• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lightning / Thunder trials for 2009 Season

dwight

The Smart one said:
Just for the record, 442s centre of excellence had 16 under 10s boys in development from October 07 to August 08, out of the 16 boys 15 selected for lightning and Thunder, a stewards enquiry on why one boy missed out. In the past 4 years on average 10 boys selected for rep teams in Sydney and Central coast lightning each year. 

Great work by Tony once again.

concerned

concerned parent said:
I'm not having a go at you more the system my boy didnt get called for a trial after playing for branch so he is going to play in reps for another club why didnt he get a trial for Lightning. ?

Concerned parent, things will only get worse next year.
There are already 3 directors with kids playing reps. From what I have heard from other directors these three dominate board meetings and shout down other board mambers.
Next year will be worse because after the CCF AGM there could be 5 of the 8 board positions filled with directors who have vested interests in Lightning/Thunder. I have heard athat they are already pushing to ban make up games from Pluim, to shorten season for local comps to just 14 games and to ban semis, finals and Grand Finals from Pluim so they do not interfere with the rep draw.

marinermick

concerned said:
concerned parent said:
I'm not having a go at you more the system my boy didnt get called for a trial after playing for branch so he is going to play in reps for another club why didnt he get a trial for Lightning. ?
I have heard athat they are already pushing to ban make up games from Pluim, to shorten season for local comps to just 14 games and to ban semis, finals and Grand Finals from Pluim so they do not interfere with the rep draw.

that should please people who think pluim park is in bad shape

unfortunately we will all suffer

if they go to 14 rounds i will take my all age team to churches comp

offtheball

That's a disgrace if that happens.

The 200 or so Lightning players play 23 or 24 rounds whilst the 12 000 players that are the bread and butter of CCF are shafted with 14 games.

W

Wilson

marinermick said:
concerned said:
concerned parent said:
I have heard athat they are already pushing to ban make up games from Pluim, to shorten season for local comps to just 14 games and to ban semis, finals and Grand Finals from Pluim so they do not interfere with the rep draw.

that should please people who think pluim park is in bad shape

unfortunately we will all suffer

if they go to 14 rounds i will take my all age team to churches comp

offtheball said:
That's a disgrace if that happens.

The 200 or so Lightning players play 23 or 24 rounds whilst the 12 000 players that are the bread and butter of CCF are shafted with 14 games.

Its all about cash flow..debt repayment

marinermick

cash flow won't be helped if teams pull out and they lose crap loads of rego

best way to service debt is to increase revenue so that debt is a smaller percentage of turnover - makes it more serviceable

but hey, when volunteers are involved and when they are power plays through factions, this sort of garbage always surfaces

W

Wilson

I have a dream that one day we can put the broom through the place..

W

Wilson

This years presentation really made me want to do something..

dwight

Good luck guys
Looking at CCF financials (have these been made available to the clubs ? )for year ending 30th September 2007
Canteen shows a Loss of $27'722 how does this happen  ? why does CCF run a canteen. ?
Why does it lose money and why do we support it. ?

hasbeen

Don't forget also that part of the registration the CCF clubs players pay is a Pluim Park levy (I think it is around $5 each)

afan

All Great questions, so why don't the clubs stand up and demand openness etc.  There must be something terrible wrong if a canteen makes a loss.  Too many chiefs from the board to HPM and Youth Development DB, both do same job, why do we continue to pay.  A questions for all you club officials?

dwight

afan said:
All Great questions, so why don't the clubs stand up and demand openness etc.  There must be something terrible wrong if a canteen makes a loss.  Too many chiefs from the board to HPM and Youth Development DB, both do same job, why do we continue to pay.  A questions for all you club officials?

At $119'652 in wages for the canteen (which should be open say mostly 20 odd weeks of the year or so) no wonder it can't make a profit.

afan

dwight said:
afan said:

At $119'652 in wages for the canteen (which should be open say mostly 20 odd weeks of the year or so) no wonder it can't make a profit.

bordering on criminal

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well I'm sick of the shit at CCF so I'm now a delegate for my club.  I you hate the system get in and work on it to change it.

My daughter made under 12 girls side for first time (playing only 2 years) she is very excited however, the other didn't get a letter and them we got txt from the offical the wrong trial dates.
Must say thought the coach came down and at least looked at him trial with the senior side.

He may trial again put is happy because he is off to Asia with Football NSW following he selection in the U16 Branch side for Central Coast.

The Smart one

Hi Mariner Mum,

If your boy is keen then bring him to trial at Penang FC, we are happy to look at all lads who wish to be challenged and acheive. 

grendel

Anyone know what's happening with Thunder this season?  Last year they played in the NNSW SSI State League but, having checked the NNSW Website, the draw for 2009 doesn't include them.  It's now called State Championships and includes North Coast Football instead of Thunder!

MANUMAN

Thunder will be playing in the regional youth league ,3 rounds against port maquarie,taree.newcastle,hunter valley and maquarie the finals being played on a home and away basis.Thunder will also have a bye every 3 to 4 weeks while the other teams contest their state championships

Jimmy

dwight said:
afan said:

The canteen is open for a lot more than 20 weeks a year.
It has recently been closed due to a health inspection finding that they cant run a BBQ outside (although its covered) or inside (for some stupid rule)
It will be reopening soon, but missing the BBQ.

clarence

Jimmy said:
The canteen is open for a lot more than 20 weeks a year.
It has recently been closed due to a health inspection finding that they cant run a BBQ outside (although its covered) or inside (for some stupid rule)
It will be reopening soon, but missing the BBQ.

No BBQ? What's the point of going to Pluim if you can't get a  decent steak sandwich! Council OUT!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred