• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Let's talk about 2014/15 Other A-League Games

nearlyyellow

Or an even stronger response in the presser, like "I am not happy about x decision during the game. I feel it was incorrect etc. etc... " That would reinforce to the fans and all his displeasure at what he saw as an unjust on field decision.

But *not* outbursts like:

"the standard of their officiating as "pathetic"
"the referees honestly, they are pathetic and they are deciding every football game."
"they may as well just give the championship trophy to the referees, because they decide what's going on."
"every game I watch in the A-League this year there's some rotten decisions that cost points."
"The refs ruin games anyway"

I think that's a fairly injudicious response given that he is operating within a sporting infrastructure in which he knows all the rules that apply to his and others conduct and that also provides him with what is probably a fairly decent salary.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I thought the fine was pretty weak myself. But maybe that's my ex-referees perspective.

While he was baited by the media - and really, he should know that he has no idea who's offside and who isn't from his seat - it's his job to be able to handle those questions appropriately.

Coaches have avenues to raise concerns to the FFA - and because each match is thoroughly inspected by a referee assessor, if a clear error is found to have occurred referees are often dropped for a while - at least in theory. In practice, it seems to be more politically motivated. While I have no faith whatsoever in the referee assessors for a number of reasons (when all referees repeatedly make the same massive errors, the problem has to be behind the scenes. Almost never sending players off for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, or the ludicrously inconsistent approach to dangerous, flying, studs-up challenges on the player for another), I think the AR's tend to be treated a little less favourably than the refs, I think they tend to get dropped a bit quicker. Probably easier to do - referees get all the attention, but who cares about ARs anyway? Flick one off and nobody will notice.

Assuming the error is clear. Not a line decision where the video is inconclusive. It was just a typical coach whinging, and for the comments he made I thought $5000 was absolutely pathetic.

Big Al

Simple human emotions. Frustration boils over. I get they are supposed to tow the company line but it takes caracters out of the game although I agree there has to be some line so just easier to say you can't say any thing bad instead of we will see what critisim we will accept and if we don't you will be fined. It's fairer that way but a bit boring or don't let the journos ask those questions. If there are no questions about decisions there are no bad answers and if the coach puts some of that into an answer to something else he deserves a fine.
That said GA does carry on with some over the top crap for no apparent reason.

sydmariner

jets vs wanderers =​
619927ba636d3f23f1eb7501565ecbd47a690f0b3a0782901a33815ddd9bc119.jpg

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's hilarious watching the massive overreaction from all the MV supporters about that penalty. I mean, I know every team and its fans are convinced that their time is the most hard done by from the referees, but these guys are taking the cake!!
Wasn't Muscat formally appealing to have him banned from refereeing MV games? Give me a break!
Though I'm often amused by the fact that the wannabe 'ard man (always thought he was a coward myself, not as 'ard as he likes to hink) who manipulated referees on the field better than anybody else on the game and got away with more than anybody else has becomes the biggest whinger in the game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So Ryall wasn't suspended after being cited. Correct decision - there definitely was contact, and unless you can clearly see he initiated it for the dive he has to have the benefit of the doubt.

Of course MV supporters are whinging about this all being part of the conspiracy (they're just getting embarrassing now). I think they're only one step away from blaming the illuminati, contrails and vaccinations.

nearlyyellow

ACL 2015 MD1: Kashima Antlers 1-3 Western Sydney Wanderers

upload_2015-3-1_8-30-43.png
Please be advised that normal services have been resumed. The Status Quo *will*be*maintained. :angel:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb