• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marinators V4 Launch!

Jeff (LouMacari)

Of course you know Sunday 27th is our first home game of the season vs Syd FC in the pre season cup and I'm sure you're all going to be there!

Something else that's very exciting is the introduction of some new Marinators Merchandise and a new look Marinators Logo which I'm sure you will all love! With the Kendall bar out of action for this game, most will be in the sports bar and so we're going to set up the new merchandise and 'launch' the new logo in the front part of the family area just near the front foyer so all will be able to see and try on the gear!

Along with the usual marinators scarves, there will be some really smart polo shirts (priced at only $25 for members, $30 for non members!) caps and stubby holders so make sure you call into the Leagues Club on the day (from about 1pm) and be one of the first to take advantage!

Aden

sounds Great Jeff  cant wait for this day i think we are all eager to get back into the action

LFCMariners

Not meaning to be picky but I'd like to see a name change. Sure 'Marinators' was a fun play on words in our inagural season, but it's the 4th season now about about time we changed it to something more fearsome, something that opposition fans will take a bit more seriously. Claiming yourself as someone who marinates meat doesn't exactly strike fear into the heart...

serious14

BJ said:
Not meaning to be picky but I'd like to see a name change. Sure 'Marinators' was a fun play on words in our inagural season, but it's the 4th season now about about time we changed it to something more fearsome, something that opposition fans will take a bit more seriously. Claiming yourself as someone who marinates meat doesn't exactly strike fear into the heart...

*shakes head in shame*

And someone who "Coves" or "Squadrons" or "Sheds" strikes fear into you??

It's a stupid-funny play on words, and it's functional.  I don't think too many people have a problem with it......

P.S.  Looking forward to it Jeff, keep up the good work.  ;D

P.P.S.  A thousand and one kudos to that gorgeous secretary of yours - word is she does all the actual work.  :p

Marinerchick

bj if you hate the marinators name that much just go join the dock  !
i have no problem wit the name
and good job with the v4 launch jeff :)

Jeff (LouMacari)

serious14 said:
BJ said:

*shakes head in shame*

And someone who "Coves" or "Squadrons" or "Sheds" strikes fear into you??

It's a stupid-funny play on words, and it's functional.  I don't think too many people have a problem with it......

P.S.  Looking forward to it Jeff, keep up the good work.  ;D

P.P.S.  A thousand and one kudos to that gorgeous secretary of yours - word is she does all the actual work.  :p
"word is...." straight from her mouth no doubt!  LOL

In all seriousness though, I just typed the post, the work has been done by all of us...with love! ;)

LFCMariners

The Glory Shed is pretty homoerotic, I agree. I have to admit though, The Squadron and The Cove sound half-decent. Personally I reckon 'The Bay' or even 'The Crew' has a nice ring to it.

Mariner Girl

BJ said:
Personally I reckon 'The Bay' or even 'The Crew' has a nice ring to it.
Image what the opposition will turn "The Bay" into. Leaves us too open.
No - keep it as the Marinators, identifies us as an extention of the team.
But that is just my opinion.

Bex

Don't f**k with the name; its tradition now. Its ironic that someone named "BJ" thinks the Marinators' name conjures up images that aren't appropriate which, for the record, I do not agree. Sure, its marinated meat, but its an alchohol based marinade  :pirashoot:

Aden

BJ said:

team supporters names all over the world have stupid names 

Tottenham = Yids  ( dont ask me what it means  probably  w******..  but still stupid )
Arsenal =  Gooners . .  people  who drink goon  =  stupid .
Bradford -  The Ointment  (wtf)
Chelsea =  Headhunters
Nottingham forrest  = Red Dogs
Millwall = Bushwackers

Now compared to some of them im sure marinators is not that bad ..  ESPECIALLY compared to THE OINTMENT  hahahhaaha  and thats  only a handfull in one country ...  i say as ridiculous as it is . if we change it we lose some of our history

S

soccersensei

Hey, it says we add flavour and enrich overall experiences... perfect surely  :vhappy:
It also says we don't take ourselves toooooooooo seriously enough not to still be able to have a laugh at ourselves when warranted, and I at least think thats a pretty important aspect, and that its a name that will work well with the big the picture future of the club. As - A) It stands out from everyone else's which is perfect, and B) as Mariner Girl stated it identifies and links our brand so to speak and C)  it's also more user/media friendly than anyone else's name... so I think it will continue to be a real boon in the years to come.

Let the "Squadron" be filthy mad heaps hard... and the Marinators be content with all things being richer by simply soaking in our presence  :grouphug:

serious14

Aden said:
Tottenham = Yids  ( dont ask me what it means  probably  w******..  but still stupid)

Arsenal =  Gooners . .  people  who drink goon  =  stupid .

Yids = Yiddish.  Tottenham is located in and represents a large part of London's Jewish community.

Gooners = Gunners.  A common nickname for Arsenal, considering a giant cannon is their logo.  Now say the word 'gunners' with a North London accent.

*shakes head*

kevrenor

It was a play on words:  Mariners  linked to ...... the Terminator (Arnie and all that!)  The Marinate .... dosing up on alcohol ...  was a second linkup.

Is that hard edged enough for you?

It was a provisional name .... but was picked up by Lawrie, the club, and the media ... so it stuck!

Go back and read the threads on the original Proboards forum .. they're still there.

soccersensei said:
Hey, it says we add flavour and enrich overall experiences... perfect surely  :vhappy:
It also says we don't take ourselves toooooooooo seriously enough not to still be able to have a laugh at ourselves when warranted, and I at least think thats a pretty important aspect, and that its a name that will work well with the big the picture future of the club. As - A) It stands out from everyone else's which is perfect, and B) as Mariner Girl stated it identifies and links our brand so to speak and C)  it's also more user/media friendly than anyone else's name... so I think it will continue to be a real boon in the years to come.

Let the "Squadron" be filthy mad heaps hard... and the Marinators be content with all things being richer by simply soaking in our presence  :grouphug:

Looking forward to this return to the real life of a Mariners fan!!!!

New logo? Haven't seen any discussion on one ... would have been a better topic for discussion that a lot of the off-season crap! I am sure it will be fine ... I'm not a big fan of logos anyway.

New Polos sound good.  See you all then.

~Floss~

I'm sure "marinating one's liver" was a common expression back in the days when cricket grounds still had hills, and not only did they sell full strength beer, but you could bring your own esky.  :vhappy:

You must have heard of people referring to a liver being "pickled" after years of absorbing hard liquor; well, standing in the sun, just marinating, was what Aussie blokes used to do in the hot summer months at the cricket.

When I first heard of the name Marinators, my first reaction was "perfect"; sounds like my idea of fun. Standing in the sun (with no roof) on a hot sunday in January, belting out songs, ...Marinating. And, with one word it ties that in with our other main interest, the Mariners.

Best of all the media and Mariners latched straight onto it. Change it now and Andy Harper will still be saying things like "plenty of noise being generated from the Marinators" no matter what  we're called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred