• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Last season match - CCM vs Homeless Compass Point United

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

he Mariners will play their final regular season game at home on Saturday, when Alen Stajcic and his side host Western United at Central Coast Stadium.

The boys are mathematically secure in the top six but can potentially secure a home elimination final with a win against United on Saturday.

Daniel DeSilva and young forward Jing Reec have been added back to the squad, with DeSilva being assessed ahead of the game and after training on Friday having missed Tuesday’s game.

Reec has made a strong start to life in the Mariners NPL side, with seven goals in 13 matches this season including the winner last weekend against Mounties Wanderers. Reec replaces Max Balard in the previously named squad.

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3. Lewis MILLER, 4.Joshua NISBET, 5.Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 8.Oliver BOZANIC (c), 11.Jack CLISBY, 12. Marco UREÑA,14.Daniel BOUMAN, 15.Kye ROWLES, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 25. Matt HATCH, 26.Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 30. Jordan SMYLIE, 41. Jing REEC

In: 10. Daniel DESILVA (Return from Injury), 41. Jing REEC (Promoted)

Out:

Unavailable: 21. Ruon TONGYIK (International Duty)

Game Details |

Saturday, 5 June 2021

Central Coast Mariners v Western United FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off:
5:05pm (Local)(5:05pm (AEST))

Referee: Jack Morgan

Assistant Referee 1: Scott Edeling

Assistant Referee 2: Adam Powers

Fourth Official: Tim Danaskos

VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5:00pm (AEST), ABC TV from 5:00pm (AEST), Sky Sport 7 (New Zealand) , Kayo Sports (www.kayosports.com.au) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (SEN Track Central Coast 801am), COAST FM 96.3

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #CCMvWUN

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Rookie ref for this one. I'm fine with that, it's the experienced VAR that concerns me!

Looks like Staj wants to blood a striker. I was wondering about that last week. Wonder why Balard got replaced....Anybody know much about Reec?

Personally, I'd be happy for Kuol to not get any game time and give Reec a run - he can't possibly do any worse than Kuol (who, I'm quite certain, was actively avoiding the ball and strolling over towards defenders so he wouldn't have to run and do anything).

We need to do well here, but our backline's consistent poor performance without RT is a big, big worry - especially with the Albanian Salesman at play.

We need to perform just to get our heads back in the game for the finals, I reckon.

Would you change tactics up a bit if you're Staj? That's always a bit of a risk, but it's a game where we can take risks. Because our current tactics and formation don't work - and everybody has figured us out.

FFC Mariner

Happy to be corrected but isnt he:
Ex WSW youth team
Scored for academy on the weekend. Similar style of player to Kuol, pacey, good header of the ball. To be honest he didnt stand out as screaming for an AL debut but its not my job to judge.
Maybe hoping tomorrow is a dead rubber and he can get a run?

Avoca

Personally, I'd be happy for Kuol to not get any game time and give Reec a run - he can't possibly do any worse than Kuol (who, I'm quite certain, was actively avoiding the ball and strolling over towards defenders so he wouldn't have to run and do anything).
Kuol’s sadly lost some of his mojo. He was fantastic at the start of the season, & his skills won us crucial games (which I am grateful for). However, he’s held himself back lately. Ideally, I want to see the former Kuol in action - the young, brash, risk-taking Kuol that we all love. What happened to him?

Michael

Anyone got anything to say about Jing Reec? Interesting time to blood a forward......

from the little bits I’ve seen, pretty similar athletically to alou but better dribbling
Looks to run at defenders more

I would’ve thought matty cahill would be next in line since Tsekenis is injured but very happy another youth lad could be blooded nonetheless

Michael

Kuol’s sadly lost some of his mojo. He was fantastic at the start of the season, & his skills won us crucial games (which I am grateful for). However, he’s held himself back lately. Ideally, I want to see the former Kuol in action - the young, brash, risk-taking Kuol that we all love. What happened to him?

he’s been well off it for atleast 5 games for some reason. He has a couple moments where he explodes but barely gets involved now. Not sure if it’s him not working to get involved as much or the team not finding him or him being targeted when he comes on.

Ozhammer

Anyone got anything to say about Jing Reec? Interesting time to blood a forward......
My understanding is that he is more of an AM who got pressed into playing up front due to Tsekenis being injured. That said, he clearly knows how to find the back of the net.

ryan

Reminds me of Sam Silvera. He was impressive in a few games and then his head was turned by outside interest and he was not the same after that. Hopefully Kuol can prove me wrong

Huddo

No pressure in this game, I am looking forward to finally watching a game and not feeling like pulling out my hair.
Can't see us lossing by 4 to this team, and if we do we don't deserve to be in this position.

Huddo

I see jings in the matchday squad, know it's to late to trial players for this year, but noting our position, could staj be looking at resting a few players? Mixing up the starting line up.

Big Al

I thought Alou was absolutely brilliant in his 10 minute cameo against Metharthur FC last week. I was hoping to see more of the same against The Scum sadly he was no better than the rest of them.

Hopefully he cuts loose on Sat.
Macathur were much more open so he had space to move in.

Newcastle had a wall of 11 players in 10mtrs with three big CB’s to take away his aerial threats and we had no one who could pass through that mess.

I think he’ll be better tonight and finals

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Too many yellow cards?
This, I think.

He hasn't been the same player since he got his 4th way back at the start of the season. Terrified of getting his fifth.
Now? Who knows. Last week he stood out as being particularly lazy and disinterested in a disinterested team. People say it's because his head is in Stuttgart so he doesn't care, but I wouldn't have thought he'd be that sort of player, though maybe I'm wrong.
Macathur were much more open so he had space to move in.

Newcastle had a wall of 11 players in 10mtrs with three big CB’s to take away his aerial threats and we had no one who could pass through that mess.

I think he’ll be better tonight and finals
He wasn't moving off the ball though. Heck, he kept moving from open space towards traffic - it looked like he was actively avoiding the ball.
As a forward, it's his job to get himself into a position that he can be passed to. We can't keep blaming mids for strikers not doing work - although last week there was a weird disconnect between our mids and forward line; how many times could you see the ball carrier and receiver sort of stop and start, then the mid put a through ball when he thought the striker would make a run and the attacker wanted it at feet - or conversely, the striker started to run, then stopped thinking he'd get it at feet, then watch the ball go to nobody?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami