• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Let's talk about 2014/15 Other A-League Games

VicMariner

What's happening here? At Coopers? :confused: Gombau OUT NOW! ;)

Adelaide Utd 1 Wellington Phoenix 3
Phoenix look like the real deal this season. Merrick is a quality manager.

I'm still not convinced with Perth. I can see them start to move down the table. It will be interesting to see how they go against Victory on Friday.

nearlyyellow

Phoenix look like the real deal this season. Merrick is a quality manager.

I'm still not convinced with Perth. I can see them start to move down the table. It will be interesting to see how they go against Victory on Friday.
WP are certainly up there. I didn't rate them top 6 before the season started. But then, what would I know! :rolleyes:
PG? Well, they do have that salary cap problem hanging over their heads, and that may have an effect on their team. More to come re that, but it depends just how quickly FFA do their investigation, quickly I hope because the uncertainty needs to be killed.

nearlyyellow

I am surprised that coaches in Football are allowed ( ? ) to be so publicly critical of the on field officialdom and their game day decisions. In other sports the coach would be fined heavily, disciplined, warned, castigated etc. by the governing bodies. I just find it odd. :confused:

MagpieMariner

When I was a young bloke my old coach had a saying: "If you lose because of one umpiring error, then you weren't bloody good enough." In general he was dead right. Take note Arnie.

MagpieMariner

Having now looked at the highlights, SFC had so many chances they should have wrapped it up well before HT. So it's really no good complaining about the "off-side" Arnie, your mob just weren't good enough. Blame your players for incompetence, not the officials.

VicMariner

That disallowed Janko goal was a corker though.

A uncertain offside decision is supposed to go in favour of the attacking team. Janko was on side so how could the ref be certain he wasn't?
However, if the refs give an offside goal an onside call...the other coach is going to complain. :doh:
Damned if they do, damned if they don't but more goals is better for the neutral audience.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That disallowed Janko goal was a corker though.

A uncertain offside decision is supposed to go in favour of the attacking team. Janko was on side so how could the ref be certain he wasn't?
However, if the refs give an offside goal an onside call...the other coach is going to complain. :doh:
Damned if they do, damned if they don't but more goals is better for the neutral audience.

Try refereeing a match. You can be certain about something but still be wrong.

Anyway, decision looked correct to me.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/01/04/arnold-wants-video-technology-after-slamming-refs

There's a graphical overlay. While it's still a bit inconclusive (I don't think that sort of image, particularly from that angle, will show if there's just a few inches in it - for that level of closeness, the AR would have the better view), it looks to me like the feet are level, but the Sydney player is leaning towards the goal (while the defenders, if anything, are leaning the other way). Offside can be any part of the body except the arms, so that's offside.

Not like Arnold would have the foggiest idea if it was offside of not from the dugouts.
He should certainly be dealt with harshly for his petulent outburst.

Big Al

Kalmar goal was great. He went to celebrate with the RBB then stopped about the 6 yard box and went ahh don't really know you guys I'm only new. Think ill stop here and turn around before I get in a fight.
Loved Zelic going off about Valeri goal. Said to the misses if some one heard him going off and then you told them it was over a football goal they laugh.
MV were out played.

Big Al

For what it's worth, Arnie was right and the ref was wrong.
That's what I don't get about all these politically correct leagues. Afl Nrl a league.
They want coaches and players in front of media but don't dare bag the refs or the organisation no matter how wrong they are and even though the press will say so but no not the coaches and players who's jobs just got effected by those decisions. Then they wonder why we get darius boyds or greg popoviches.

nearlyyellow

There is an FFA procedure to protest on field decisions, is there not? That procedure won't change the on field ruling, but the official concerned can be (ahem) counseled, or maybe even his immediate career path may be reorganised for him. imho abusing the officials on field decisions in post match pressers is not a good look, serving to perhaps "bring the game into disrepute" or "belittle, defame etc" the good name of the official/s and the game. Ammunition for the MSM!
imho

dibo

NY - I agree with you, but it's qualified agreement. It's hard for a coach to be asked about an obvious error and stonewall in a post match presser.

Perhaps the preferred option is that when asked about an incident he say "I will be taking that up with the referees' boss after the game", and when pressed on what he will say he replies "That will be between me and the referees' boss" and close it off that way, but eventually frustration bursts out of people.

FWIW, I agree with the fine, but sometimes I reckon as fans we want to see that the coaches are as frustrated as us. This is the whole passion vs rationality bit playing out...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred