• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Magic Wand Time: How would you fix the Mariners?

Pirate Pete

The magic wand still looks like a spoon to me.

il_340x270.1323156416_mp0g.jpg

greenlig

Was opining about the problems to my fiancee yesterday, we really do have far too much dead wood. There are guys playing here that have had 3+ seasons to do something, and have been very average for most, if not all of that time. The worst part is they are core members of the squad!! We all know it; nothing less than a clean out, bring in hard-working players with winning attitudes, surrounding them with Mariners greats.

Ancient Mariner

To those who think money is the answer, just remember the saying "Money cannot buy happiness" ie Premiership/Championship. Example, Melbourne City.

However I cannot remember who said in answer "Money can help you avoid a lot of misery" ie avoiding the bottom part of the competition. Example Melbourne City et al.

I would like to avoid any more misery. :)

JoyfulPenguin

To those who think money is the answer, just remember the saying "Money cannot buy happiness" ie Premiership/Championship. Example, Melbourne City.

However I cannot remember who said in answer "Money can help you avoid a lot of misery" ie avoiding the bottom part of the competition. Example Melbourne City et al.

Money can also take away your club in the name of synergy...

VicMariner

I would like to quote our Lord and Master - David Lee Roth:
rxOmB8.jpg

Wombat

I couldn't stand him or Van Halen until he did Just a Gigalo......that song was fantastic.

Forum Phoenix

I always thoughts Zig Ziggler had it right...

Money isn't everything in life, but it ranks right up there with oxygen.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
fixing this team will enquire a large amount of hacking and slashing....really speaking the only blokes worth keeping are Golec (if he comes back) the dutchies , Connor, DDS and tom glover and maybe Baro if he gets his head back, and surround them with fresh heads who want to be here....im sure there are duds on contract we cant shift , so there goes my theory

Pirate Pete

fixing this team will enquire a large amount of hacking and slashing....really speaking the only blokes worth keeping are Golec (if he comes back) the dutchies , Connor, DDS and tom glover and maybe Baro if he gets his head back, and surround them with fresh heads who want to be here....im sure there are duds on contract we cant shift , so there goes my theory

I think someone said last week that Golec is keen to resign. I presume he'll come back from his injury OK.
If Glover had played the last few games under Sully then I think he might have stayed with us. As it is
I can see him going. Although MM has mentioned youth, so you never know.
I'm not sure about Baro. Maybe if we have some decent defenders to play with him it might make a difference.

nebakke

Actually - I think that boys like TBT and Lachie are really important to fixing both the culture and the relationship to coast football. Not that I know the first thing about their attitudes, but TBT has talked a bit about following CCM growing up and being at the Grand Final with his dad... If we can get one or two of the older heads back to provide some hardness in the cultural build, I think players like the two young locals, can provide both feel-good stories and a cultural continuation for the club foundation, if we can hold on to them for a while... Can't hurt for the concept of attracting young talent either.
Also, they're both young and I rate their potential so it seems silly to get rid of them. :)

Ozhammer

Whilst many have spoken very eloquently about the issues that exist and what needs to be done about them, for me, the first thing that needs to change is for our football department to be run on a FULLY professional basis. No room for sentiment, just a solid commitment for every player and the support staff to give 100% every day, whether in training or on the pitch.

It is naive to think that modern players truly buy into the very fabric of the club they play for, given the nature of how football generally works (short term contracts, the transient nature of a player’s life etc.), although occasionally players like Hutch and Monty are the exception that bucks that trend. Accordingly, all that can really be hoped for is that they buy into the mantra as much as they are able to, for the time they are playing here.

As a side note, I spoke with Lord Golec at the open Mike event last week and he said that of the four HAL clubs that he has played at, this was the first one where he felt he truly belonged and that makes him want to stay and fight. Now that’s the sort of attitude you can build something worthwhile around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred