• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lightning / Thunder trials for 2009 Season

Hmmm once again CCF shows their lack of organisational ability in securing potential players for the 2009 season.
The policy of closed trials plainly does not work in an environment of lack of ability of their office staff.

Many players who were nominated by their own coaches, spotted by CCF talent scouts (cough), nominated by Football NSW coaches and lightning coaches did not receive invitations to trial.
Even many incumbant (from 2008) lightning and thunder players did not get invitations back to trial.
One would have thought also players for branch (state titles) would receive an invite this had not happened either.
There have been plenty of red faced selection staff handing out invitations to trial after initial selections have begun.

afan

Surprise, surprise, we spoke about this before and whilst this board and coaches are in, nothing will change.  Get rid of them all and seek new fresh approach as there are capable coaches not working at CCF.

Ted

I have only been just been appointed as a coach (as well as a few others) fair go eh? I believe Lighting are unable to trial players during a certain time period due to a new ruling forced upon us.

Ted there are plenty of decent coaches at CCF.

I'm not having a go at you more the system my boy didnt get called for a trial after playing for branch so he is going to play in reps for another club why didnt he get a trial for Lightning. ?

Ted

concerned parent said:
Ted there are plenty of decent coaches at CCF.

I'm not having a go at you more the system my boy didnt get called for a trial after playing for branch so he is going to play in reps for another club why didnt he get a trial for Lightning. ?

The reason trials were not allowed as determined by FNSW was to create a more structured enviroment to facilitate training and trials for youth league teams. This means any player under the age of 18 cannot trial between (approx) Oct 12th to Dec 14th depending on division. I am not sure why this was enforced and if the reason it was done has worked, but this is why Lightning did not trial players within the stated time period.

Not quite correct Football NSW determines dates ie Premier League then Super League etc etc  so the best players get to go in the best leagues first.

Actually then Ted CCF are wrong because they are trialling Lightning at present (are you aware of this ? ) they will have teams selected I believe by end of november.

afan

Fair call Ted and I apologize as you are new!!.  There are many in lightning who should not be there and this stems from years gone by.  Branch kids should have been invited and whatever was imposed on us , is no excuse as trials were conducted yesterday and not advising kids that have been nominated or defended CC Region, is unacceptable.

afan

I more thing Ted this is why I think the place is pathetic - your statement re: FNSW is not quite correct and who ever told you that is lying.  SYL are allowed to trial in November and PYL was October.  http://www.soccernsw.com.au/index.php?id=97

Ted

Sorry trial/training periods are:

Premier League: 12th Oct to 2nd Nov
Super League: 3rd Nov to 23rd Nov
Division One: 24th Nov to 14th Dec

Of course there are ways around issues I guess and I do not have all the answers, I was merely trying to offer a fair reason why players may not have been contacted.

offtheball

Ted said:
Sorry trial/training periods are:

Premier League: 12th Oct to 2nd Nov
Super League: 3rd Nov to 23rd Nov
Division One: 24th Nov to 14th Dec

Of course there are ways around issues I guess and I do not have all the answers, I was merely trying to offer a fair reason why players may not have been contacted.

They have not been contacted because the organisors are inept.

The charter of CCF and its Lightning addendum and its High Performance Manager is to further football on the coast.

The veil of secrecy is pathetic. There is no mention on the CCF web site of the trials that are currently underway.

Closed trials only work if the identification process is flawless. Unfortunately there are many ways to describe the current process and flawless isn't one of them.

I'm sure Ted and his fellow coaches are dead keen to get the best possible kids for their team. I'd be surprised if they would be against having one night for kids that have not been previously identified to show their wares.

CCLFOREVER

:popo:Concerned Parent- Branch Teams MMMMMMM My recolection was that most of them performed pretty poorly. Not many would warrant being invited back. Incumbent Thunder (cough cough) players..........I've seen them play.  Plenty of good coaches at CCF.............I don't think so.

Ted.....welcome to CCF...........your career is over.

Afan.....you have much inside info?

Offtheball...........last time open trial was held was only two years ago back in the famous Keech days. Hundreds of kids turned up for one team to play against lightning teams in respective age groups for branch selection. After three weeks of training they played and  got their backsides kicked and were sent home. Lightning dominated the branch sides.

offtheball

CCLFOREVER said:
Offtheball...........last time open trial was held was only two years ago back in the famous Keech days. Hundreds of kids turned up for one team to play against lightning teams in respective age groups for branch selection. After three weeks of training they played and  got their backsides kicked and were sent home. Lightning dominated the branch sides.

Well you would be pretty concerned if the Lightning teams, after 30 weeks of training and playing didn't give it to a team that has been put together from club kids.

My point is that there can be kids who the high performance manager is obligated to identify and develop who slip through the net.

The identification process is floored. I coach an A side and I was not asked to nominate any of my players for Lightning trials.

Ted, a Thunder coach and club coach, didn't even know the trials were on, so I presume he hadn't nominated any of his players. What about Kareem or any other known coaches on this forum did you put players forward for the Lightning trials?

This was supposed to be one method of player identification.

CCLFOREVER

TED - No threat intended. Just pointing out that many a good coach has been appointed but due to politics have lost their jobs. I wish you all the luck.

Ted

CCLFOREVER said:
TED - No threat intended. Just pointing out that many a good coach has been appointed but due to politics have lost their jobs. I wish you all the luck.

No worries mate and thanks.

CCLFOREVER said:
:popo:Concerned Parent- Branch Teams MMMMMMM My recolection was that most of them performed pretty poorly. Not many would warrant being invited back. Incumbent Thunder (cough cough) players..........I've seen them play.  Plenty of good coaches at CCF.............I don't think so.

The whole point of branch teams is to pick the best players who reside in the area some of these players play at Premier League in Sydney or in a higher comp than lightning and they are not invited to trial and play locally. As a whole branch performed poorly agreed a lot of the teams that performed poorly were mostly lightning look at the numbers.
The point being that lightning, thunder and branch should be amoungst the players that are invited back for trials, lightning and thunder players were supposed to get letters of invitation it didnt happen. There are good coaches at CCF, not all though.

Offtheball - The procedure is that you have to nominate players for trials ( you will not be asked ) then if thought suitable they are supposed to get invited for lightning and thunder trials. Problem is that doesnt work and is one of my gripes, I know of plently of players nominated by their coaches, actually watched during the year by CCF coaches and talent scouts, deemed suitable for a trial at this level and then they dont get asked to trial.

Rowdy

CCF has Talent Scouts!  :eek:

Pffft!  ::)

They only last year did their "Target 11" programme which killed 2 birds with the one stone, find players and make money, but other than that they don't focus on other age groups or the girls for that matter, which is contrary to Mark Boyds own philosophy that kid's develop differently at different age groups, some earlier, some later, which is why you need scouting of local leagues, even at the 16 age group just in case some kid has 'spurt' and develops much later than his peers.

As to be invited or not, one possible reason for some kids not being invited to trial (whateva the fcuking system is) is because some kids from the local comp get the chance to go to Branch Titles purely for the reason that many kids from Lightning REFUSE(more so their parents and in todays economic climate CANT) to shell out another $400-600 for Branch plus the parents travel/accom expenses after paying CCF $1000 for the priviledge of playing 2nd tier State League.

So this then leaves many openings amongst all age groups for kids from local league to fill the spots (and CCF needs their ca$h to fill those spots), despite being the better of the local league kids they may unfortunately not be up to State League level.

Kareem

offtheball said:
CCLFOREVER said:

What about Kareem or any other known coaches on this forum did you put players forward for the Lightning trials?

I knew- I was surfing Budgiewoi website and saw it lol
I filled out 3 for my team
2 got invited- 1 decided to go
I am going to give him a call to ask how he went!
SEU didnt know anything about it tbh so thanks to Budgewoi website!!!
Wat's an atrocity is the player that got invited to trial has a little brother that is one of the best players at SEU I have ever seen- whilst my 2 players are a chance of making it in- I have no doubt he would have walked into the u12s! oh well- there is always next year

offtheball

Kareem said:
offtheball said:
CCLFOREVER said:

What about Kareem or any other known coaches on this forum did you put players forward for the Lightning trials?

I knew- I was surfing Budgiewoi website and saw it lol
I filled out 3 for my team
2 got invited- 1 decided to go
I am going to give him a call to ask how he went!
SEU didnt know anything about it tbh so thanks to Budgewoi website!!!
Wat's an atrocity is the player that got invited to trial has a little brother that is one of the best players at SEU I have ever seen- whilst my 2 players are a chance of making it in- I have no doubt he would have walked into the u12s! oh well- there is always next year

That's why CCF web site is shit. We are all supposed to get our info from Budgiewoi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred