• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kosmina Sacked by Sydney FC

David Votoupal

It doesn't change the fact that players simply didn't give their all, Aloisi was a miserable failure, and Sydney FC's problems go all the way from the board down to the players. I feel he was caught between a rock and a hard place in many ways.

brett

"Mutual Termination"

Bosses: "Kossie, we don't want you here. You're out."
Kossie: "Give me some money then."
Bosses: "If we must."

David Votoupal said:
It doesn't change the fact that players simply didn't give their all, Aloi$i was a miserable failure, and Sydney FC's problems go all the way from the board down to the players. I feel he was caught between a rock and a hard place in many ways.

Those were pretty much down to Kossie.

David Votoupal

brett said:
David Votoupal said:
It doesn't change the fact that players simply didn't give their all, Aloi$i was a miserable failure, and Sydney FC's problems go all the way from the board down to the players. I feel he was caught between a rock and a hard place in many ways.

Was it exactly? Seems like Butcher and Culina experienced similar problems didn't they? There is a very poor culture at the club and the only new owners should be able to change that.

brett

David Votoupal said:
brett said:
David Votoupal said:

Was it exactly? Seems like Butcher and Culina experienced similar problems didn't they? There is a very poor culture at the club and the only new owners should be able to change that.

What about Pierre? They played for him. Butcher brought dire football, but his men made the four, and his squad was nowhere near what the 08/09 squad is. Culina was a square peg for the round hole that is Sydney FC - like McKinna at Jets if you could imagine that.

No doubt those guys didn't do great but Kossie had the best Australian players in the A-League come to his club and he stifled the hell out of them. Aloisi, not to mention Bridge and Musialik, don't just become shit.

Agree that the new owners will fix up the culcha.

northernspirit

they need to get rid of their Hakoah backroom and start over again with more professionalism and better community programs, they should take the best parts of what Melbourne and we have done in how to build a successful club and and off the pitch, problem is that SFC are on the nose in Sydney and cant see great numbers of people flocking back to see them for some time yet

Redline

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the new owners a couple of years to clear out the deadwood in the boardroom and on the field and rebuild the team and get fans back in.

Penrith9103

Here is the story.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24988654-5000940,00.html

AFTER much speculation, Sydney FC and coach John Kosmina have parted company after a rocky A-League season in which the Sky Blues failed to make the finals for the first time.

The former Socceroo had a year to go on his contract but the club is about to come under the control of new owners.

"Sydney FC and John Kosmina have today mutually agreed to a termination of the Sydney FC coach's contract, effective immediately,'' the club said in a statement released on Saturday afternoon.

"Sydney FC would like to thank John for his contribution to the club over the last 15 months, said Sydney FC CEO Stefan Kamasz.

"We would like to wish John all the best in his future endeavours.

Sydney FC will make an announcement in the coming days regarding the coach for the 2009/10 A-League season.''

The club finished fifth this season, two points outside the top four, after posting seven wins, five draws and nine losses.

David Votoupal

Countryhick said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the new owners a couple of years to clear out the deadwood in the boardroom and on the field and rebuild the team and get fans back in.

And what if a 2nd Sydney side gets in by then?

Jesus

Jesus
Sounds like they have someone lined up. If it is dutchy, no doubt con said "give me 2 bob and you can have him, do you need any players?"

Part_Timer

i for one will miss his post match ramblings, about "not deserving to lose" and "playing great football but not getting the result"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred