• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Magic Wand Time: How would you fix the Mariners?

FFC Mariner

Not only must the football department be full time, it must be accountable to local management (whether CEO or a technical director)

We have an absentee landlord as an owner and he cant reasonably be expected to manage who turns up and when and how much work they are (or aren't doing).

Holy

It is naive to think that modern players truly buy into the very fabric of the club they play for, given the nature of how football generally works (short term contracts, the transient nature of a player’s life etc.), although occasionally players like Hutch and Monty are the exception that bucks that trend. Accordingly, all that can really be hoped for is that they buy into the mantra as much as they are able to, for the time they are playing here.
Agree Oz, in fact all I want is that they turn up and give their heart and soul for 90+minutes a week, for 27+ weeks.

greenlig

I'm going to start my end of fixing by getting my first gold membership. I'm never on the coast so I will have to sort out giving the tickets to some lucky (unlucky?) bugger, but I want to make a positive impact in the small ways I can. Not sure else what to do besides moan on here?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The hacking and slashing I uttered of before has begun...Soccer Broadcasting Service (SBS) just posted a list of 7 that’s gawnski
POWELL ROUX, POSCELERO, SKAPETIS, TOM GLOVER , BINGHAM, LIAM ROSE...sadly not Hoole or Kennedy

Ozhammer

The hacking and slashing I uttered of before has begun...Soccer Broadcasting Service (SBS) just posted a list of 7 that’s gawnski
POWELL ROUX, POSCELERO, SKAPETIS, TOM GLOVER , BINGHAM, LIAM ROSE...sadly not Hoole or Kennedy
I am also hearing that Balder has been let go, which is very disappointing if true

Josho Howe

Have to disagree Hammer, there were many times where we dropped off in the last 30 minutes of games and l felt the players fitness levels were poor all season.

Ozhammer

Have to disagree Hammer, there were many times where we dropped off in the last 30 minutes of games and l felt the players fitness levels were poor all season.
That’s because he wasn’t ever allowed to do his job properly. Balder wanted double training sessions pre-season but Jolic nixed them. He also continually diluted the programmes that Balder put forward, even when our performances were very obviously below the required standard.

localpom

I am also hearing that Balder has been let go, which is very disappointing if true
I think it's pretty normal to bring in new staff when a new Manager starts, so not a reflection on Balder's capabilities. Will be interesting who comes in.

Wombat

I want to wave my wand and send this chap to see MC and explain its time to "shape up or ship out".

LFCMariners

"Did you see that, Michael?

On Saturday the entire team might as well have bent over and said 'Ere ya go- have a go of that!'"

Last edited:

finally retired

If you had a magic wand, how would you fix the Mariners?

All hypothetical of course...
My opinions:
- Advertise the Mariners all around the Coast, Erina Fair, Tuggerah Shopping Centre, Billboards, people need to know the games are on!!!
Thoughts?

and make sure we are in ALL of the local papers........even if someone from the club writes the articles and takes the photos and sends them to the papers....we need to be in people's faces....

Timmah

Might have changed since I was there but Express Advocate was often hit & miss - I know Emma Herd there is always engaged with CCM so there shouldn't be an issue there, as for the community news ones last I was on the Coast they always copy+pasted CCM media releases into their publication, don't they still do that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred