• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Last season match - CCM vs Homeless Compass Point United

style_cafe

Rookie ref for this one. I'm fine with that, it's the experienced VAR that concerns me!

Looks like Staj wants to blood a striker. I was wondering about that last week. Wonder why Balard got replaced....Anybody know much about Reec?

Personally, I'd be happy for Kuol to not get any game time and give Reec a run - he can't possibly do any worse than Kuol (who, I'm quite certain, was actively avoiding the ball and strolling over towards defenders so he wouldn't have to run and do anything).

We need to do well here, but our backline's consistent poor performance without RT is a big, big worry - especially with the Albanian Salesman at play.

We need to perform just to get our heads back in the game for the finals, I reckon.

Would you change tactics up a bit if you're Staj? That's always a bit of a risk, but it's a game where we can take risks. Because our current tactics and formation don't work - and everybody has figured us out.
Surely that’s a bit harsh on KUOL... :popcorn:

ryan

It's a strange feeling to go into a match with nothing hanging on the result and the only questions being:

a) Who do we get next weekend- Cowbell FC or Greg Louganis FC?

b) Who do we get to laugh at most- the Tards or the Jest?
It would be sweet to knock any of them out. I find Adelaide and Brisbane more repulsive than Macarthur and would be happy for them to deal with each other. I also want to finish 3rd as i think we deserve at least that

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

A few on here wondering if we'll approach this as a 'nothing' match.

Heck, if we do that I almost wouldn't be surprised if we actually get a better performance......

Tough one for Staj, how to approach this game, and what would be best for our mindset going into finals.
Nothing game, rest some players a bit, even try some variations in structure might be the safer bet than trying to win to recover from last week.

Tevor

A few on here wondering if we'll approach this as a 'nothing' match.

Heck, if we do that I almost wouldn't be surprised if we actually get a better performance......

Tough one for Staj, how to approach this game, and what would be best for our mindset going into finals.
Nothing game, rest some players a bit, even try some variations in structure might be the safer bet than trying to win to recover from last week.
They will have a full week before the finals so you don’t really need to rest players IMO, maybe 60 mins for Oli and one or two others. Most players don’t want long spells if not carrying a niggle or two.

I just want them to go out tonight and enjoy the moment and then it’s likely to be a favourable result as they did seem preoccupied against the scum.

turbo

They will have a full week before the finals so you don’t really need to rest players IMO, maybe 60 mins for Oli and one or two others. Most players don’t want long spells if not carrying a niggle or two.

I just want them to go out tonight and enjoy the moment and then it’s likely to be a favourable result as they did seem preoccupied against the scum.
This. Avoid racking up yellows or overly risky tackles. Earlier subs to keep players fresh and get some minutes in fringe player legs in case of extra time in finals.

Rising Sun

This. Avoid racking up yellows or overly risky tackles. Earlier subs to keep players fresh and get some minutes in fringe player legs in case of extra time in finals.
Definitely need to get some minutes into some of the fringe players, not just for extra time but also in case we get injuries and they have to play longer minutes.

I'd give Hatch a run in place of Clisby and see if he is up to it - if Clisby picked up an injury then he's our only other natural left back and he has negligible a-league experience and hardly any game time at all since last year's NPL final.

Like to see Janota and Casella get some extended minutes as well

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, all I know is , the boys owe us a arse kicking after that god awful dross they scraped together in the derby ….yes the pressure is off , so here’s to a free flowing game that has the cannon go into melt down

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred