they have developed to the optimum point to close any gaps.

Corsair

Too many holes in the numbers, needs to open the kimono a little further

ConsKrypt

Bloody Marcello the grub, no wonder Vuka decided to charge into him post match, was actually wondering what that was all about but since I seen all the bullshit Marcello was doing to try inflict injury to an already injured player (JC) it makes perfect sense. Typical WSW bullshit...

I get the "being a pest" aspect but to actually try injure another player on purpose is absolutely f**king disgraceful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami