• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

$ity Heart vs CCM.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

But it does matter. It matters a lot.

We're still not guaranteed finals so every point matters. Their goal should've been chalked off for an obvious foul and we should've had a pen. We were the better team last night but got nothing.
Not long before somebody commented on reddit that they'd love to see CCM score an equaliser. I responded with a comment along the lines of "the way it's being reffed tonight, you know if we did score it'd be taken away for some made-up reason".

Oops.

The entire match was a mess – and it stinks when the conclusion a lot of fans are left with is that the games comes off as rigged; that the FA wanted the plate to be delivered that day.

Whatever your opinion on that statement isn't the point – it's a pretty big perception at the moment even from a lot of neutrals, especially when you had commentators before the match talking like it was already decided.

My point is – whoever you support, it's a pity when receiving the plate is overshadowed by that sort of controversy (much like that MV GF win, in a way)
Without VAR we loose 2-0 as Birraz doesn’t go up for that corner down 2.

Well...I see that logic, but we also know how the presence of VAR is clearly affecting referee decisions and we all know that referees are avoiding decision making. Without VAR, Evans may well have actually disallowed their goal of his own accord. Heck, he may have even disallowed their second, whereas currently he can operate saying 'doesn't matter if I don't blow it in the leadup'

It was great to see how hard the boys fought - and that they kept their cool in the face of the most consistently biased reffing we've seen all season. That's impressive. Probably the best performance we've had in quite some time. Was frustrating to see how many tackles they did much worse than Simon's that resulted in no card. McLaren probably should've been booked 3 times alone. Staj's card was a response to one of those.

We definitely lacked penetration in the final third - and that really hurt us when City were consistently able to get numbers back in the box (remember how at the start of the season that was our defensive approach?).

Hopefully they can hold their heads high and keep that intensity for the rest of the season.

Up until last night I would have been happy for City to take the double. After the way they played, f**k them.

Ancient Mariner

Janota does things the others can't do at training. He tops them all with the ball at his feet. Would I resign him for next season?.....the answer would be no sadly.
The few chances that Janota has had that I have seen makes me think that he is real class. I am not sure where the problem lies but I suspect that he is out of place in this team. The lack of individual skills and simple mistakes that we play with are balanced by the team enthusiastically scrambling and covering for each other as much as possible. This does not seem to suit his style and thus he appears out of place, and even at times lazy. I also suspect that many of our players do not have the vision to take advantage of his attacking skills
I think he is a square peg in a round hole and would possibly shine in another team or maybe in our team as a #10 if we had shooters who could score goals.
I am sad we have not seen more of what he has to offer.

pjennings

The few chances that Janota has had that I have seen makes me think that he is real class. I am not sure where the problem lies but I suspect that he is out of place in this team. The lack of individual skills and simple mistakes that we play with are balanced by the team enthusiastically scrambling and covering for each other as much as possible. This does not seem to suit his style and thus he appears out of place, and even at times lazy. I also suspect that many of our players do not have the vision to take advantage of his attacking skills
I think he is a square peg in a round hole and would possibly shine in another term or maybe in our team as a #10 if we had shooters who could score goals.
I grew up watching Apia and Balmain Tigers. Janota reminds me of a RL player from England called Tony Myler (I think). He was so far ahead in vision that it took many games before some of his teammates cottoned donto what he was trying to do

Insertnamehere

I think he is a square peg in a round hole and would possibly shine in another team or maybe in our team as a #10 if we had shooters who could score goals.
We just have too many AMs. DDS, Niz, Janota, Bouman. They all play in my mind more ot less the same position. Obviously there are differing elements to their games but all play central and up the field best.
There's just no way to get them on the field together.

Forum Phoenix

Then we should have depth, but looking at our subs we don’t. So what’s wrong? Does Staj not trust him, trying to avoid extension, had a falling out?
I’d be very impressed with Janota if he had taken this season and lack of game time on the chin. Can’t fave been at all what he was hoping for. So it wouldn’t surprise me that he’s had a falling out as a result.

Staj doesn’t seem like a man to tolerate, or care to win back to the fold, a pouty player.

Pirate Pete

Bookmark this post if you like but-

I reckon the powers that be are pulling for a SFC v City GF rematch. And any goals scored by other teams along the way that inconvenience this conclusion will be simply.....chalked off?
I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Can't have those pesky Coasties going down to Melbourne for a grand final and out singing the home team can they.

Allreet?

Michael Lynch for the Age, normally a much better reporter, but seemed to just be soley focused on getting a controversy out of Staj.
I know Lynchy - met him a few times - and have never known anyone so British Tabloidy in his ruthless hunt for a headline. He interviewed Heather Garriock in the moments after she learned of her sacking from Canberra Utd and asked a few questions getting emotional answers that were clearly regarded by her as off the record.

Imagine her shock when only minutes later The Age online had published some highly inflammatory comments she'd made. She called him out but he just shrugged. Nothing is ever off the record.

Can't help but like him though.

Huddo

Bookmark this post if you like but-

I reckon the powers that be are pulling for a SFC v City GF rematch. And any goals scored by other teams along the way that inconvenience this conclusion will be simply.....chalked off?
They wanted, sfc vs adelaide, in the inaugural, the mariners said f**k em.
They wanted wanderers to win the double in their inaugural, the Mariners said f**k em.
We'll say f**k em now, Siege mentality.

true believer

we still need a change to our set up . our strikers have scored all season.
we have gotten almost nothing out of midfield . i don't believe we can play dds and nizzy at the same time .
we need wide out pace, hatch or koul .
we keep getting swamped in the midfield so we need 5 in the middle .we only started matching $ity when matty came and back creamed noone .
our weakness is nigro . so lets play 352

birra
roun rowles clisby
koul/hatch stens urena/janota olii dds/nizzy

urena/simon/koul

442 isn't gunna work with the cattle we have . plan B time

Ads

Would be great to have an attacking wing player. Can anyone remember the last true wide attacking player we've had?

Pain was fit and firing during some of those average years.
Despite being in a loosing mentality team he was direct, shot well and often came up with good cut ins and created something while others got stuck passing around the 18 yard.

Ferrera was often a fan favourite, he had that hard slicing shot, but was not a good all rounder and was way to inconsistent.

Insertnamehere

Pain was fit and firing during some of those average years.
Despite being in a loosing mentality team he was direct, shot well and often came up with good cut ins and created something while others got stuck passing around the 18 yard.

Ferrera was often a fan favourite, he had that hard slicing shot, but was not a good all rounder and was way to inconsistent.
I was spewing when Paine left. He's not done much at WUtd or wherever hes ended up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami