• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lightning / Thunder trials for 2009 Season

Kareem

marinermick said:
sad state of affairs isn't it

the budgie website is my first port of call for results on a monday
+1
well run website IMO
I'd be on there trying to find out u13C results every week (and some Mens)- and thats when I came upon the info

afan

CCLFOREVER said:
:popo:Concerned Parent- Branch Teams MMMMMMM My recolection was that most of them performed pretty poorly. Not many would warrant being invited back. Incumbent Thunder (cough cough) players..........I've seen them play.  Plenty of good coaches at CCF.............I don't think so.

Ted.....welcome to CCF...........your career is over.

Afan.....you have much inside info?

Offtheball...........last time open trial was held was only two years ago back in the famous Keech days. Hundreds of kids turned up for one team to play against lightning teams in respective age groups for branch selection. After three weeks of training they played and  got their backsides kicked and were sent home. Lightning dominated the branch sides.

I know the guy that works for FNSW quite well, so yes I do have some info

afan

Has anyone have any information on U13 and/or U14 lightning Squads or when selection is expected?

Kareem

just talkin to one my strikers- he has been training with them for last 2-3 weeks and the squads were going to be posted up last night or tonight
so i will let every1 know when they are up- hope my guy gets in!

dwight

afan said:
Has anyone have any information on U13 and/or U14 lightning Squads or when selection is expected?

Yep players have been chosen selection to be on website today or very shortly.

CCF is anybody out there ? when will this be posted ?

afan

U13 up - any new players from last year or same team?  New players in U14 and some noticeable exemptions.  Waiting for u12's...

Ted

We had our trials for the Thunder U11's teams today. Having to select 32 from a group of about 50 is not as easy as i thought it would be when they are deserving of a spot.

Ted

Thunder U11's have been announced.
http://www.ccfootball.com.au/home/news/587

afan

Ted - 33 players are listed, was anyone left out? and how can 1 person coach so many kids.  Please explain as I;m not sure how this works.

offtheball

afan said:
Ted - 33 players are listed, was anyone left out? and how can 1 person coach so many kids.  Please explain as I;m not sure how this works.

$8250 what a money spinner! Probably 30% for strips tracksuits etc. More the merrier.

The Smart one

Just for the record, 442s centre of excellence had 16 under 10s boys in development from October 07 to August 08, out of the 16 boys 15 selected for lightning and Thunder, a stewards enquiry on why one boy missed out. In the past 4 years on average 10 boys selected for rep teams in Sydney and Central coast lightning each year. 

Ted

afan said:

2 teams 2 coaches

afan

Thanks Ted, I think this is a money spinner but I'm allowed my opinion, good luck.

As for 442, give us a break, you must be Gallagher or that hurley who plays both camps and now add FNSW to that, all in it for the money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred