• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kosmina Sacked by Sydney FC

MattSimon

Part_Timer said:
i for one will miss his post match ramblings, about "not deserving to lose" and "playing great football but not getting the result"

Don't forget "we had too good a start to the game" (v. Melbourne), and the standard "we could have been up by seven or eight goals by halftime"

Kosmina out, Popovic in :piralaugh:

Andy

According to Simon Hill, Roy Keane has been approached by Sydney FC to replace Kossie.

Massive singing if it happens IMO

FFC Mariner

Keane not coming, foreign coach most likely.

This dude seems to be getting a lot of airplay on their forum:

Vlastimil Petrela (born July 20, 1953 in Prostějov) is a Czech football coach who worked with Zenit Saint Petersburg from 2003 to 2006, winning the silver medals of Russian Premier League in 2003 and reaching the quarterfinal of the UEFA Cup in 2005/06. Before Zenit he managed Sparta Prague and Bohemians Prague.

Redline

Seems to high class for Sydney...though I suppose the ZSP link with the new owners could be the solution.

loyalist

David Votoupal said:
Will any A-League club listen to my suggestions for a coach, or continue to make the same mistakes over and over again?
Become ceo of a club and they may then listen to your opinion

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Got this from the Roar (not the A-league team) sports newletter

Rumoured replacements include Czech former Zenit St Petersburg coach Vlastimil Petrzela, the clubs now assistant and recently-retired captain Tony Popovic and even Manchester United legend Roy Keane.

cruiser

Good riddance to Kosmina. I'd be happy never to see his angry, ugly mug on the sideline ever again.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

RADINHO said:
i Would put my bottom dollar on Afshin Ghotbi getting the job

ok.  I will wager $5AUD with you that it is not Ghotbi.....hardly your bottom dollar. SO do you agree?

This is good news for Australian football. I'm sure Slater, Cockerill, Arnold will think it is a travesty. But they are knobs.

Auburn Mariner

Roy Keane, I will reserve judgment on that, but do you REALLY think he would want to coach here, even if some rich Russian ogliarch offers him $10 million a year, an apartment on Coogee beach and a weekender at Palmy??

The Zenit link seems plausible. Popovich, probably needs more time as an Assistant.

I ask you, is Arnold-out a viable alternative for the Bling? Long-term international coach, links to Europe, Sydney-based, wouldn't cost them a motza?? Just asking, I know what most of the Forum-ites think of him, but do not be surprised if he is appointed.

One wonders what now happens to Alomissi, now his stumbling block has vanished (probably to surface as the next coach of the Jets after GVE).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred